How do we stop climate change /g?

What technology that either exists, or doesn't exist would you use.

Attached: flood.jpg (860x460, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spiegel.de/international/germany/high-costs-and-errors-of-german-transition-to-renewable-energy-a-920288.html
mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Flood the Sahara dester on th o a giant lake and kill any Africans that try to cross it

Technology that stops climate change

vote republican

Make a real big thruster and push the earth away from the sun

Attached: futurama_crimes_of_the_hot_robots_600.jpg (600x450, 174K)

first off it's too late, you can't stop it now. even if western nations all suicide the world will still be fucked. but overall:
>switch to nuclear power
>switch to electric cars
>plant a ton of trees
>try to bring the ocean back to life
>spend a lot on r&d
>invent a disease that kills every african

at a consumer level there's nearly nothing you can do. the best thing to do as an individual is to set yourself up to be resilient against climate change. that means not living in florida, or anywhere near the ocean ideally. protecting against yourself for flooding damage. living further north. living in areas less likely to be affected by drought and wildfire. living in areas that are resilient against the migrations that will take place once things start getting bad, not anywhere near the middle east or africa.
personally I chose toronto, to be next to the great lakes and to be isolated from other countries through the USA. based on the maps I've seen this general area is positioned very well against climate change, and in some ways will benefit.

stop thinking about it and it will go away,

Nuclear reactors + hydrogen

And with that I mean nuclear bombs and hydrogen bombs on South America, Africa and Asia. Because the climate problem is mostly an human overpopulation problem.

>shut down every powerplant that isn't renewable tomorrow
>kill the useless meat industry tomorrow
>slowly kill the fashion industry
>expand public transportation
>tax private driving the fuck out of viability for most
>tax commercial air travel the fuck out of viability for most
>tax the fuck out of plastic use just for the fun of it
And since the job is basically done now, might as well spend the 10 years left purging Burgers from the earth in some sort of hunger games.

>switch to electric cars
Total meme. Even if the power was 100% renewable and the drivers not retarded (AI) cars are simply not feasible in the long run unless there is some car pooling shit going on.

Why stop it? Build a boat, go full waterworld on this bitch.

>unless there is some car pooling shit going on.
Or quick change battery trays. Gas stations would have large charging facilities and changing robots. Maybe battery trailers might be cheaper and become normal for long range trips. You could maybe rent these from a gas station?

Batteries are retarded. Just switch to hydrogen. Which is going to happen anyway within a few years.

Regulate companies and stop fucking. Businesses polluting and too many fucking human beings are the primary causes.

Fuck off commie.

>South America
Half of South American countries already have fertility rates below replacement. Go bomb your own ass.

Attached: Fertility_rate_world_map_2.png (856x435, 117K)

>climate change
So the weather changes? Wow. That doesn't sound like it's a dangerous thing. Why care?

lol fucking no, hydrogen isn't happening. the energy loss in making hydrogen is retarded and there's been no considerable advances. the future is electric, and it's already happening in china.

weather != climate, you uneducated cretin.

blue pill
>climate change isn't real
red pill
>climate change is real and we have to stop it
black pill
>climate change is real but we can't stop it so we may as well act like it's not real

But we can stop it, pretty damn easy too; we just won't because muh consumerism.

We should force third worlders to stop fucking and breeding then because europeans are already below replacement rate.

nah, not really. that's pretty naive. it's not possible to stop it anymore and it would be anything but easy even if we still had time.

>implying the Climate Change narrative isn't just to transfer all the industry and manufacturing power to countries that don't give two fucks, don't tax their industry with green taxes and don't give two fucks about their environment such as India and China
>implying that all that "stop using petroleum products" organizations aren't backed by the Rockefellers
>implying that they didn't change this thing's name from "global warming" to "climate change" after being massively BTFO'd
If you want to be more worried about something, be on the water usage and developing low cost R&D strategies to desalinate sea water. That would serve us even if humanity manages to leave the Earth.

you cant climate always changes and the sun isnt a perfect emitter of constant energy

>humanity manages to leave the Earth
how to get anybody with more than a double digit iq to disregard your post

Third worlders barely use any CO2, even if you don't distract the ones they use to serve the first world. If we all lived like them, climate crisis wouldn't be worth thinking about in the next 200 years.

>its easy lets just stop making shit and stop using electricity and live like serfs.

[x] cringe and, blue pilled

blue pill
>a few degrees is important, animals can't migrate, the earth has a homeostasis
red pill
>in the short term, arable land in canada and russia will give people more places to live and thrive
black pill
>ocean acidification will cause skeletal formation to be disrupted, bio engineering GMOs and spacefaring will fix it anyway

classic western guilt and western centrist outlook. that may have been true once upon a time but co2 outputs across the 3rd world are ramping up fast and they don't give a shit about stopping for the sake of the climate. only africa doesn't actually use much co2 and that will change once china colonizes them.

That doesn't include you for certain.

> How do we stop climate change /g?
Like the EU does it.

Or preferably better than the EU, maybe some better more planned transition to nuclear power+ a good bunch of renewables, efficient heating, efficient cars, bans on various industry practices that pollute, tacking more costs on highly polluting airplanes and ships, and all that.

Atmospheric carbon capture machines & ocean water desalination. Both powered by fusion reactors to scale up for global use.

>Retards STILL believe muh ocean levels are rising
In 2006, in the big propaganda movie tgey played to children, An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore presented the "settled science" that claimed New York would be underwater by now. What is the new prediction? New York will be flooded, itll just take another 20 years?

Fuck off

The climate has been warming up over thousands of years, since the last ice age. Humans may have accelerated it in the past couple of centuries, but that doesn't mean we can stop it.

Instead, we should use the effort to try to slow the acceleration and develop solutions to help us live in the new climate.

Attached: 1535261717851.png (1257x1568, 521K)

Advance ocean acidification and let the opctopi take over

Almost all of the EU went down and much of the rest of the world went up, so it's sometimes more or less equal.

The problem isn't the first world I guess, it's the USA, Canada and a few more that are silly consumers per capita even if you DON'T bother to also add the emissions that producing their shit caused in Asia.

> they don't give a shit about stopping for the sake of the climate
Not true for a lot of countries, China and others obviously started a lot of not cheap projects to eventually stop and reduce reduce their emissions and pollution.

Attached: Co2_emissions_per_capita_our_world_in_data-fs8.png (850x600, 43K)

It's simply basic ass facts. Western lifestyle isn't sustainable; even if you half the population.
Obviously people who barely used any CO2 and industrialise will have an upwards trend but they are still centuries behind being relevant. Even fucking China has a somewhat sustainable use despite not giving too many fucks about pollution.

Even if you snapped the entire third world out of existence, it'll gain us a few decades at best, and then we'd still have the same problem of using far too many resources.

EU overall is pretty half assed about it actually, some of the Nordic countries are better examples.

looking per capita is shifting the blame where it doesn't belong. the third world is low per capita because of low development and a lot of the population not participating at all in the modern world. if you look per capita at people actually living in more modern regions of the third world it's completely different. it is rising extremely fast and changing rapidly. people want to push per capita to make it seem like the west is the center of the problem when the third world is by far a bigger issue.

By reusing old refrigerant as air duster.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 5K)

>EU overall is pretty half assed about it actually, some of the Nordic countries are better examples.
not really no. the nordic countries are above the EU average. they do have very good PR though.

I would use viruses. A special virus that attacks only kikes,pajeets, chinks and niggers. There u go problen solved. Not only would i solve the global warming but also the migration crisis and the middle eastern wars... No kikes no wars. Btw sand niggers could immigrate to india or africa and start a new life, a new jihadist caliphate, a paradise for them unless we whites colonize it.
Also I would solve humanitarian problems no starving african or pajeet children cos theyd be all dead!

It would just end up stalling the economy of these countries and outsource the industry to places where power (and workforce) is cheaper but diritier. Same for consumers. Taxing the shit of their products won't help either.
Also renewable energies are just a nice headline for newspapers. Battery banks and manufacturing solar panels are often more contaminant than the plants they are intended to replace.

I'll probably just buy a boat with all the money from my oil company stocks.

Attached: 1530619907429.jpg (1619x1725, 474K)

Just read a news story a couple days ago about industrial scale freon emissions being tracked to factories in China.

Attached: CopyQ.TYHkGY.png (306x239, 9K)

>EU overall is pretty half assed about it actually, some of the Nordic countries are better examples.
The Nordic countries or Switzerland and such are examples how you can theoretically proceed faster and further if you have both the will and a good bunch of money per capita. Sure, some of the EU certainly is also half-assing it a bit, but then it's also much harder to make the necessary investments if you have more people at or below poverty limits and the government wasn't flush with money either.

Yet even there the trend is generally towards a fairly significant reduction.

nuclear (USA plz stop closing all your plants you stupid cunts, Germany did this and now their electricity prices have doubled. Meanwhile French electricity is cheapest in Europe because they kept nuclear open)
end the solar+wind meme
trees, trillions.
ocean fertility and productivity
hydroponics compact farming
end meat industry
workplaces closer to homes
>end the fashion industry (that's an impressive idea, I approve, user, the amount of shipping container usage and waste this would save would be staggering)
AI vehicles which prevent traffic jams
cults, memes, religions, zeitgeist opinion - sway people/social groups into hating environmental irresponsibility, start by showing them how expensive being wasteful is
shale isn't so bad btw, but oil and coal has to end.

Per capita shows you that the problem isn't a population thing. A few third worlders getting somewhat close to the majority of the first world are irrelevant for the big picture. You'd do more for climate by purging 10m North Americans over 1 billion of Africans.

Germany is flushing with money and still does a crappy job. Sure EU countries are doing the best out of the developed world but they aren't trying nearly as hard enough as they could.

>The Nordic countries or Switzerland and such are examples how you can theoretically proceed faster and further if you have both the will and a good bunch of money per capita.
Germany had both of those and they still fucked it all up.
spiegel.de/international/germany/high-costs-and-errors-of-german-transition-to-renewable-energy-a-920288.html

>sway people/social groups into hating environmental irresponsibility
Surely we could get the right wing parties bitching about immigration talk about the hundreds of millions refugees that would result from climate change.

global genocide

all per capita shows you is that certain areas are more developed. if you look at the industrial waste and pollution of similar plants in south america or north america the difference is staggering. the lifestyle of the third world is changing fast to match the west and western people are too focused on themselves to even imagine that they might not be the true problem that needs fixing.

Does the president of the united states still claim global heating is chinese fake news?

You don't. The earth's climate has been changing for billions of years and will continue to change for billions more.

>the third world is low per capita because of low development and a lot of the population not participating at all in the modern world. if you look per capita at people actually living in more modern regions of the third world it's completely different
Bullshit. You can't even read a map.

If you looked at the map he posted, literal third world countries like South Africa, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Iran, are way ahead in CO2 per capita emissions than more developed countries in Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece, France, Portugal), South America (Argentina, Chile) or Asia (Japan, NZ).

CO2 per capita does not correlate with development and it's a valid metric to put the spotlight where it belongs. If the US won't even sign the Kyoto Protocol why would the Chinese even bother to adapt their growth to lower emissions?

Attached: co2-emissions-gdp-and-population-as-bubble-charts_50290b38e2524_w1500.jpg (1500x1061, 288K)

Global population control is less likely to result in nuclear holocaust.

>Surely we could get the right wing parties bitching about immigration talk about the hundreds of millions refugees that would result from climate change.
Wasn't that the excuse the UN needed to enact the Global Compact for Migration a couple of months ago?

you literally agree with me and don't understand that you do

>all per capita shows you is that certain areas are more developed.
>Canada and Straya are more developed than France

I'm saying per capita outliers (USA, Australia, Kazakhstan, South Africa, etc) need to get with the program regardless of their level of development. All of these countries emit more than their development level would imply and CO2 emissions are not correlating with development at present.

by enclosing China in a giant dome

>kill meat industry tomorrow but slowly kill the fashion industry
>tax the fuck out of private driving and commercial airlines but not directly the oil import or private flying
Your schnozzle is showing moshe

not him but u wot

I'll be long dead before it begins to affect me. Ping me when we have life extension technology first, maybe then I'll care.

Attached: JokerBurnsMoney.jpg (410x300, 130K)

> It would just end up stalling the economy of these countries and outsource the industry to places where power (and workforce) is cheaper but diritier.
Happens for some things, but most of the economy isn't actually moved.

So yes, reductions were achieved.

> Also renewable energies are just a nice headline for newspapers
They work to a good extent. 100% solar is silly of course, but 10-15% of demand or such usually makes economical and ecological sense and can be installed in projects as small or big. Also combined with solar warm water.

Is "some" renewable solving all emission issues? Fuck no, but it's one of many effective investments (you also renovate houses, improve railways, improve bicycle usage, make use of more gas emissions from waste and wastewater treatment, and a million more things).

> Battery banks and manufacturing solar panels are often more contaminant
No, why would they be?
> Inb4 we dump batteries in lakes and landfills

Human scum

There is a chance for life extension tech being viable in 2040-50. Not like you're going be able to afford it though.

I really don't understand why these kids bother. They're like that retarded kid in middle school who would interject to say some um'ascktullay nonesense that's just an irrelevant interpretation of some "facts" they read online. That's right you don't even remember them because they were the ultimate omegas.
But being pathetic and not engaging in discussions is easier than the opposite, so when old deluded liar "politicians" and bloggers need some kek to discuss without any actual work input, here they are.
Just filling spaces, wasting resources, never learning, never getting a girlfriend.

We could collect all the co2 from the sky using rain... A lot of acid rain. Collected the hco3, put it in israeli suers and youll have free gas chambers + solve the problem of climate change

Does this pipe dream really motivate people? What would you even do with another few decades? Another decades of wageslavery and 2 of being a withered, decrepit older great great grandpa?
That's not you, anyway. It's some other creature with mostly-similar DNA to you, completely different molecules making up their flesh, a wholly different mind and perspective - no different from an ancestor really. It'll just be another joke to make money off-of rich people who thanks to their old age, have even more wealth pooling at the top of the pyramid to be taken by marketers and scientists clever enough to sell something pointless.

Believing climate change is a lie from (((them))) is easier than accepting the clusterfuck we're in. They are less retarded and more overwhelmed and fearful; hence need some bullshit to keep going.

mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385

>hurr, I'm a complete different entity than I was 5 years ago
Literally on the same level of delusion as trannies that think they are females stuck in a mans body.

So liar children who just wanna be relevant is a form of COPE too... Sounds like something a psychologist would say but I can mostly respect the concept.

I'm talking about age reversing shit or at least stuff that makes you function normally again; not vegetable ++ tech.

Though I don't really get the appeal either, one great thing about life is how short it is, so you're motivated to experience the most in the little time left. Being able to add too many years to it would just lower the experience overall; just how making a great 2h movie last 20h would fuck it up.

Now this is some modern society pseudo-christian-culture mortality COPE

>Germany is flushing with money and still does a crappy job.
Relatively speaking, but I think they're on track for a 32% reduction by 2020 as compared to 1990.

Sure, the goal was 40%, but it did achieve a good bunch regardless.

Not gonna read that - what's the relevant part?

Generally speaking, you can always do things better, or have less additional goals like also phasing out nuclear power at the same time (which IMO is counterproductive). But at the end of the day all that matters is that Germany didn't keep going on the trend of increasing emissions but is reducing them.

On Sunday, in the European parliament election I've voted for the most right-wing party I could, HOWEVER, it bothers me how conservatives are weak on things like climate change and animal cruelty. Anyone else know that feel?

it's actually a strategic error by right wing parties. people are voting left wing parties simply because of environmental issues even though they disagree with many policies (like mass immigration). if right wing politicians could bring over green voters it would be better for everybody. in the old days the right wing used to be the party of conservation, too.

Voting comically right-wing is just throwing an impotent and impatient temper tantrum for the world to magically get better, but it doesn't work. You're allowing democracy to be a constant whirlwind of upheaval of attitudes and morals rather than actually do some shit to make your life better and address things that you care about and make you and everyone around you richer.

Almost like they are owned by big business or Russians instead of having some sort of ideal. And you rewarded them for it too.

Even the nazis gave a shit about protecting the environment, diversity of species and animal rights; since they had sooooome sort of ideals instead of the current bunch that picks the flavour of the month topic.

>votes retards
>sad bout retards doing retarded things

One would think that the right wing would care about their people. Turns out it's just blind ideology: it doesn't matter if the nation dies of global warming, what matters is showing superiority.

Well the nazis were genuinely a successful power play who campaigned and acting on (deranged) morals and values.
Politics these days are just 1-policy clowning and then whole terms of wastefulness, as you kinda say.

Based China.

Not really, you'd need to basically delete capitalism overnight. And even then, it's likely too late, since there's some inertia, emissions of the past will generate effects in the future. We might already be terminally fucked.

Exactly what the rich are doing with this whole space thing. They're not developing hem for Mars or the moon, but for Earth when it's uninhabitable.

>Not really, you'd need to basically delete capitalism overnight
Nobody pisses into the pond as much as the People's Republic of China
Denying China is a communist country won't improve your social credit score btw

china isn't communist in any way except name, they're enviro-facists

No need to go that extreme. Just kicking it massively in the balls on a global level – which would be still cheaper than the trillions climate crisis would cost. It's still an issue of political will, nothing else.

> it's likely too late, since there's some inertia, emissions of the past will generate effects in the future
These can be still counter balanced at this point. Even most pessimistic projections still give us time.

user was so nice to provide a map yet motherfuckers still go on comparing the pollution from a billion people to countries quarter the size.

phytoplankton

There, climate change averted and everything is happy

Climate change is the emperor's new clothes for the unwashed masses of double digit IQ morons.

cowsay nigger

Climate change will never be fixed until there's a way to make money doing so.

>meat industry is killed tomorrow
>fashion industry is killed slowly
But why? I mean, you're completely retarded but this point is specific is not even consistent in your retardation.

That chart is 100% bullshit. I'm all for fixing climate change, but China and India are the most egregious offenders.

Attached: 1540991410250.png (750x1334, 1.46M)

>technology causes problem
>use technology to fix it
wat

no they genuinely are rising you tard. heard of the maldives?

>blames technology

back to your containment board.

racism is a retarded ideology for degenerates.

shutup faggot

based but I wouldn't use the word "racism" as the term has been completely milked out of meaning