For real though. What’s Intels game plan? They are completely finished for the next 2 years

For real though. What’s Intels game plan? They are completely finished for the next 2 years.

Attached: 2F6F0611-18B5-4A5F-9A3D-5A2C93DAFBC8.jpg (2053x1025, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7hofCnniJE
anandtech.com/show/14407/amd-ryzen-3000-announced-five-cpus-12-cores-for-499-up-to-46-ghz-pcie-40-coming-77
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol

Attached: 30122A40-7A66-44FE-A131-CBAF201DE9D4.jpg (770x1042, 128K)

force everyone to use intel optimized benchmarks

That won’t happen if they go bankrupt

Desktop:
10c/20t Comet Lake (still 14nm++, plus additional hardware security mitigation) by the end of the year. 8c and lower in Q1 and Q2 2020. LOWER PRICING compared to current 9th gen Coffee Lake across the board. After that, Rocket Lake which my ass assumes as Sunny Cove/Willow Cove ported to 14nm++. Of course, by that time it will be competing against Zen3 on TSMC's 7nm+/6nm. Possibly Tiger Lake (Willow Cove, 10nm+, Xe graphics) in 2021 or maybe they'd just skip 10nm on desktop altogether

Reviews when?

>unmatched workload performance
What's workload performance? At least say which workload you mean.

Everyone seriously concerned about performance already uses IntelC++ anyway.

Are you a newfag zoomer?

You weren't here during the Pentium 4, Pentium D up until the very first Core2Duo in 2006?

AMDrones back then were also laughing at Intel, until the period between 2006-2008 started shredding AMD into ribbons that AMDrones were begging people not to buy the E8400.

Too bad, people bought the E8400 and the later Q6600/Q9xxx that sunk AMD into irrelevance until recently.

No fagget I’m in my mid 30s and well aware of all that shit.

Kys

> What’s Intels game plan?
Get EUV up and running as soon as possible. They gave up on 10nm non-UV and bought some EUV machinery from what I've heard. Probably going to be a new arch too, considering Jim Keller is with them.
So right now Intel does not care if they're losing in technology, they're announcing new generations to not be forgotten and it goes well. Also don't forget GPUs, they should be doing a ton of R&D right now.
Let's go back to this in a year, right now they can only gamble on their "holistic reliability" or whatever to keep their customers.

Everyone seriously concerned about performance already uses AMD64 anyway.

>They are completely finished for the next 2 years.
No they are not. All big companies are already built around intel hardware. You can't just change from intel to amd

You were born just in time to witness this change.

>bring up server processors when your competitor announces new consumer grade products
They are afraid!

Their plan is to Lay back, spread wide and think of investors

More aggressive market segmentation (bronze, silver, gold, gaymer edition)
Double ring bus
14nm+++++++++++++++++++
License AMD fabric patents, if any

were built.

Ok and? Going from Intel to AMD is not like going from Intel to IBMs OpenPOWER9

Isn't Linus an Intel shill?

3800X BETTER SINGLE CORE THAN 9900K ?????????

The fuck

Attached: 205af7691b98b54bac4c566fa9a13f146f820541c77ca7976c44988bc3f54d2f.png (800x618, 937K)

Yes, you just have to pair it with 4500mhz RAM.

Still cheaper than delid + delap and watercooler for 9900k lol

It's a matter of how big a difference in perf/watt there is. Nobody is going to change their servers if AMD's offerings are 5% better, that's just too much money and too much of a hassle
But if the performance improvement is significant, the companies that don't adopt it will fall behind.
Cue in the Xeons vs EPYCs folding proteins. And don't forget Intel's server chips usually go for twice the price as AMD's for roughly the same performance

>delid and delap costs money
>3800x won't need a watercooler
What did he mean by this?

Gonna take a lot longer than a year.

Zen 2 would work fine with a Noctua. Intel is a shitty housefire.

Attached: 1558435521657.jpg (1327x1222, 331K)

>Jim Keller
I thought he's working on Intel Xe GPUs? Why does everyone assume he's working on future Intel Core series?

They're free if your time is worthless, sure

please stop going around my filters

Attached: 1528051380373.jpg (395x166, 17K)

>board g v
Go back to

Jow Forums is literally /v/ though

I expected Zen 2 to come very close to 9900k in single thread but not fucking surpass it lol

Attached: 1558816973358.jpg (960x717, 187K)

7/7 at 7:07 AM.

This is now an AMD board you seething faggot

I think with the growing market of home-servers and home-labs, and a bigger emphasis on custom built machines over pre-built, even for enterprise servers, Intel will get less and less of the hobbyist/power-user market.

For the same reason that people would rather build a gaming pc from parts from Newegg over buying a Dell Optiplex tower, we will see people building servers from parts vs buying Dell PowerEdges.

Sure, most enterprise companies would prefer to go with dell for that sweet extended warranty, but that kind of stuff only lasts so long

>implying it can reach 5ghz at all

>3800x won't need a watercooler
hello shill, checkout pic related. a 16core 'only' consuming 250W while overclocked with an early revision sample and absolutely deleting the competition with an insane score.
250W is actually cool-able with an aircooler like the NH-15, unlike the 9900kelvin and his new retarded brother, the 9900KYS(faggot)

thanks for your attention

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-9-16-core-4.1-GHz.jpg (2000x1125, 715K)

i'm not gay, i just like cute girls (male)

come back in a week if you wanna see your linux threads

Nh d15 cools 9900k just fine at 5Ghz
Don't know why you are making this shit up but you obviously have done 0 research.

If he is,the latest computex broke him
youtube.com/watch?v=v7hofCnniJE

fake and gay

when can we buy the next Zen?

Now we wait for independent benchmarks

(((independent)))

>i'm in my mid 30s
my condolences

Lol pussy

>Nh d15 cools 9900k just fine at 5Ghz
>running your CPU at 85°C

does Epyc work for games?

kek

>During their Computex demo, AMD benchmarked the 8 core, 16 thread Ryzen 7 3700X against the Intel Core i7-9700K, an 8 core and 8 thread processor. The processor is said to feature a TDP of just 65W and has clock speeds of 3.6 GHz base and 4.4 GHz boost which is an exceptional improvement over the Ryzen 7 parts which boosted up to 4.35 GHz.

>8c/16t vs 8c/8t
AMD's IPC is still shit.

No, he just care about who gives better numbers no matter the scenario. So if a i9 over clocked ad infinitum, drawing 600W was giving more FPS and better bench results than the AMD equivalent, Intel was the best choice.

>Intels game plan
Same as always, rush buggy shit to market, overpromise, overprice, viral market to idiots, and perform pretty much the same as before because processor speed hasn't significantly improved in over ten goddamn years.
Then watch as AMD promises their own shit but at least actually tests their shit and doesn't charge an arm and a leg for their 0.00001% improvement new product.

Isn't the problem with competition that the best model always wins? If you get beat in a hypercompetitive industry like this for too long, that could be it for you because everyone would just buy your competitor's shit.

Don't forget to disable HT :)

Probably abusing the OEM deals, pushing to 6Ghz and designing a brand new arch.

Using the other slide it can be calculated that Zen2 has 2.46% better multithreaded "IPC" including the SMT/HT (using the comparison to 9900k) and up to 11% better single threaded (this assumes the boost works like it does with Zen+)

>6Ghz
GLOBALFIRES

fag

Every major datacenter, cloud hoster, etc is already switching to AMD EPYC and Threadripper and they have been doing so ever since the first M/S flaws have been revealed. Too big to fail or we've always done it this way doesn't cut it, but sure Intel isn't rapidly losing consumer and enterprise market share everything is fine drink the koolaid.

If you want to keep up with Zen2, sacrifices must be made.

>dude lmao just buy a $2999 Xeon

Not him but 9700k didn't even have HT, lmao.

Oh nononono

That's just AMD using a real world scenario. HT is buggy shit and will get your shit hacked so obviously it wont be used in a professional environment.

Faster ram gives other benefits too. Like being faster ram.

Still the highest clock speed

Attached: 1533566085480.png (653x726, 84K)

>all these retards fixzated on MUH NIGGAHURTZ
>not a single tech """"""""press"""""""""" mentioning that clock for clock AMD now has superior IPC and vastly better performance per watt

Intel is so fucking screwed and all these idiots haven't even realized it yet. Forget about desktop gayimg bullshit. Intel is done in the workstation and server department and that's where all the money is made.

These idiots have no clue.

Attached: 1479120477512.jpg (404x404, 19K)

>not a single tech """"""""press"""""""""" mentioning that clock for clock AMD now has superior IPC and vastly better performance per watt

Actually they say it here
anandtech.com/show/14407/amd-ryzen-3000-announced-five-cpus-12-cores-for-499-up-to-46-ghz-pcie-40-coming-77

>Direct chip to chip comparisons put AMD’s single thread performance against Intel at +1%. Though it should be noted here that something like the Ryzen 7 3800X, which boosts to 4.5 GHz, is being compared to an Intel CPU that boosts to 5.0 GHz. That would put IPC on this test firmly in the hands of AMD.

Attached: TG4_RGB_02(12R).gif (1000x1000, 494K)

Good but they still don't realize how big a deal it is. This is literally Sandy Bridge vs Bulldozer all over again.

Intel can crank up the ghz housefires all they want, that won't fix anything. And AMD won't just sit still they will improve IPC and performance per watt every year. It will take Intel at least 5 years to catch up that is IF they can even get their shit tier processes to work.

Time will show what a huge leap Zen 2 is.

This is what we were discussing in the past three years.

Were the 9900k overclocked or stock?

i'm unironically thinking we're going pentium 4 way again. intel will take everything they can through unfair marketing

Same old desperate lies and bribes

Let's hope AMD's legal team is prepared this time

Look at this faggot, literally hiding the best threads.

intel is backed by the us goverment, amd is backed by handful of good boy points they've acquired over the years

Attached: 2567567887567878.png (452x460, 192K)

Intel STILL hasn't paid the EU fine for fucking over AMD in 2005-2006

They recently appealed it again.

Attached: 1285858706035.gif (550x413, 104K)

>the best threads
anything related to nvidia/amd/intel is just retards shouting at each other and posting wojaks edit. there is /absolutely/ zero interesting discussion, it's literal children arguing which company they like the most. it's the same thing as /v/ not actually discussing video games, but in their case the threads can be actually funny, Jow Forums is just pathetic.
when i want to actually discuss tech and cpu/gpu architectures i unironically go on Jow Forumshardware. i still frequent /dpt/ and /sqt/ to help people though.
don't even reply to this post.

make me, faggot

Doesn't need to in order to beat Intel. Zen2 has better IPC.

Yeah you're right OP. Intel is going to FINISHED AND WIPED OUT IN 2 whole years.

Vendors are going to immediately start validating on AMD server chips as we speak.

There a video you faggot.

Pretty sure they were fined in more places for the shit they pulled.

>twice the price
*Laughs in Platinum $50k 56-core*

They're getting really desperate lmo

Attached: 1558938596720.jpg (998x485, 45K)

Haha shintel is seething

not him but get the fuck out you underage retard

lol based oldfag detected
lmao, intelcels cant even look at facts anymore, they got btfo so hard

retard

The absolute state of intel shills

imagine being delusional to the point that you accuse everyone of being a shill. i filter all threads with intel/nvidia/amd because they're all equally shit. and i own a ryzen cpu by the way.
keep shitting up the board.

This makes no fucking sense. Why is AMD allowed to release a CPU that is cheaper, but performs better in every metric? Surely this is illegal in some way.

>A0 stepping
>most dies that make it to market are B1 to B2 stepping
>A stepping can go as high as A3 before getting to B0

Which means this 16c/32t @ 4.1 @ 250W can done one of two things over the next 6 months as the die stepping goes up: Maintain 4.1 for a reduction in clocks potentially as far as 180W or increase in clocks up to 4.3-4.4GHz while sitting at 250W. Either way, this thing is going to completely wreck face on Intel.

And i am currently posting this using an i7. That doesnt mean i wont make fun of you when you come to seeth in an amd thread and whine about your little bitch threadfilter. We have like 5-8 apllel shill/hate thread without any reason what so ever, amd vs intel is perfectly relevant atm,

AMD's SMT is 2 actual hardware threads per core, whilst Intel's HT is really just 1 core with left over unused resources reappropriated as a "thread". It's not a true implementation.

>amd vs intel is perfectly relevant
doesn't change the fact that these threads are awful, with no actual discussions about cpus and it's just people flinging shit at each other. you're equally retarded for shitposting with 'hurr durr shills'.

>i filter all threads with intel/nvidia/amd
So why are you here?

>I literally, *literally* have no fucking idea what IPC means
(lol