Actual laptop innovation on the new Asus ZenBook Pro Duo

Actual laptop innovation on the new Asus ZenBook Pro Duo.

Dual 4K display
Primary 4K OLED
Secondary LED to prevent glare

Coming Q3 2019

inb4 burn-in
inb4shill
Actually might get this desu

Attached: zenbook-pro-duo.jpg (800x500, 280K)

explain why anyone would want this and not just a 2nd monitor connected with hdmi

>ultrabook
A thread died for this.

Just because something is different doesn't mean it's actual innovation. It looks painful to use.

Artists would probably be fine with the second screen if it can be used with a stylus or whatever. really cuts costs on graphic tablets and shit

>numpad
yes
>numpad isn't even chicklet but that shitty whatever you call it that's not even a real keyboard key and misses keystrokes
nope

Who cares about the screen. That keyboard is a fucking show stopper. Who thought something like that would be a good idea?

Meming? Because this is the laptop form factor I would imagine you get in Hell.

second screen aside, pic related addresses the main complaint i have with trying to get actual work done on laptops in general, in that they're just really fucking unergonomic because you're hunched over the thing

Attached: vpavic_190516_3439_0031.jpg (920x613, 68K)

Woah
Looks like they listened to people after the laptop with two screens was revealed

I still wouldn't get it because:
>OLED panel will die in ~6 years
>4K on a laptop is unnecessary, just a power waster with no visible difference than 1080p at normal viewing distance
>chiclet keyboard, inferior for touch typing
>possibly little to no cheap replaceable parts
>battery life and linux compatibility concerns
>cost

Well, trackpad on the right hand side is a pro. If you've ever tried it, it almost feels like using a real mouse, and it makes using a trackpad not annoying. Although I still prefer the trackpoint.

What the fuck are they supposed to do with such a small screen in such an awkward position? Any shitty 2in1 would be more useful.

>4K on a laptop is unnecessary, just a power waster with no visible difference than 1080p at normal viewing distance
Kek.

I can't just pull out a portable monitor to do my 500k a year design job on the train

great idea, let's put a numpad on a laptop so the user is always off-center

>500k a year
>takes the train
I call bullshit

>that wasnt even my final form

this design from intel actually makes sense because of the increased height making it more ergonomic. the Asus design is just a pimp my ride tier design for retards to buy

Depends where you live. I live near a train station (5 min bike ride), and my office is close to the train station as well, so going by train is actually faster than driving due to traffic (about 35 mins vs 55).

do not buy a zenbook, asus has gone retarded mode a couple of years back and these laptops now are literal piles of junk if you intend to use it as such. you have been warned.

I have UX-305C and love it. Any Zenbook upgrades similar in light?

Attached: NoStepOnSnek.png (1600x1109, 1.62M)

Really? complaining about actual technology on Jow Forums?
let me show you some examples of actual threads you could be posting that in.
>AYYMD vs INCEL wars
>gaming threads
>toothbrushes are technology, discuss
>5 stupid bait level news articles threads up at all times

Ultrabooks are not technology.

>Tiny shit chiclet
Why Do Lenovo keep making keyboards smaller?

Looks interesting, but keyboard placement is horrible.
They’re trying to be touchbar on steroids, but it’ll get virtually no 3rd party support., since just one laptop will benefit from it. Whereas the touch bar is practically baked into the platform.

Nice opinion you have there

Attached: 242E8D94-4923-4268-B22D-15D4C621D8BD.jpg (400x460, 36K)

the ipad killed laptops. they're all shit now

It should have killed you

>actual innovation
>here's your palm rests br-

>but it’ll get virtually no 3rd party support
it doesn't need that bro, it's literally a second display, Windows (and any other OS) will work as if it were a second external display.

that's the trackpad, dumbass. It doubles as a numpad, if you want it to.

>innovation

Attached: BN-JI695_jninte_M_20150712213236.jpg (1280x853, 117K)

This design disgusts me, rolling around looking like some fucking retard with this.

Artist here
I'd prefer for it to have a huge touchpad that doubles as a drawing pad, just integrate some huion or wacom shit in.
I highly doubt the price difference between this and a laptop with similar specs but without the second screen will be cheaper than even high end display tablets as well.

>Shit gpu and cpu

All that innovation, wasted.

Attached: [DYING INSIDE INTENSIFIES].gif (478x360, 1.36M)

cool af, I just wish they removed that huge chin with the Asus logo.

I like this idea but I don't think it should be marketed for gayman they way it currently is. The RoG tablet is better for them. This is better for being a mobile workstation.

thank god the 300k starting job i got with my math degree only requires me to use a calculator when i'm on the train

all i want is a laptop with 144hz, high quality keyboard, and discrete gpu.
why is that so fucking hard to find?

>here's your 144Hz 1366x768 laptop bro

Attached: uploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F331217%2F2fcc0121-0522-41d0-882e-7a5a82cd8c6c.jpg%2F950x534__filters%3Aqual (950x534, 69K)

yeah i wish

>t. retard

Can't do anything my x61 can't do as far as shitpositing and lolis are concerned.

Hope there's an AMD variant.

>literally just another MacBook clone but with awkward keyboard placement, retarded numpad/touchpad hybrid and a hideously massive sextuple-wide emojibar
>all wrapped up in dogshit cheap looking snsv People's Democratic Republic of Epic Gamers(TM) branding
see you'd shit all over this fucking abortion if it didn't have a non-Apple logo on it lmao, fuck off shill

Attached: 1448337714166.png (519x903, 407K)

Then just get a second, external display. Is the shitty keyboard placement worth the trade off for a half-sized display at a weird viewing angle? This is at best a desktop replacement machine, especially when you add that wrist rest piece which makes it less mobile, and the touchpad is in the wrong place for lefties.

If you see someone in class pull this out, point at them and laugh.

i don't get it

What possible purpose does the second screen serve? The form factor looks pretty small so it doesn't look like you're getting much extra screen estate. I don't really see what you could do with it

that looks like a retarded desktop
not a laptop

Trains are actually good in a lot of places outside the U.S., the more questionable thing is a dude earning 500k shitposting on Jow Forums

Watcht he linus tech tip video on it.
He makes a compelling case for it.
Very good for multitasking instead of needing multiple monitors.

Of course a Jow Forums neet wont have use for it though

>I can't just pull out a portable monitor to do my 500k a year design job on the train

Attached: counting-money.jpg (640x427, 34K)

>here's your palm rests br-

Attached: dims.jfif.jpg (1600x1067, 239K)

>If you see someone in class pull this out
>still in class
>2019

Attached: DZTXhmC.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

The screenspace at 4k makes a massive difference and extremely visibly different lol

>laptop with dual screen
Where have I seen this before?

Attached: 1435842952643.jpg (1600x1380, 334K)

Too many potential fault points in the chassis.

Thats not even a touch screen, doesnt compare

Is the numpad also the trackpad?

>4k
>on a fucking laptop
Are you fucking stupid? Seriously, are you fucking stupid? 4k on a small screen makes zero fucking sense. Stop with this goddamn 4k meme and use your goddamn brains.

t. poorfag

Good morning grandpa, It's 2019. You forgot to take your dementia pills last night! You always say silly things when your off your meds like "720p is all we need" haha gramps you're so cute!

>poorfag
Enjoy your eye strain trying to read microscopic fucking things on your tiny 4k screen, you "rich" idiot. Oh wait, actual rich people don't buy superfluous bullshit, that's why they are rich. You're just an idiot with mommy's credit card.
>BUT SCALING
You might as well just fix your fucking resolution to some sane setting then, dumbshit.
>ITS NOT THE SAME
Yes it is, for all practical purposes. Stop making dumb excuses for being an idiot buying into viral marketing bullshit from richfuck companies trying to make money off of dumbfucks.

Are you pretending to be dumb or do you really not know that you can change screen resolutions to something lesser, or even just zoom in the screen very simply?

You're not ACTUALLY retarded are you?

4k is fine if you have a fuckhuge screen, where, you know, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE SHIT WITHOUT USING THE BULLSHIT SCALING GARBAGE THAT YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST FIX YOUR FUCKING RESOLUTION. Laptop screens? HAHAHA, don't be a fucking idiot..
This is why I call you all the Dumbest Generation.

Technology should always move forward, not stagnate or move backwards.

If every manufacturer only provides 4k screens, they will be cheap eventually and you have the choice to lower the resolution.

Quit holding us back.

what is a productive use case for these things anyway

i dont know if the bigger crime is those hideous palmrests or using those shit ass microsoft apps

Full TOP Screen: Drawing pad
Bottom screen: paint box tools, color picker

Jow Forums the technology board frozen in 2005. Anything made after it sucks.

This is probably the first laptop in a long time I've seen that's actually innovative. Looks almost exactly like the Intel concept as well.

The fuck is the point of this stupid shit? We have clearly passed the point of diminishing returns all the way into negative returns.

For what purpose.

TOP: work space
BOTTOM: split. Golden Girls reruns and chat box

Serious comment: Media timeline was the first thought I had for the bottom screen. But thinking about it, it's a horrible spot for that. It's where you really do much of your work, and it's at a bag angle for working with.

Intel's reference design is much better as it brings that lower screen to a viewable angle, plus raises the main screen to eye level.

Attached: ZenBook-Pro-Duo_UX581_Video-Editing.jpg (696x464, 104K)

For the same reason you may want to have 2 screens. Really prefer thier "mousepad is a screen" thing tho, makes the bottom feel less cluttered

The absolute state of Jow Forums