How likely is an eventual open-source OS with no free-software-only agreement? I want a Linux in which I may play Steam...

how likely is an eventual open-source OS with no free-software-only agreement? I want a Linux in which I may play Steam, Gog and Epic Store games

Attached: 1558060220344.jpg (346x250, 10K)

you say that as if you can't install those botnet gaymen things in a variety of distros right now

Very likely, considering the fact that no Linux distro has a free-software-only restriction.

sneed lol

These
/thread
OP is a retard

it's called Ubuntu

Why are some games unavailable for Linux then?

Trisquel, Parabola

several other distros have a package you can install whose only purpose is to tell the package manager that it conflicts with nonfree packages so that you won't be able to install them by accident

Are you retarded?

quite a bit, yes

Interesting. Do you remember offhand what it's called?

Because although it's the same cpu architecture, the graphics apis like directx require a translation layer (wine) and it's not fully developed yet.
I honestly mean it this time when I say it's getting there though, linux is real close to being great for gaymen.

That's great news, thank you user. I was confused because I had my professor teach us specifically that Linux was a free stuff only deal. I'm going to bring this up to him and ask what he meant

>professor

uni has become a joke, even the stem fields

honestly seems something hard to miss, specially when he's been in the field for decades (he started programming in the late 70s). I'm genuinely confused

gentoo has one you can set yourself. its neat

And feed lol

>trusting authority figures
I'm sure you'd also believe if they told you girls have penises wouldn't you.

It's strange but maybe you misinterpreted him.
I refuse to believe, that he believes that something in the linux kernel forces you to compile everything from source, he probably just has outdated information about the kind of things people do with linux.
He's probably never seen linux running as a desktop operating system in his life.

You can install anything with trisquel or parabola as well.

Because no game developer is going to waste time and money trying to optimize their game for 2% of the pc market and that market prides itself on not paying for anything.

There is also another problem. The Xbox operating system is very similar to Windows 10. Meaning not only are games optimized for the two most popular systems on the planet but it's also the most optimized operating system for gaming.

>you can set yourself
it's default now

Because to make games work on Linux you need to program them specifically to do so and test them and fix compatibility issues and it's not worth the time because nobody uses Linux

your problem isn't non-free software its graphics card manufacturers not developing drivers anymore

Attached: traffic.gif (500x281, 1.23M)