You need the power of at least four NASA spacecrafts to visit the website of your local newspaper

>you need the power of at least four NASA spacecrafts to visit the website of your local newspaper

Modern technology is disgusting.

geek.com/science/nasas-orion-spacecraft-runs-on-a-12-year-old-single-core-processor-from-the-ibook-g3-1611132/

Attached: screenshot.png (585x578, 434K)

Other urls found in this thread:

x-asmr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based NASA

And the $60k javelin missile runs on texas instruments SoC so fucking what? There is barely any realtime computation involved with these devices.

Are you seriously comparing the computation needed by a spacecraft with a fucking missile?

Those SoC were designed for that purpose in mind, the programs have been optimized as much as possible.
You can't compare that to what your typical code monkey outputs.

Attached: ...png (680x528, 117K)

>a fucking missile
Spacecraft *are* >a fucking missile just on a larger scale. Directly comparable to cruise missiles and the javelin.

what are you whining? javascript is great for making page layouts and loading page contents.

Attached: 21495753258_193041f3d3_k.jpg (2048x2048, 2.34M)

>There is barely any realtime computation involved with these devices
With missile? Avoid Jow Forums.

lol the javelin cost $60k.... 10 years ago. now its $180k

>javascript is great for making page layouts and loading page contents
That's what HTML and CSS are for

I do and I will. I fucking *program* such for a living.

Javelin runs on shitty 80ies era calculator CPU, and cost 180k , talk about Rip-Off.

My mobile phone is more powerful than that.

I blame designated shitting scripts written by the poo-smeared hands of brown subhumans, all at the service of the molochian adtech-industrial complex.
JS should be banned by treaty desu.

are you fucking retarded?

html and css are retarded and outdated. javascript is today and future.

There's barely any blame to put on javascript. CSS is the culprit. Try disabling JS. Then disable CSS instead. Then both. See what runs faster, protip - no CSS.

> PowerPC chips haven’t been of any importance in consumer applications since Apple moved to the x86 architecture starting in 2005
iTODDLERS truly are the master race of fucking morons.

>Are you seriously comparing the computation needed by a spacecraft with a fucking missile?
Maybe there is a reason they tend to blow up. Who ever thought strapping yourself to a missile was a good idea?
I bet the aliens are laughing at us.

> html 5
> css
> outdated
if you need to use javascript to do things that can easily be done in css or html5, then you need to fucking die.

you dont really need much processing power on a spacecraft. i work with LEO\GEO satellites and their processors are probably weaker then shit we had 20 years ago but they're built mostly to incorporate a lot of radiation shielding and error correction on all their registers and memory in general. there's checksums on everything and they're being checked constantly for flipped bits.
this one time on a lunar mission our computer kept restarting (probably due to flipped bits) every time we went over south america (where some of the earth's radiation belts are closest to the surface)

>barely any blame to put on javascript
Try opening this site
x-asmr.com/

It's like they try to make seem like a problem
>WTF!! Spacecraft doesn't have a retina display?!

are you retarded?

Couldn't NASA afford some NOS processor?

It's literally just a blank screen.

They can't use just any CPU, they need special radiation hardening, which this $200k (as of 2002) variant of the G3 has.

I don't know anything about spacecrafts etc but this title seems like one of those click bait titles ready to be reposted on the facebook page of reddit.
so you're telling me the whole code used for a fucking spacecraft is so optimized it only needs a single core processor? Or that the whole thing has only one processor? Or that there is barely any code involved in a fucking spaceship or what

>IBM Power
>PS3
>X360
>Wii
>Wii U

exactly right. the person that wrote that story is 100% retarded and needs to be gassed.

Not to mention RAID cards, external HDDs, etc.

Well for real tasks simplicity is more reliable. Also nobody needs to advertise to the missile for click revenue.

I mean it is all absed off of Nazi missile tech

Don't the Mars rovers run on radiation-hardened POWER chips or 68ks or something?

Yep, the RAD750

That's because you've disabled CSS and JS.
BTW, the site can't run on C2D.

>gaming systems
>important

Dude....

Attached: shiiiiet.jpg (1242x1275, 250K)

>There is barely any realtime computation involved with these devices.
Look at this nigger and laugh

Attached: urielwasright.png (820x1172, 26K)

Ah yes there's a miner.

You actually don't need a computer to lans on the moon, there's pen and paper methods and simple tools to enable you to quickly calculate trajectories and burn times. The Apollo computer was just an unneeded luxury, they were trained to do it all by hand if needed.

>supercomputers
>not important

Attached: Playstations-in-Racks.jpg (1800x1200, 1.67M)

>>you need the power of at least four NASA spacecrafts to visit the website of your local newspaper
Uh, you do realize the thrust doesn't come from the processors, right

They actually carried HP calculators that could take care of everything in case the other systems failed

Attached: file.png (1600x1519, 2.14M)

Name one good thing super computers are used for and if you don't say "grant chasing" then you are a retard.

National defense

>for making page layouts
No, that's HTML and CSS
>and loading page contents.
No, that's HTTP.

They heat water

cracking your shitty encryption

>Directly comparable to cruise missiles and the javelin.
More like "comparable to ballistic missiles"

>geek.com
>Uses picture of ULA Delta IV Heavy
>ORION USES OLD PROCESSOR

Outside of bad sources and poor journalism, they started using the PowerPC because it was certified to go in space.
They are building new modules with Pentiums.
I've been on the research floor.

Attached: Orion.jpg (3036x4048, 3.2M)

Weather forecast.

>you do realize the thrust doesn't come from the processors, right
Yes it does. The modern javashit web makes a processor like this shit itself.

please stop using logic and facts. it will trigger the NPC's in this thread.

more clickbait title faggots.
that cpu has nothing to do with the powerbook or apple.
it's just made by IBM, like every other NASA CPUs.

N-body simulations

National defense computers still use punch cards.

Shit, you got me there.

>encryption
I think you are confusing quantum encryption breaking with "agent, open the backdoor to this drive's encryption," type deal.

It has been raining all day today. Yet, the weather sites and forecast call for clear skies and state there's currently clear skies. Weather forecasting is no more a success than casting bones to read your future.

Congrats, you use different terminology to say, "grant chasing" so perhaps you are not retarded after all!

If you think all number crunching done by supercomputers amounts to begging for money, then you don't belong on a technology board.

It is. Once you realize that it'll be an eye opener.

Attached: 1505325182133.jpg (1600x1200, 665K)

protein folding prediction