ITT Software you wish ran natively on Linux

ITT Software you wish ran natively on Linux...

Attached: ImgBurn_logo.png (256x256, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=1hnI6KGTfjI
gentoo.org/downloads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MSOffice

This

Attached: Untitled.png (607x351, 135K)

Attached: OneNote_logo.png (413x413, 6K)

Adobe Creative Suite, If it did i would have no reason to touch Win/OSX ever again

>MSOffice
libreoffice, LaTeX, markdown
>Vegas Pro
kdenlive, cinelerra, openshot
zim, cherrytree
inkscape, gimp, krita, imagemagick, opentoonz, digikam, darktable, shotwell, audacity, kdenlive, cinelerra, scribus, blender, pdftk, brackets, ...

Please, fuck that piece of shit. It's installer alone is filled with absolute cancer. Neck yourself grand autismo.

Audirvana

All inferior, buggy software.

WPS

>LaTeX
>inferior, buggy software
are you retarded? wordcucks btfo

I don't really see why you'd need Imgburn. Even if you like GUI (yea, you can trivially burn most ISO and so on from the CLI), k3b and other software exists.

pic related, nothing else is quite as good

Attached: sharex.png (1280x720, 35K)

LaTeX is not an alternative to ms word.

You're looking for alternatives? ok i'll try to help.
>ImgBurn
Back in the day i sed k3b and never failed me, but to be fair i don't use that kind of media anymore except on very specific situations.
>MSOffice
Right now i use Libreoffice for anything that is not collaborative + google docs for anything that needs to be shared 90% of the time. MSO works on wine, i think crossover support recent versions, the only thing i use is an installation of MSO2007 just in case someones throws me a docx document because is the last version that only needs a serial. Also remember there's a web version of MSO.
>Vegas Pro
Da vinci resolve and lightworks, if you need something simpler but cost-free there's kdenlive which is what i use most of the time. Some people says you can use blender to edit video but i've never tried.
>One Note
There's a web version of that, i've used it in the past and i didn't found any problem.
>Adobe Creative Suite
Probably the hardest one. You can run older version of photoshop for example but in general there's a fair number of programs that can do the work, the problem is if you have a very strict workflow with adobe already you may not be able to sustitute those programs. Krita, gimp, inkscape and others has worked fine for me, but i don't know what you do with those programs.

Muh video gaymes!

Attached: 1540952195522.jpg (955x811, 171K)

Any decent, modern game.

>inb4 basedboomers telling me all modern games suck
Go take your pills, grandpa.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1495440761788.jpg (712x562, 36K)

Yea, it's pretty damn terrible.

MS Office can't even really format documents well in the ~most used component, its text editor Even with completely Windows/OSX dependent staff, just about no professional publications were using it across all the many print media that used to exist. Absolutely insane.

Don't have time to complain about every piece of proprietary crap, but it's really sad how bad most of it is.

> Don't have time to complain about every piece of proprietary crap, but it's really sad how bad most of it is.
Seems like you're just cherry picking things you don't like

This, but unironically
LibreOffice is still trash. They broke scrolling for KDE in update, I can't trust them now.

Also, AutoCAD and SolidWorks. I would fucking pay for that shit.

WiiStrobe

>All inferior, buggy software.
Well, there no worse blind person than one who doesn't want to see, there's a lot of great software out there but i guess you'll never have the willingness to check properly.

The video drivers for my videocard.
Sadly it is too old for the whole "valve efforts to get linux 3D performance on par with windows" that happened, and i lose half of the performance.
But someday i'm probably getting a better computer, and if i have to choose between linux and win10, linux is my dog.

Attached: welcome to 2009.jpg (674x532, 74K)

Most of this stuff can be done natively with Linux tools.
dd if=image.iso of=/dev/sr0
cat > document.rtf
ffmpeg
emacs

Anything problematic with Flameshot or Ksnapshot?

Attached: animatedUsage.gif (872x426, 324K)

What is Steam, Wine, and Lutris?
They often achieve good results for modern games and don't require that much of a headache since most can just be graphically installed.
Of course, you can't play anything exclusive to not Steam but to say any is kind of delusional.

Monkey Island.

Attached: 32-588-520-05.jpg (640x480, 18K)

gay

>natively

do they have a magnifier? that's what does it for me, I suppose
if it does I'll definitely install when back on linux

Check steam + proton + lutris, you can find videos on youtube about this. i don't think you can't say games like sekiro and TW3 are not modern/decent. The big problem right now is anti-cheat middleware and some microsoft's APIs like MFPlat, the later is being worked on but the anti-cheat will be a bitch because devs can simply ban wine users.

What program is this?

better than being vague as hell as this guy

Here's a link
protondb.com/
Definitely small compared to Windows but it's a thing I guess.

Attached: 61508502_10161636888745104_1405491510329212928_n.jpg (540x960, 31K)

Flameshot.

Attached: Spectacledefaultscreen.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

>Ksnapshot
It's called spectacle now and is very good, but yeah, flameshot is a much better option if you make heavy use of screenshots.

Thanks.

>do they have a magnifier?
Spectacle does, I believe flameshot doesn't (I actually don't have the QT GUI for it right now to check).

> It's called spectacle now
Yep, my fault. I realized the outdated naming only a bit later.

> flameshot is a much better option if you make heavy use of screenshots
Maybe you can check for user if I remembered correctly that It doesn't have a built-in magnifier

Path of exile doesn't work on Linux well
I got it working with extreme lags, missing textures and eventually crashes
Yes, I tried lutris, playonlinux, proton (game is standalone and has steam version), regular wine, some guides
It just can't work properly
This is literally one game I play
Maybe I'll buy PlayStation and learn to play with joypad

Attached: 1539893738120.jpg (1024x681, 130K)

The code executed with wine is still code for x86, wine is a reimplementation of the windows API but doesn't emulate, the code runs natively. Theoretically programs shouldn't be slower than on windows. The problem is the translation of directx because it needs support on the side of the driver, for games that already use opengl or vulkan the performance seems to be the same in my experience. Gallium nine is another proof of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=1hnI6KGTfjI

installers from majorgeeks and softpedia are clean my dude

thats weird, when I was using a 9800gt back when 9800gt wasnt nigger tier it worked pretty good in linux.

windows

If that's literally the only game you play you're out of luck and you're locked to windows. There's a huge effort to make everything compatible but consider that it must be reverse engineered because microsoft's code has copyright. If fact if you at some moment worked for microsoft you cannot contribute to wine because of legal risks, so the task those guys are doing is huge.

It's sad that the industry put all their eggs on a single basket when we talk about PC, maybe stadia could help because they recommended to target ubuntu if you want to target stadia but this dosen't guarantee linux releases if the marketshare is not much bigger, the good ol' catch-22.

Well, it runs well for regular stuff, but it's sadly not fast enough to deal with 3D godot stuff, and some gaymes get unplayably slow as well, and can't just use DXVK for obvious reasons.

>>MSOffice
>libreoffice, LaTeX, markdown
topkek

gentoo.org/downloads/

This desu. We can't let Microsoft get away with integrating Linux kernel support into NT. We need to add a captive NT kernel to Linux. This could lead to better compatibility than Wine can deliver.

Who the hell is using optical media in 2019?
Anyway, you just need to make your iso with mkisofs and then burn that shit with dd.

> It's sad that the industry put all their eggs on a single basket when we talk about PC
Essentially over now.

Ultimately AMD (and Intel) have good open sauce drivers for hardware that can play games and the amount of commercial games for Linux surpasses pretty much any console lineup (only surpassed by amount of games available on Windows).

Literally fucking why? Use k3b for christ's sake

rufus. pretty much the only thing i can't find a great replacement for

deepin screenshot does

Acid (music program)
Fallout 3
Morrowind
Dungeon Seige Legends Of Arana

Fallout and Morrowind works
Not sure about other two

Use etch retard it's even better

>What is Steam, Wine, and Lutris?
They are Linux copes which are nowhere near as good as running games on Windows. Look, I prefer Linux as an operating system. I'm used to the command line and UNIX programs. I love its customization and I really like open source software, for both pragmatic and ideological reasons. But the fact is that Linux, despite being miles better than it was 10 years ago, still is pretty shit when it comes to games. Every time I install Linux I always end up reinstalling Windows eventually because there's some fucking game I wanna play that either runs like shit in Linux or just doesn't work at all.

Apophysis

What is windows vm and looking glass trebec

ZBrush, 3DS Max, Solidworks, Autodesk Netfabb

>inkscape, gimp, krita, imagemagick, opentoonz, digikam, darktable, shotwell, audacity, kdenlive, cinelerra, scribus, blender, pdftk, brackets, ..
Ahahaha
I love this, Jow Forums always complains about "buggy, bloated software" despite never using any of it for anything beyond the most surface level tasks.
Spergs, completely incapable of contemplating a use-case besides their own can't possibly understand why people use the software and assume they're retarded.
Just like people that hate Mac or wants everyone to use Tiling Meme Managers. Bugmen.

Attached: _shinjou_akane_and_takarada_rikka_ssss_gridman_drawn_by_mushiro_nijie728995_e52c9118a3e6339c0b9eee76 (720x720, 2.11M)

mmm that's some good pasta

i mean libreoffice is okay-ish. but saying that you wouldnt trust again from free software shit sounds so gay. i could take it from propietary crap but from free software ?? like dude you're getting software for free im not saying you cant complain but "stop using" it its a little exaggerated

You're still burning discs? We had a general for that, but it died. Do you want it resurrected?

ummm sorry honey but GOOGLE DOCS its botnet ;)

I get you with when people unironically shit on others for their choices. Then the next second they are begging for recommendations for what distros/de/buttplugs to use. Like for fucks sake its linux just fucking try it and see if it works for you.

onenote online requires, you know... internet connection.

>lutris
pls no
that is like getting all your installed programs as appimages or docker containers or something
completely pants on head retarded, just install wine
proton is legitimate though as it has stuff wine does not

i mean, libreoffice is good. but it will never replace or being a competitor to the greatest office, sorry Jow Forums but calling botnet and spyware to office will never help

wps its good, but some people here may say that is "chink botnet".

Attached: truth.png (810x411, 143K)

>libreoffice
Terrible quality. Have to use openoffice now because Calc and Writer have this ramdom crashes when I'm typing faster than 50 wps.

Adobe Acrobat, MS Word (50+ pages), my fucking printer, Rainbow Six Siege

DX

foobar2000
steam games
sumatra pdf
adobe things

Only Paint.Net

Gimp and pinta aren't even close to this one.

Attached: paint-net-736-5.jpg (1006x767, 125K)