There is literally zero point to upgrading cellular network infrastructure to 5G. LTE is blazing fast already

There is literally zero point to upgrading cellular network infrastructure to 5G. LTE is blazing fast already.

5G is another example of many of capitalist faggotry forcing shit on us we don't need and charging us even more for it. Fuck your ever-expanding botnet dystopia, nobody asked for 5G.

Attached: image.jpg (605x455, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

weather.com/news/news/2019-04-30-5g-networks-interfere-with-weather-forecasts
youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yea, there is. 4G doesn't support enough BW and devices per antenna.

True, you could install moar 4G antennas for smaller areas each and wire them up with optical cables, but that'd cost far more - and on that end everyone is a capitalist faggot.

5G is the future. Deal with it.

What's with the 5G hype/paranoia? All the politicians talk about it like it's the new frontier in wireless communications and Huawei will ruin everything.

Imagine being a luddite liberal retard with the thought-process borrowed from senile boomers who shit their pants in public.

5g just stuff more connections into one tower. stuff is getting more and more bloated for the sake of download speeds.
whats the point of having these new fancy 5g towers when they suck up 5-10 channels just to power 1 device?

id rather those faggots give me more data than fucking 10GB per month on a family plan than increase my speeds. no point in download faster when two fucking HD youtube videos will use your entire month's limit

The NSA just got all the current stuff *juuuust* the way they like it, so changing up the infrastructure means doing all the completely-illegal-but-technically-not-against-the-law-if-you-squint-real-hard-and-ignore-basic-human-rights shit all over again. It'd be a lot quicker and easier for them if the government just got full control of new infrastructure installation and maintenance, and creating constant public fear over foreign power is the best way to do that. It also helps that said fear is pretty justified considering how much China would like to become the undisputed #1 superpower in the world.
So basically you're fucked either way and it's pointless to worry about it.

I couldn't care less about the conspiratard shit. Nationwide coverage with speeds that rival gigabit ethernet is fucking overkill when people don't even have it that good in their residential internet. Fucking kill yourself zoomers

>liberal
lol

that's probably exactly what they want to happen.

>b-but you need to fix my residential connection first!
not an argument
kys

> 5g just stuff more connections into one tower.
That and more bandwidth.

> stuff is getting more and more bloated
It reduces the necessary antenna count for x bandwidth by like a factor of 20 in well-populated areas and for y devices possibly even more than that.

Obviously not all of these gains will make it to you in cost reductions / increased capability, but you still can't really claim it makes no sense. It does. It's a major upgrade of heavily used infrastructure.

>Nationwide coverage with speeds that rival gigabit ethernet is fucking overkill when people don't even have it that good in their residential internet.
user, other countries have rolled out multiple fiber wires to homes and serve 1/1 or even 10/10GBE connections to residential areas on these.
If your nation/area hasn't, you just didn't force/incentivise your ISPs sufficiently, and at that point your main chance of getting more bandwidth is actually over the air (because it avoids some of the cost of installing fiber connections to homes) - be it through upgrades to the mobile phone network or perhaps at some point something like Starlink.

It's not overkill. It's likely your only realistic way to get better infrastructure.

who hyped to see cell towers go down

You're thinking in terms of today like morons. 4g isn't fast enough for stuff like driverless cars, and mobile AI that requires a lot of data, and so on. Imagine flying AI-enabled drones. It's imperative that we (Americans) stay on top of emerging technologies, and kind of natural considering we invented the fundamental technology that makes this all possible in the first place.

>lte
>blazing fast
since when 5 Mbps download is blazing fast?

what about the electrodes that cause brain cancer?

Needed for self-driving cars to keep idiots from driving.

5g gives lower latency. Not mbps, but smaller ping.

Lower latency to where exactly? Between the cell phone and the tower or between the tower and a server? Seems like BS marketing to me.

>4G isn't fast enough for driverless cars
What? Do you think they fucking use datacenters for driving input? That's a terrible idea. Self driving cars process locally.

Between cell phone and the tower. Tower can be hooked up on fiber.
With older gen mobile it doesn't matter how you hook up the tower, wire or fiber, it's going to be dog shit slow, because tower to phone takes forever. There's bandwidth in 4g, but it's still dog shit slow

Lmao here comes this guy

Cable latency is ~10ms to the node, max DOCSIS throughput is like 1gbps
DSL is ~5ms and max throughput is like 100mbps

The telcos can either spend billions and run FTTH OR they can upgrade their existing cellular networks, which they were going to do anyways, to 5G which is targeting 1gbps throughput, 1ms and target multiple customers at once instead of digging up everyone's front yard

And really 1gbps internet service is overkill for 99% of people

> Pepe the Pooh
Thanks Chris

the danger radius for that is only within a few meters of the antenna

I deal with K-band (highest band 5G uses) satellite antennas which have more power going through them than any cell towers will, and those have about a 30m cancer cone

5G is the smart dust botnet. It will also be ipv6 from the ground up.

>CHINA IS THE BEST TECH PROVIDER FUCK THE KIKES 5G CHINESE SUPERIORITY

*shuffles cards*

ROFL WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE EVEN LIKE 5G LIKE BRUH...

FUCK CAPITALISM AM I RIGHT!?

>forcing shit on us
Like is someone holding a gun to your head saying they'll pull the trigger if you don't upgrade?
Just like look away from the screen and don't upgrade.
like wtf nigga.

if 5g is so great why doesnt china have it already? they can nuke their balls first

> Just like look away from the screen and don't upgrade.
> like wtf nigga.
I heard there is no 3G coverage in US already. The same would happen with LTE.

>I heard there is no 3G coverage in US already
You heard wrong.

>doesnt china have it already
We do. And it's beautiful.
t. Chang

proof? show me a coverage map and speeds and compatible phones

Sorry it's too late here and I'm going to sleep.
t. Chang

That's a lie Chang.
It's like 19:30

Are you an old gramps that can't stay up late because of the air pollution?

Range.
Literally Range.
It's all about the fucking range.
More range = less towers.

Attached: hummmmm.png (425x325, 176K)

Also to add to this we haven't been using the 4g standard in most places we've just been using a souped up 3g standard.

Companies hype is because more ways to rip you off
Governments hype it because the companies lobby them and they want to say "look how much more advanced we are"
Russian shills spread FUD because Russia can't afford to set it up on time and would rather pull the leaders back rather than try to catch up

For the average user 5g is worthless and a waste of money.

Cancer aside, there are actual problems with it though weather.com/news/news/2019-04-30-5g-networks-interfere-with-weather-forecasts

This desu senpai. Large scale deployment of fiber is far more important than shitty 5g

>There is literally zero point to upgrading cellular network infrastructure to 5G. Cell phones are botnet devices that track you and are of no benefit to anyone and should be banned.

>increasing download speeds tenfold so I can watch YouTube videos at the same speed as on 3g/LTE, and download fast enough to hit my data cap for the month in 5 minutes.
>muh capitalism

Attached: 1554513270124.png (644x598, 122K)

>That's a lie Chang.
>It's like 19:30
>Are you an old gramps that can't stay up late because of the air pollution?
He has to get up at 3:30AM to work at the apple factory.

Nobody on the planet needs "driverless cars, and mobile AI that requires a lot of data" and "flying AI-enabled drones" that consume more than 100mbps each.

LTE max incoming throughput is 300 mbps (37.5 megaBYTES per second) - it's more than enough for literally anything. Literally.

We need more low-end spectrum, I'm sick of 13mbps download speed and constant deadzones

Too bad most 4g networks in the US are 4g in name only

Exactly, I'd rather see overclocked 4G towers and better plans.

governments are worried because China makes all the 5G infrastructure which means China will have all the backdoors instead of the American letter agencies, and the letter agencies don't like it when someone else is king of the hill.

also 5G has shit penetration so for full coverage we need to have 5G broadcasts basically every-fucking-where and some people are predicting the next natural step from there is a total surveillance state like China has

>For instance, Samsung Corp. said recently that it tested its 28Ghz infrastructure with Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) for its home-brewed fixed 5G service at ranges of up 1,500 feet (500 meters). If those ranges hold true beyond the customer trials -- note if -- that would mean a 5G radio deployed every couple of blocks in Manhattan, just for a fixed wireless service.

What about all the nerds saying 5g is the end of men, because it somehow kills us, animals and plant life (the world i guess)?

remember, citizen: do not look directly at the 5G towers without sunglasses

youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

Attached: badboy.gif (245x140, 1.31M)

Most Luddites are low-IQ conservative boomercucks

Attached: vcpPZ.jpg (717x880, 186K)

lte doesn't work when there's a lot of people. Not enough bandwidth.
I was on a massive demonstration once and the network collapsed.
There was signal but nothing actually went through.

you said the same thing when LTE came out, didn't you?

Attached: okay.png (741x501, 419K)

If you really want to be falacious you can say no one on the planet needs "internet, phones or computers"
and no working isn't a Need since you can grow your own food and make your own clothing

Now that you have rethought your argument See how stupid you sound?

lmao overclocked 4g towers
/v/ is thata way bud,