Are you going to switch from the Linux kernel to the Zircon kernel (of Google Fuchsia) when it comes out?

Are you going to switch from the Linux kernel to the Zircon kernel (of Google Fuchsia) when it comes out?

Attached: fuchsia[1].jpg (820x460, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuchsia.googlesource.com/zircon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give me one advantage.

I will put all my time into making the perfect GNU/Zircon system a reality.

>Jewgle
No thanks

>advertiser botnet integrated into the kernel

Attached: 1556493181954.jpg (400x386, 37K)

fuck no.

But it's open source!
fuchsia.googlesource.com/zircon

It won't have as massive support so no.

>can't even look at the source without login in into the botnet.

>no replies

Does it come with System D? I only use System D / Linux these days because I need a 1.5 million lines of code init system. Plus, System D already automatically contacts Google when I boot up my computer, will Fuchsia have this feature available? If not I don't want it, I don't feel comfortable knowing that Google doesn't have my most current IP address and system state.

>a new open source
A new open source what?

The only thing I'd leave Linux for is OpenBSD, which I'm currently considering (for my laptop, at least).

Based
I also like DragonflyBSD

>permissive licensed OS
If I wanted to do that I'd use a *BSD and be cuck'd by Sonys big swinging dick.

You should do it and enjoy the glorious slow wi-fi, the file system that takes 20 minutes to clean on unexpected reboots, the lower battery life, etc.

But at least it has no systemd, their init system based on a 80-line shell script is so much superior!

When it comes out? Not a chance in hell. There's way too much software that needs to be ported first. For starters I'd need ZFS and a decent hypervisor w/ PCIe passthrough at a bare minimum. That being said I am thinking of switching to a BSD since Greg Kroah-Hartman has made it clear that Linux [kernel developers] "do not care at all about external modules." The most important thing to me is my data: if the Linux kernel developers aren't interested in having the only rational choice in filesystems on their platform, then I really don't give a shit about their platform anymore. It boggles my mind that GPLtards would rather fight a licensing war (over an imagined incompatibility) w/ a company that died 10 years ago, as opposed to getting a modern, robust, battle-hardened filesystem in-tree.

Use a normal filesystem, autist.

I prefer huaweii os to this shit

No because it's written by fags and all the parts of it are literally named after Steven Universe characters.

Chromium is also open source, but has google web service dependency. Just because it's open source doesn't mean it's not a botnet

>ZFS
Placebo.

If ext4 is good enough for fucking Google and Amazon, it's good enough for your anime pics.

>If Windows XP is good enough for the fucking US government, it's good enough for you.

But it isn't. XP has been abandoned for everything except old machines with custom software that can't be ported.

Meanwhile the biggest companies in the world with the biggest storage needs use ext4 with no problems at all. FB uses both ext4 and btrfs so there's that.

Attached: 1557514195713.jpg (378x830, 73K)

>fuchsia
how do you pronounce it? fucks ya?

Fuck see ya?

>give it back, Fuchsia

Hopefully it will be better than chrome os.

>Zion kernel
No thanks

Linux has a LTS version now which pretty much eliminates the one real world advantage of Zircon.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-29 zircon - Git at Google.png (980x250, 14K)

Advertisements are rendered in the kernel so 80% of the web is much faster

XP is used, for example, by our machines that test soil contamination. They're $450,000 units each and we have 8 of them. Each has a dedicated XP machine not connected to the internet.
The rest of the machines are linux & windows10

Probably not, as it'll most likely be a shit-tier platform with garbage development tools and no software, aside from maybe Android apps through a compatibility layer. Fuck that.

It's a microkernel. This means the system is extremely modular. Even if a core piece of the kernel crashes it won't bring down the whole system. There's room for redundancy too, making the system self-healing. It could also update the kernel and drivers without ever shutting down by stopping one module, replacing it, then starting a new one. There are security benefits like isolating untrusted driver modules from critical kernel space stuff. Some of these features are already available in systems like QNX.

Attached: nigggggers.png (500x500, 328K)

>zircon
>not even a real diamond
no thanks.

Attached: 1521228434085_0.jpg (432x435, 50K)

>another OS written in an unsafe language
Hard pass

>There are security benefits like isolating untrusted driver modules from critical kernel space stuff.

It will be diamonds if there is a module to isolate all ads to some equivalent of /dev/null