"Night mode" should've been the default from the start. It's less strain on the eyes and uses less energy

"Night mode" should've been the default from the start. It's less strain on the eyes and uses less energy.

Attached: gl.png (1366x768, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tatham.blog/2008/10/13/why-light-text-on-dark-background-is-a-bad-idea/
jov.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2132608
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was

Attached: ibm-3486-bgx-terminal-green-screen_1_8d329b7d89d2a28850da99f532457899.jpg (1440x1080, 190K)

Yes now fuck off

Why did we move away from this? Because muh paper? Paper doesn't emit light.

blame wypipo

>using Google

turn on your lamp basement boy your eyes will get used to it

>"Night mode" should've been the default from the start. It's less strain on the eyes and uses less energy.

Attached: BLACKED mode.png (712x793, 6K)

>uses less energy

t. IPS monkey

As said, nightmode was the default for decades. Them the Apple Mac ruined everything, starting in 1984.

Because they did extensive testing back when and it turns out people become more accurate and faster readers with black text on a light background. Nightmode is a snakeoil meme

>uses less energy
Depends on the device. On OLED, sure, but not so confident on LCD, especially without zone dimming.

Also some research showed that black text on white background strains eyes less than white on black.

Personally I use dark mode with not pure white and not pure black (usually some warmer tints of it). Haven't tried OLED black yet

>recherche
What kind of word is this
What does it mean to cherche something

I don't want to see my reflection

>faster readers with black text on a light background
Compared to what, white text on a black background? No dark mode is white on black, it's off-white on grey. Have any studies been done on that?

Black text on a white background always strikes me as shining a spotlight directly in the face of the user. I usually turn my brightness and contrast all the way down on my monitors, and it pains me to even look across the office at people being aggressively shined on by their overly bright operating systems.

Yeah it gives off a friendlier vibe and it looks *more* like paper.

learn french

Yes. Overall dark on light background results in a 26% increase in reading efficiency compared to light on dark

This blog post cites some of the research
tatham.blog/2008/10/13/why-light-text-on-dark-background-is-a-bad-idea/

Also, pic related. Afaik, almost all research reaches the same conclusion - that dark text on a light background is superior

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 22.37.05.png (1172x1560, 925K)

Why would anyone learn a dying languages only spoken by North Africans and niggers?

Except this is bullshit and every study concludes that both are equally fine. Dark text on bright background is just a legacy things from times of paper.

see You're plain wrong and ignorant of the actual research done in this area since the early 70s

See
Plus for the fact that *most* studies that even conclude that didn't even give time for people to get used to anything else than dark on light, since they had been using dark on light 99.99% of their lives so obviously they were more used to it.

Plus your literar blogpost has no credible sources and is based on old information.

Retard. Posts link that disproves your point.
>Use the colour scheme that makes you happy.

I've presented sources. Now, you do the same. You can't though and referring to your own post without sources is retarded

Repeat that in legible English, faggot

No.

OP nightmonkey piss room smell BTFO

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 114K)

What does “26% more accurate” even mean though? There’s so many other factors that have been added since 1980 (nits increase, better resolution, different fonts, etc) that i don’t think the research still stands.

I use dark mode on startpage and ddg to know instantly if my prefs are loaded or not.

jov.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2132608
It's because of the way the eyes work. Fonts and resolution wont make up for that. As for what the percentage means, read the sources. They explain it

>single languange merifats

OLED, not IPS

>logged in to fucking google
go the fuck back to /v/eddit and never come back, nigger.

Attached: image.jpg (449x492, 116K)