Give me one good reason why you're not using Arch in current year?

Give me one good reason why you're not using Arch in current year?

You figuratively can't!

Attached: Archlogo.png (600x199, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dotshare.it/category/shells/bash/sort/likes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I literally can't, Arch is the best distro

Attached: 2019-05-28-194210_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 40K)

Because they call themselves arch linux, instead of arch gnu

Because I use Gentoo. Arch is for brainlets.

Attached: 932a0451-48a5-40bd-84dc-a1b00cdf2876.png (1600x900, 1.72M)

Imagine going that far into a linux build and still having those colours and fonts.Major lol. Just buy a fucking macbook you nerd.

Same here but with 5.1.5 kernel

>calls someone brainet
>he actually fell for suckless meme
kek

I have Kubuntu on my laptop just because they have a better video driver for my shitty Intel HD Graphics

gentoo is for insecure brainlets with nothing important going on, it has no advantages over arch and is a huge timewaster

Is Manjaro a good distro for people new to linux?

Worst Linux distro for servers.
Prove me wrong.

you're retarded if you think that's even up for debate, literally nobody pushes arch as a server distro

Elementary OS is the true patrician distribution

I know.
And that's the best reason I don't use Arch. Dumbass.
>t. server admin

It's a pain in the ass to install. It's really the only reason.

Can't give you any valid reason. I personally use Debian but have tried arch and never had a problem. Just a matter of preference to me, nothing against arch.

because i've got a job working with linux systems and no sane person would use arch on a HA cluster, production VMs or
lab workstations.

Arch is more stable than Debian Sid, though.

debian has been a fucking mess for like 5 years anyway, and i've been a debian user since sarge.
debian sid is per definition unstable until the freeze window, not sure how arch handles different versions of packages and who how they maintain them, but i doubt they are actually more stable since they have less package maintainers to patch and backport patches.

Yes! Manjaro was my first distro and if I could change that I wouldn't. A great beginner distro imo. Install KDE Desktop environment for easy switching from windows

Arch is quite stable. My original Arch install is still purring after 7 years. Arch only does one thing, and it does it well. Debian unstable is an afterthought, and using the unstable repo as the basis for an OS is not what it's designed for, and Debian spends no time trying to make it work. Use at your own risk. Debian unstable is true to the name. If you want to roll, Arch is the way to go.

This

gentoo at least has a reason to exist in targeting narrow features and hardware, arch is yet another x64 distro used for nothing

sir

Attached: what.png (1507x744, 133K)

stable means no breaking abi/api/config changes. pretty much every piece of software had breaking changes in the last 7 years, thats the reason why rhel6 is almost useless for anything except hosts and infrastructure (i still have a centos 6 cluster, but all my vms are el7).
so how the fuck did you manage to still run your 7 year old arch installation ?

I'm using Antergos that should become pure Arch unless they really fuck up that last update (not shure when it will be released)

>kristallnacht
Based and redpilled

Because I use Fedora, meaning I get newest technology and packages provided by competent devs and maintainers

I can't in good conscience profer reproofs or opines on GNU+Linux distros until I've tried them all, so I moved on from Arch.
It's OK.

Same my install here is from 2013 and it's been working pretty well.

Attached: momcancelmymeetings.png (461x64, 12K)

Literally the worst distro.
I'm no fanboy and see the value of using Ubuntu, Arch, Gentoo, Knoppix, Puppy, Mint, Antergos or Debian for different situations and needs.

But Elementary is pure shit. Locking yourself in a bloated sandbox. Might as well become an iToddler at least your sandbox won't break down with updates.

No installer.
Doh!

Attached: sav-the-four-words-every-girl-wants-whispered-in-her-32727518.png (500x408, 127K)

You know who else uses Arch? Your Mom's back last night.

Because I use Slackware

Attached: 2019-05-28-135058_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 520K)

Because I use something better.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-28_15-54-37.png (208x177, 10K)

/thread

Need Office 365 for muh job.

but i am

Because I use gentoo linux unironically.

It's so goddamn fast holy shit.
The compile times take forever but it's worth it because I learned quite a bit. And it gives me a cozy feeling literally everything including the kernel is completely built from source.

Cinnamon Desktop was a bitch to set up though but again, I learned quite a bit.

Also, you know how computer viruses are a thing? Well cancer is too. Systemd is quite literally a computer cancer.

Attached: gentoo-horizontal.png (1066x400, 60K)

GNU/Linux*

I don't use gnu utils ;3

you will never pass

Its not even that bloated, and how are you locked into anything? You can just use apt-get to install whatever you want.

this. stable as fuck
once you get the big packages out of the way everything else compiles pretty quickly. cinnamon depends on webkit so that's why it takes so long. seriously webkit is arguably the worst package to compile

nice buzzwords

Mad archfags
Yes and no. Suckless IS shit and it's users are cunts, but st is super light and visually capable, dwm has better workflow than i3, and dmenu is the only flawless thing.
The other good non-systemd distro.
Compile times for me are short -- but then again, I have dwm instead of cinnamon and icecat as a precompiled binary, and a good processor.

memes aside, i fell for the arch meme around 2 years ago and am now a fulltime linux user. The Linux experience is pretty nice, i might aswell give LFS a try sometime

I like gentoo more, had some bad experiences with arch in the past.

I've been thinking about going LFS for some time, too.

too stupid to use gentoo

I've used Gentoo before. Void is objectively better.

Give me one good reason to switch from Ubuntu.

>outdated packages
>incompetent devs
sure thing buddy

>my hardware doesn’t change
>but my software must change every second of the day
Rolling release is retarded unless you deal with newly released hardware all the time

Any reason that isn't GNOME.

cant

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-28_23-17-55.jpg (5520x1200, 1004K)

>Gentoo

I've got a qt gf with big tits. She let's me cum in her mouth btw.

Attached: 1557786358066.jpg (1023x1464, 156K)

>1557786358066.jpg
Nice filename.
You save all your private photos using Jow Forums's image numbering system?

>gf
>wedding ring

gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8

Why are you telling me this? I also have a gf and we have sex too. However her boobs aren't big (which is fine, they are fun size). Using gentoo != being a virgin.

Does she use Arch?

I can't.

Switching to Arch Linux has been one of the best desitions in my life and one that has made me learn so much.

Attached: 2019-05-28-153556_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 219K)

I've used Antergos for years but now it's being abandoned. What's the next easiest way to install arch? Anarchy? Arcolinux? I don't care about The Arch Way™ autism, I just want a bleeding edge distro

I use Ubuntu and your gf lets me cum in her ass all the time lol
archniggers confirmed for giga cυcks kek

Attached: puds.jpg (3493x2245, 1.77M)

If you just want a bleeding edge distro, go with Debian Unstable.

Arch is a fucking meme compared to Gentoo.
>no stable packages
lel.

I can't
That's why I am using it

cant, I will be using Arch in every year
this, based bspwm user

Attached: 2019-05-28-231929_3000x2000_scrot.png (3000x2000, 512K)

Did you use bash-it? I can't make it work on my comp

SystemDicks

Nah m8, I've never heard of bash-it before.

my negro.

Does using Manjaro count?

I don't do anything that requires that level of autismal piecemeal configuration and neither do you. You're not special or smart for having done it. Congratulations, you can follow directions from a guide and you wasted a shit ton of time you could have spent being productive.

Gentoo and Arch are terrible on VMs

I got banned from the Ubuntu torrent tracker for seeding too many distros...

Yeah. It's okay.

Attached: fuck da police.png (1759x843, 969K)

arch master race

Attached: 1558973756109.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

You did all this through bashrc ? You did a good job it's quite beautiful to see

I'm just talking about the command line scheme btw

he's just larping trying to justify his wasted time. don't bother, even ubuntu has its shit better than arch

If you're talking about the command line prompt, I just copied it from dotshare.it

Here's many others:
dotshare.it/category/shells/bash/sort/likes/

kek, archtard seething

cringe and ponytard larper
actually based

I have a job which requires Windows software that runs like shit in Wine. I don't have a need for a computer outside my job. That's why I don't run a Linux OS.

>I don't have a need for a computer outside my job.
what the hell

Attached: 1558290199447.jpg (606x540, 36K)

Just bought a new laptop and can use my old one for distrohopping now. Was going to try Arch but isn't it kinda pointless? I could pick up Fedora because at least being comfortable with Red Hat might be useful in the future.

I'll probably still do it when I'm drunk sometime though.

try out something obscure and that you never used

Arch is fine if you just want a comfy shitposting machine. It's ok for some simple kinds of work such as writing or researching. It's very minimal, so you can make yourself as comfy as you need and it's up to date so you can have fun with that too. It won't be as minimal as Gentoo, but if you just want something you can setup quickly and still have something comfy fit to your style of work, Arch is your distro.
However, if you're interested in linux as a skill for future jobs, most servers out there will be red hat- or debian- based. So CentOS, Fedora, Debian, or Ubuntu will be useful there.

It's funny you should say this. I am currently carrying out my first ever Gentoo install, dual booting with a Windows laptop.

I've had Ubuntu, Mint, Knoppix and even Elementary installed at one point or another through the years, so I have some experience with Linux, but the reason I chose Gentoo was to get out of my comfort zone and actively get to know Linux inside out.

In past, with the previous distros babying me so much, I've found that I never tried to do anything new other than dabbling with i3 a bit or simple command lines because it was so easy to just ignore the console. So I wanted to challenge myself.

So far the Gentoo install is going great.
Are you saying I'm gonna hate myself eventually or could I pull it off?

because I can't connect to the internet and I'm stuck on the installation

I am a brainlet, so I use Manjaro. So I am kinda using Arch.

No MSI afterburner.

um... i use gentoo

using void on my laptop, it's unironically faster. When I get my desktop set up I'm going to use gentoo.

fuck systemd.

because I use Manjaro KDE (aka ManDE )

It's always one of two things with Gentoo.
You'll either find it's not worth the hassle and go to something like Arch or Debian, or you'll find that the result is a system you're comfortable with, which is the most important thing.
No matter what anyone here in Jow Forums says, the most important thing is that the OS you're running feels comfortable to work in.

Non-free packages. Use Parabola or Hyperbola instead.

FreeBSD

>bash

I mean not like you'll use for much more than screenferch scrot but still

Attached: NOT_THE_RATIONS_GILLY.png (584x434, 390K)