Do most people know about NTLite or the major geek tool for Windows...

Do most people know about NTLite or the major geek tool for Windows? I only learned about them recently and they really make Windows 10 usable. I saw an average of 1.5-2GB less ram usage and you can disable cortana and windows defender. I only found out about these tools because I was tasked with coming up with a way to make shitty zotac zboxes usable at my place of employment.

Attached: screen_source.png (1465x982, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/DrEmpiricism/Optimize-Offline
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I heard of NTLite but haven't used it. I have no idea what major geek tool you're refering to though

I believe it's called MSMG, but that's a little harder to use.

NTLite is extremely easy to use and it really changes the user experience for the better for windows.

So how's it used? Edit the iso before running or does it trim down an existing install too?

>windows
>kernel configuration
>usable
Fuck. You almost got me OP.

MSMG Toolkit gave me better results. With this I just added updates to an 8.1 ISO and it broke that shit badly.

the real use for it is to rip out the telemetry package (asimov)
anything else is just icing on the cake

I use it. Matter of fact used it to do the new 1903 image I download a couple days ago.

One of the main things I do with it is have all services disabled so I don't have to do that shit after I install. Then I use poweriso to save the image with the activation file in there so it's activated after I install. Then I use win 10 privacy to uninstall all the shit apps that come with Windows 10. By the time I'm done with that I'm ready to install my shit.

edit the iso before installing.

Wouldn't windows 10 just reinstall everything after an update?

It's literally a frontend for Dism. What do you think?

both
it can do more than just what dism exposes

not op, but i've been trying to do one with win10 for a while now, but i always run into some snag, never had so much trouble modding up 2000/xp/vista/7
i've mostly got it, but my current attempt had a start menu and settings app that won't open

Attached: a.png (1024x768, 160K)

>settings app
These two words in this particular combination make me gag, for some strange reason.

There is also an open source powershell script that does similar job as NTLite, it's called Optimize-Offline, but it's not for brainlets because you need to edit it yourself if you want to add your own tweaks, etc
github.com/DrEmpiricism/Optimize-Offline

preaching to the choir my friend, but unfortunately, i don't have any other choices to run solidworks, and they'll be dropping win7 support after SW2020, so i need to find some way to make win10 tolerable eventually
the 'old' control panel works fine
the start menu i don't give a shit about, as you can see, i don't use the official one, it's shit
i'm not sure i can replace the settings app though
i can only assume i was too aggressive with removing appshit, i don't plan on using the "windows store" or any of that new appx stuff or w/e

windows is a pita to modify, since you can't just reinstall shit you strip out on their own, and when things break, you usually can't tell what caused it

Attached: 2019-05-29-000102_1033x860_scrot.png (1033x860, 250K)

-- can anyone more familiar with windows 10 tell me what exactly is in the new settings app that isn't available in the control panel?
maybe i don't even need it
the only thing i know is in there is windows update, but i use wsus offline for updating

>i don't plan on using the "windows store" or any of that new appx stuff
You should probably base your modification on LTSC then.

it is

Non-brainlets don’t need no such tool
Windows itself has many avenues for configuration
Defender and Cortana can be set with group policy for example
>1.5-2GB less ram usage
Let me guess you where not struggling for RAM before but the lower number makes you feel better

>buy pro for full price goy, we didn't gut group policy, i promise
>bloat = good, more running services = good, don't ask what they do
Begone, shill.

Attached: Change_Telemetry_Data_Collection_Option_Windows_10_Group_Policy.png (590x332, 30K)

almost as small as the source dvd

Attached: a.png (1033x860, 198K)

check out dism++

huh, didn't really expect SW to work in this configuration
side-note: to speed this up, i have the VM's disk in a ramdisk
bit of a tight fit to have all my host stuff, the vm, windows 10, and sw2019 all on 16G ram

Attached: 2019-05-29-041131_1033x860_scrot.png (1033x860, 271K)

no because of the way windows is componentized
it's made by the guy who made nlite btw

So if i use this tool and remove the telemetry(from an LTSC) as a post mentioned above,it can be safe?

yes, as long as ms dont add a new feature, the previous component removed will stay removed (ntlite is updated pretty often to take care of new features like that anyway)

different user, but enterprise (including LTSC/LTSB) has ways to disable pretty much every BS consumer experience and (most) telemetry features, but this one pisses me the fuck off. I have all my windows installs joined to a domain controller which enforces group policy settings and the fact that you literally cannot disable telemetry entirely even on windows server and 10 enterprise is beyond retarded

I paid nothing for my copy of Win10 Education which is enterprise under a college’s volume licensing
I also paid nothing to go to my current school

what modifications are you guys doing? I'm currently on LTSC and I feel like I can do better. AME sounds quite good but I'm not too sure.

>get original .iso of ltsc 2019 x64 version 17763.1
>use w10ui (open source) to integrate newest updates and .net framework 3.5 into the .iso
>get the optimize-offline (open source) script from github and use it to remove components: bioenrollment, parentalcontrols, sechealthui, peopleexperiencehost, optimize-offline also uses all the possible tweaks to disable telemetry and other annoyances
>clean install optimized ltsc 2019 x64
>activate using kms_vl_all (open source kms activator with infinite auto-renewal)
>???
>profit

btw, AME is pretty crippled, it's made by retards who think that they know what they are doing, they removed appx packages the wrong way breaking the sfc file integrity + they enforced max level UAC in their homebrew image, because they are retards and don't know that UAC is flawed and certain software will refuse to run/install/work properly with it enabled