Whats their obsession with updates

Can someone send M$ a fax that Mormons and Normans who got scammed into W10 dont enjoy a few GB's every few days of updates

Attached: imhgfhfgages.png (200x200, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_user_interface
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_personal/how-to-disable-display-scaling-on-high-dpi-devices).
github.com/crazy-max/WindowsSpyBlocker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The updates are actually great and I'm happy they keep improving W10, which was shit at launch but has become a great OS now.

You literally are a toilet and you consume a stream of shit 24/7 and you should die right now you fucking subliterate animal.

Keep crying little bitch.

>baww this software doesn't work exactly how I want and I'm too retarded to use an alternative

t. satisfied wannacry customer

hahahahahah BTFO

On my $1200 gaming pc if i installed w10 i would get a handful less FPS on all games and slower loading times- this despite the terabytes of updates...I am speaking about gaming because it's one of the most demanding shit you could do with a pc

Wut? I wouldn't even use winshit 10 remotely from ten thousand miles away. You're a disgusting shit gargling spook.

microsoft windows is proof that some operating systems need to just let go of old software and old ideas and leave them in the past where they belong,

what i like about linux is you get a new release every 6 months to once a year,

with windows you have a 6 year old OS that keeps gettng patched, because windows is too big and bloated to make fresh a release version,

And yet you feel the need to complain on Jow Forums about it. Your life must be pretty empty, sack of shit.

its to give you 'new features'

and it doesn't get in the way
remember: microsoft is more important than you

they've lost control of it -- there is no coherence, no design. it is a deteriorated mess, why they can't upgrade anything - why there releases are falling over, instantly. it's crud. this stems from the fact that in taking the gui from xerox, as they did; they did not also take the underlying technology, that being oo (smalltalk). jobs and apple did (objective-c = an implementation of the xerox smalltalk). gates the BO ridden 'micro kid' decided to knock of an impression of the whole lot, in C. it took a long time. No concepts, nothing. Before he walked away from his steaming pile of shit (real programmers stick around), he stated (early 00s, in interview), that his 'biggest regret' was not enabling the implementation of WINFS, being some structure, some design, some conceptualisation, which the little prick wasn't capable of grasping at the very start. He got the IBM deal because his family knew people at IBM, nothing else. as with the standard drill bit, they got the monopoly, they got the patent. It has been hugely damaging. Look at infastructure now (apart from mobile) look at the crappy office systems. Look at their 90s software. The horrible little shit ran the lot into the ground for 25 years or so, ruthlessly. Anything innovative, crushed.

xerox had to invent smalltalk to invent the GUI.

No they fucking aren't, you literally can't trust it to update. It might delete all the data in your documents folder, or just turn a previously working system into one that bootloops.

It's so garbage that my company had to switch to macs to stop that shit from randomly taking systems offline for no apparent reason.

1. People tend to get stuck without updating the system if they don't see any -feature- upgrades. As in, if nothing changes past security/bugfixes, they usually turn those off. Which is kind of a problem, given the system is generally pretty vulnerable and receives attacks constantly (and there's some massive pile of spaghetti inside, so it's a pretty unstable experience as well)
2. They want to push the system as a service. Something you have to keep giving your stuff to (not necessarily money, but data which can be converted into money).
3. They keep hiring and firing pajeets to do random work, so they're never done.

MESA != smalltalk

i think you'll find that objective c, from the start, what was implemented by jobs/apple, to produce their bulletproof system, their coherent system (vs m$, as stated, who did not, being the source of all their current problems) - was implementation of smalltalk. jobs went to apple, he didn't particularly need anything then, but he was hugely impressed by the instant funcationality, he saw in smalltalk. They weren't going to show it to him. Lynne conway, it was, was anti showing him the technology. he gave them a large biscuit by informing them about the apple lisa, which should have been the pc. Xerox seemed to be (apart from the creative tech spinoff), a dinosaur, in moving, in marketing, they tried but failed to market a 'PC'. everyone who saw the xerox gui was blown away by it. It was a whole new world of programming technology, advancement, which microshit did not adopt. They made a pretendy cardboard impression of it. Apple is atomically, the smalltalk, is objective technology. It shows. all microsoft is, and it continues to this day, is a marketing/sales organisation. They have no products. Windows is not an OS.

why they've climbed onto linux
and are trying to embrace it.
to redefine it as a microshit product
fuck this
ppl who use github from the open source community, should be ashamed or themselves.

no idea what mesa is
have used an apple once, for 1/2 an hour
i saw that its solid i saw that its.
i know the apple software base is rock solid
i know their software is consistant -- I know their interface is consistant.
one of the things that people don't give jobs credit for (apart from multiple, ground breaking inventions), was creating an apps marketplace, software infastructure that works. he's like the apps amazon. (or was)

Just don't update. I've had updates turned off in win7 for years and have had no problems. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for win10.

system as a service

= metering $$s

was looking for the jobs quote

re: 'quality' .. he states about gates/microsoft "they never understood objects"
in the same paragraph/sentence, he says that they never got the quality.

ie. its atomic, its because their software is a cobbled together heap of nothing (no design, no conceptuality, no infastructure), they never understood - they never took the innovation that xerox had to invent, the step up, to the gui. (they knocked off an impression in C). apple did.

jobs/apple KNEW

"Look at the design of a lot of consumer products — they're really complicated surfaces. We tried to make something much more holistic and simple. When you first start off trying to solve a problem, the first solutions you come up with are very complex, and most people stop there. But if you keep going, and live with the problem and peel more layers of the onion off, you can often times arrive at some very elegant and simple solutions. Most people just don't put in the time or energy to get there. We believe that customers are smart, and want objects which are well thought through"

that last jobs quote (complicated surfaces) what is termed a "natural user interface"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_user_interface

jobs KNEW
all gates knew about was control/money

despising the customer, because to ship such shit

well he's an elite isn't he, his background. told from the start he's 'elite', and that people are beneath him. microshit customers are.
treated like dirt.

Literally install linux.

I switched 1 month ago, am using dual boot but I never boot into windows anymore since wine + proton + dvk works with 99% of my games. The only game I still boot into Windows for is apex legends (there is problems with anti-cheat, the game itself runs fine).

You literally get like 90-100% of the performance on Windows (in some cases more).

Free yourself from the microsoft devil, saying "No linux cos no games" is not a valid argument anymore.

my gf has a windows machine, was finishing up a very demanding essay right before the deadline when her machine decided to warn her she 10 minutes to finish or transfer whatever she's doing or go fuck herself. we had to frantically get her shit over to my desktop. at least she made the deadline but man, fuck winblows.

Does linux have drivers for my audigy 2 zs that let me use the hardware amp to adjust the bass?

Why don't you look for yourself

I'm assuming this is bait, if so 8/8. I'm going to bite anyway because I hate windows 10 that much. Yes, I am mad.

Windows 10 is SaaS, it's a perpetual beta test and it is more frequently and consistently broken than any other OS I've used. Even Vista. Bugs are literally fixed via a leddit style upvote system. Bugs are introduced faster than they are fixed.There is no QA.

Updates can uninstall software and delete user files. There is no way to differentiate between feature updates and security updates. Clicking "update now" opts you into alpha testing. Feature updates are forced beta tests on every branch except LTSB, which isn't even available to the public. They are rolled out in small batches to avoid universal public outcry when they inevitably destroy people's computers.

I've had more bsods in 2 years of using it than my entire previous history of using windows. windows 10 is literally the version of windows that drove me to linux and I've been using windows since 95. It's that bad.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who has used windows 10 extensively would feel anything other than disdain for it. I configured a win7 machine about eight years ago and it hasn't needed anything more than a virus scan and regular updates in that entire time. It still works like the day we bought it. Win10 needs to be fixed every 3 months (minimum) when a feature update rolls out and shits all over everything. Even my parents have asked to "go back to how it was before" because "everything keeps breaking" and they are tech illiterate.

I don't even update win10 anymore. I've become so adept at reformatting that I just reinstall windows completely at the end of every month. It's cleaner and often faster. And that's sad. Thank you for reading my blog.

Attached: this_is_still_happening_in_2019_my_dudes.png (353x765, 41K)

user is the tester
they ship unfinished products

>You literally are a toilet
hot

>some operating systems need to just let go of old software and old ideas
they tried this for like 5 years and failed. Basically no one is able to untangle the mess of spaghetti code in the NT kernel. So they just started selectively deleting stuff and added it back if it broke and that's how we got windows 8.

Windows 10 is just more bloat piled on top of that, with a shiny new UI (that ironically looks even worse since it was literally designed in powerpoint by business analysts), and more bloat still after each feature update.

Attached: pajeet-in-charge-of-menu-design.png (520x195, 58K)

Feel? Need? No. I fucking know that anyone pushing win10, anywhere for any reason, is a liar and a shill, and they need to be called out. Period. Now dbadiaf.

I never really understood the hate towards Microsoft updates. It's almost like a meme at this point.
Windows 10 never had updates while I was working, only when I turn the PC off. So about once a month my computer takes a minute longer to shut down. Never did it break anything.
Now XP, and Vista yeah they had shit updates. But I never had issues with 7-10.
I had tons of update problems with Ubuntu or arch though.
There are tons of reasons to shit on windows, but their updates is not one of them.
But maybe I just got really lucky.

I think OP is complaining about data usage not about update quality. If you have unlimited then your problems are small. Most dont know jack and updates take all of their limited data.

some ppl are on a metered connection - what a nightmare. there is also the fact that now, updates are peer to peer, your machine is used to update everyone elses machine (their way of throwing the expense of the humungous updates (shoring the shit up)), onto the user

>sets her PC to update at that specific time of the week
>let's her bf use it during that time

Oh wooooowwww

I don't get what's wrong with this. You can disable peered updating. You can set a metered limit. What's the problem?

Their updates are so great that they can cycle crash video drivers on laptops with integrated graphics due to occupying 4-5 gigs of ram with the update process alone, what the fuck it even needs them for.

1. The second you boot into the OS it starts using those features.

2. The second you boot into the OS it starts replacing your chosen drivers, even if you rolled them into the install image, with Microshit Windings Update ones.

3. The second you boot into the OS, unless you spent several hours modifying an install image, you have to spend at-least two hours mitigating the vast array of very serious privacy issues, removing countless shortcuts to shitty web apps, and locking down settings that - as many have noted - seem to revert to their defaults on the next major update. Or you can use one of many sketchy all-in-one mitigation programs, which feels like a more dangerous option.

4. The "professional" version doesn't even allow you to disable all the excessive data harvesting, and even with the LTSC/LTSB release, there's still some new and obscene data harvesting going on behind the scenes that just can't be disabled through the OS.

5. Microshaft actually broke scaling for so-called classic "apps", in Windows 10. And you have to disable the global policy of DPI scaling on a per-app basis to get 99% of these time tested programs to look normal again. If you use many of those programs, that's another hour or so of wasted time after an upgrade or new install. For SysAdmins who depend on a variety of tools to manage large networks, this is a huge pain in the ass, as many management tools and consoles, including the majority of administrative tools built-in to Windows, are affected by this horrendously broken new scaling implementation. Text is unreadable and the UI is clownishly enormous for these programs, making them unusable by default on a new install or after an upgrade.

There is no tool to change DPI scaling policies on a global basis, and the only two tools which make it easier, are closed source and sketchy (see: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_personal/how-to-disable-display-scaling-on-high-dpi-devices).

to clarify in regard to scaling, i am talking about using windows 10 on a hidpi display, where it is necessity to have a global scaling setting. on windows 7, 8, and 8.1, "classic programs" would still appear correctly with hidpi scaling on. on windows 10 they do not display proplerly at all because of the new implementation. this affects countless microsoft programs in the OS and countless third party programs, simply because they don't use the new metro UI (or whatever they're calling it now).

Yeah you are extreme minority so it doesnt matter much.

PROTIP: Stop updating.

yeah, thats smart.

Indeed it is. Bugs that directly affect you on a daily basis are the only reason to update. Vulnerability bug updates are not needed unless you are a fear monger or retard.

>I find it hard to believe that anyone who has used windows 10 extensively would feel anything other than disdain for it
I know you're going to find this hard to believe but I can't feel disdain for an OS that honestly has not given me problems
Every day I hear about all these issues people have with Windows 10 and every single fucking time I rack my brain trying to figure out why I don't have these same issue people complain about, maybe I;m just a good boy and don't fuck with my OS IDK
I swear it seems like others are running an entirely different OS, I have not once had my defaults reset, shit deleted or even had a BSOD that couldn't be explained as bad hardware or driver

praising the lord rn because that update that will take another 10gb was going to smash my poor laptop now i have ltsb and a bigger hard drive

Maybe you've just been lucky. Like I said m$ pushes out feature updates in small batches now to avoid backlash when they're broken. So only a few thousand users get fucked at a time and if you're one of the lucky ones who isn't beta testing it, it probably works "fine".

It's highly unlikely your settings haven't changed or reset though, you probably just haven't noticed. At the very least there are new settings you haven't configured. You can do a clean install of 1703 TODAY and if you upgrade it to 1809 it will reset file associations. 1607 to 1703 resets your background. And all feature updates will reset any system level settings to default, like service status and many registry keys. These are reset issues that still occur today and just off the top of my head.

Attached: win10-search.png (427x692, 56K)

>and many registry keys
I never touch the registry, you're not really suppose to touch it anymore anyway, that is what I've been taught atleast
I exclusively use group policy for configuration and I haven't had any of them reset and I've looked after feature updates
I also don't fuck with services as there is no need to fuck with them unless something is broken and if a service has to be disabled it's with group policy again
I configure my OS like you would in a domain so maybe that's why I don't have reset issues

Some people get off on fear mongering. Why do you so many views are on conspiracy videos with no facts to back it up?

Attached: 1558719265644.jpg (620x432, 31K)

LTSC is the only usable Windows.

Windows 10 AME will never have this update problem you losers complain about

Know what else doesn't? Windows 7.

Gross. I dont like telemetry

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

Autistics were complaining about how they kept getting viruses and how things didn't work. MS finally decided to end their BSing whether they liked it or not.

>
The new UI is mainly to stop your old apps from looking like ants on your new quad HD laptop screen, which it does very well.

Also NT>Unix clones by miles, even if MS piled shit design decisions on top to try to make the Windows store into a clone of the app store to take 30% cuts of every software sale unsuccessfully.

And now they are instead bitching how updates ruin their work. Brilliant!

Meh. I just use xubuntu. Dont bother with setting up a printer so idc if it doesnt support printers. I'm happy with lazyass linux and my nigga technology. Dont even bother running updates for entire years on my shitbuntu machine.

Attached: 1530053302949.jpg (480x480, 36K)

The updates are actually great and I'm happy they keep improving %s, which was shit at launch but has become a great %s now

Same. I have a beast of a gaming laptop but my x220 with xubuntu is faster, more stable, and more responsive for 99% of what I do.

Never ran into any of these issues using Windows 10 for the last few years.

>with windows you have a 6 year old OS that keeps gettng patched

If only they patched or improved basic things. All they do is add retarded gimmicky shit that i can already do with better specialized software

HELP I did windows update and now I'm stuck in a boot loop and I can't get to safe mode and disc repair isn't working!

I actually solved third issue by installing simplewall and pi-hole. Pi-hole runs on my Linux machine and I just route all traffic through it. Thanks based Linux.
Check this out for simplewall rules and blocklist: github.com/crazy-max/WindowsSpyBlocker/

Windows 10 resetting settings is a good thing. Shit would constantly break otherwise. It's fucking impossible to fix shit that breaks due to registry settings. It's not like linux distros where you can just revert to default config files easily if something breaks, so MS didn't have much of a choice.