Native JavaFX images now possible thanks to GraalVM native. JavaFX is officially the best cross platform GUI framework

Native JavaFX images now possible thanks to GraalVM native. JavaFX is officially the best cross platform GUI framework.

gluonhq.com/a-boost-for-java-on-the-client/

Attached: javafx.png (489x204, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dotnet/wpf/blob/master/Documentation/contributing.md
gluonhq.com/products/scene-builder/
github.com/AvaloniaUI/Avalonia
github.com/eclipse-efx/efxclipse-drift/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> officially the best cross platform GUI framework
Is it? I only recall it was a half-baked mess and stalled progress like 5 or so years ago.

> java
> best at anything
comedy gold

That's far from the truth. Ever since Gluon has taken over JavaFX development it's been going very well. JavaFX being part of the JDK was actually a problem because JavaFX was bound to the JDK release cycle. Literally any braindead idiot can develop GUI apps on JavaFX with Scenebuilder.

Nice argument, isn't even bound to Java. You can use any JVM language.

wasn't supposed to be an argument, you poorly educated moron. it's more of a statement than anything. do you even know what an argument is or is english not your first langauge, pajeet?

You claimed Java wouldn't be the best at anything, implying it's bad without delivering any arguments. You sound like a muslim faggot who just spreads nonsense without thinking about it first.

> he still doesn't know what an argument is
> doesn't understand what a statement is
you seriously need to learn English properly instead of shitposting your retardation here.

>delivers a questionable statement without an argument
>doesn't consider himself to be a retard

> Ever since Gluon has taken over JavaFX development it's been going very well.
So... sensible support for Vulkan and OpenGL is covered? No problems with Wayland on Linux?

And while I don't even remember all the issues with missing Widgets/UI elements that I had, I do remember it also performed really poorly on larger images and larger trees and so on even with vanilla widgets, plus it sucked to modify the tree so it would have collapsible grouped entries with some controls.

Even if almost all GUI frameworks are iffy, it was one of the worse GUI frameworks.

Tic Toc

Attached: 21412441.jpg (640x480, 49K)

I have had no issues with OpenGL and Wayland so far. Don't know about Vulkan though. JavaFX has improved a lot since version 10.
You do realize Microsoft has stated that they won't be doing a cross platfrom GUI, right? And even if they did, WPF fucking sucks.

Also JavaFX on Graal is native. .NET Core isn't. Gtfo with your microshill shit.

Right, the fifth major release will finally get .NET to the point where it's better than the JVM at running all sorts of languages on all sorts of hardware.

Wasn't like the C# / MS fanboys suggested this every time and then it turned out the JVM was still more useful even at the stated goals of uniting support for various languages in one cross-platform runtime, on most releases until recently without even trying.

>You do realize Microsoft has stated that they won't be doing a cross platfrom GUI, right?
False

>the fifth major release will finally get .NET to the point where it's better than the JVM at running all sorts of languages on all sorts of hardware.
It is already, .net-core 2.2 is faster than Java and much more comfy to write in

Okay lmfao github.com/dotnet/wpf/blob/master/Documentation/contributing.md

Attached: firefox_2019-05-28_15-36-55.png (977x103, 14K)

I have to use this for my class. How the fuck do I position things in a scroll pane? I usually use a border pane or a grid pane. When I put a gridpane in the scrollpane the usual column constraints like setting width percent do not do anything. I need this for assignment plz respond.

It's not faster than the JVM and it's most certainly not faster than GraalVM native. I know it hurts that you have worked yourself into the wrong ecosystem but don't worry, you can still make the chance.

By the way tell me, who actually uses .NET Core apart from Bing and stackoverflow?

You can simply use an AnchorPane.

Also check gluonhq.com/products/scene-builder/ out

Even if no "official" support will be available

github.com/AvaloniaUI/Avalonia

> I have had no issues with OpenGL and Wayland so far.
That I find next to no references to anyone doing anything that even combines JavaFX and Vulkan or OpenGL seems suspicious to me.

So what OpenGL/Vulkan thing is your JavaFX displaying on Wayland? When I tried it, they didn't even have a formal way to render OpenGL/Vulkan in some rectangular area on UI elements.

>I know it hurts that you have worked yourself into the wrong ecosystem
Said the dusthead using Java

So far the only people that I have seen using netcore are people who are stupidly deep into Microsoft and wouldn't even consider using anything else. Netcore maybe good or bad, but these people seem to use it just because it's from Church Microsoft.

.net-core is very good actually, its probably the easiest tool to write fast apis with Golang

I thought they stopped supporting javafx because swing was still the most used toolkit

JavaFX "internally" uses OpenGL to render 3d shapes etc.. That's whas I meant by it.

>That I find next to no references to anyone doing anything that even combines JavaFX and Vulkan or OpenGL
github.com/eclipse-efx/efxclipse-drift/

> .net-core 2.2 is faster than Java
I've also heard that since .NET was introduced and then basically every language that was actually available was somehow faster on the JVM. And also the LLVM. And just about everyone that needed to crunch a lot of data or host a huge website went with the JVM - even in relatively recent times, Apache Spark is one of the biggest things.

> much more comfy to write in
The JVM ecosystem has better editors/IDEs, better build tools, better and more supported languages.

Can't see how .NET5 would now somehow make everything a lot more comfy.

>Not using Tkinter Python with heavy operations written in RUST

Its like you hate comfy

Attached: 552535212.jpg (480x470, 30K)

This is essentially what I had wanted, but arguably probably something with a bunch of other users, docs, Vulkan support, and preferably first-party. Like good old QT or such.

Maybe I'll get back to JavaFX at some point and test if the other issues (like how it had no real way to sensibly deal with various large images or how it couldn't really handle large trees with reasonable performance) have been resolved and it picked up some more software that actually uses it.

>You do realize Microsoft has stated that they won't be doing a cross platfrom GUI, right? And even if they did, WPF fucking sucks.
avalonia exists, it's cross platform and works like WPF

JavaFX by itself is shit, but tornadofx + kotlin is really good.

> so mad and illiterate, still raging that someone dared to criticise java
> still doesn't understand what a statement or argument is
are we reddit now? java is GARBAGE. get used to it, you fucking lamer of the programming world.

op is a raging retard. what did you expect?

lol, care to explain why? TornadoFX is shit because its just synthetic sugar. Worse, it does not support JavaFX 10, 11 and 12. Even ScalaFX supports JavaFX 11+. Kotlin is shit.

>Twitter backends running on the JVM/Graal
>Google backends running on the JVM
>Netflix backends running on the JVM
>Amazon backends running on the JVM
>Android apps running on the JVM
>Slack backends running on the JVM
>and so on...
but yea.. some fat unemployed user on Jow Forums knows better. In fact, he still hasn't delivered any arguments of why Java is shit. Probably some fucking .NET Core or worse, node.js or PHP fag.

You're likely gay. kys

Too bad they're getting rid of core hahaha