Attached: 77a.jpg (1060x726, 374K)

get woke go broke

not an amd shill but intel cpus suck ass nowdays

>Where did everything go so wrong?
2014: skylake release delays, 14nm delays, 10nm delays
2017: inadequate response to ryzen
2018, 2019: meltdownies, spectrum and others

>made backdoors for CIA (which now bite them in the ass)
>generally shitty company, which fucked over AMD in the Athlon era
>is owned by jews (people don't like jews anymore)
>main goal is milking the market

it didn't have to hurt like this
they have had the upper hand in CPUs for 10 years

That what happens when you're on the top and you get lazy
you get dethroned and if you keep fucking up after that you go out of business
luckily enough intel still has some hope in the graphics market

why am i saying luckily those fucking kikes deserve to go out of business for milking the market for a decade with quad cores

>have big lead
>decide to exploit market leadership in confusing market segmentation strategies

Intel deserves it for pushing that retarded bronze, platinum, whatever slew of retarded numbers xeons. I'm not even convinced AMD won't try to do the same shit if they completely btfo intel.

are integrated graphics worth the space they take up?

also the fact that they tried to segment the market even more after ryzen with coffee lake i7s and coffee lake refresh i9s

It's not like Intel CPU's are actually garbage, well they kind of are with all the security vulnerabilities keep coming up but for me their prices have always been completely retarded, i'm not gonna pay 2x or 3x to get 5% more performance or consume 5 less watts.

/thread

They probably became complacent, coupled with a slew of possibly anti-consumer practices

However, one can argue AMD is now doing pretty anti-consumer shenanigans too since they now actively blocks PCIe 4.0 on X370/X470 which is unwarranted. They are not giving the OEMs to decide which board is suitable, but straight up block it via AGESA update so you will cough up money on a new motherboard to use your new PCIe 4.0 SSD.

i mean sure its bad but its better than forcing people to upgrade their mobos yearly

Intel did not exactly "hard force" users to upgrade their mobo since Z170 however. If you do some modding on the high end boards such as the OC Formula they are perfectly capable of handling 9900K CPUs. An SPI programmer is like $3 (~$8 for full kit with SOIC test clip and 1.8V adapter) on AliExpress so there is no need to worry about borking a bad flash.

AMD's AGESA update will also probably be the same--modders can get around it. However, this is just scummy practice in a nutshell, and it's not okay just because it's AMD. This isn't any different from Intel blocking 8000/9000 on Z170/Z270 or Microsoft's "Mandatory Telemetry". Both have workarounds but they can be tedious to perform.

>How did they lose?
It's really very simple: Intel is fundamentally a semiconductor fabrication company, and it has had the process lead for almost its entire history. This process node lead allowed it to gain a dominant market position even though innovative chip designs were never their strong suit.

With 10nm being a complete trainwreck and essentially DOA as a 14nm++++++++ replacement, TSMC has now passed them into the process node lead with 7nm. This is a huge problem for Intel because AMD has historically always been more innovative and forward thinking with chip design, but were always historically hamstrung by GloFo.

Now that AMD has a process node advantage that they are unlikely to lose (by the time Intel gets on their 7nm, AMD is likely to be on TSMC 5nm EUV), Intel will have to compete on CPU design rather than manufacturing node, and in this realm AMD has always been better.

Oh, and if Intel botches 7nm the way they did 10nm, they are *totally* fucked.

AMD has backdoors for CIA and NSA as well, nobody cares about them yet because very few people actually owns an AMD processor.

All of Intel's vulnerabilities are centered around Spectre and Meltdown, which security researchers and hackers have exploited to find more loopholes.

The Intel/AMD Microcode, Intel FSP, AMD Agesa, ME/PSP e.t.c. are all backdoored.

they didn't bet the company on the chinese

Attached: 1554962360857.jpg (830x1181, 279K)

It is because most 3xx and 4xx boards can't properly handle PCIe 4.0. They don't have the tracing/extra PCB laying for it.

They want to prevent brainlets from making their older system platforms unstable and be plagued with data corruption by attempting to run PCI4 mode. Besides, the PCH on those platforms are stuck with PCIe 3.0.

Intel did the same thing back during the Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge-era. You couldn't run PCIe 3.0 with an Ivy Bridge chip on older 6 series motherboards.

>AMD is now doing pretty anti-consumer shenanigans too since they now actively blocks PCIe 4.0 on X370/X470 which is unwarranted

Attached: brainlet.png (586x557, 66K)

The whole LGA1151+ requirement with Coffee Lake had more to do with preventing OEMs from using older 1xx/2xx boards that didn't have the proper power delivery for Coffee Lake at maximum load. Preventing a repeat of the Pentium III 1.13Ghz debacle.

Hell, the only difference between Z370 and Z390 board is that Z390 platform requires beefier VRMs for 9700K and 9900K which are power hogs at maximum load/turbo speed