One of my professors just told me he's only going to be writing recommendation letters for female students this year...

one of my professors just told me he's only going to be writing recommendation letters for female students this year because they're too underrepresented in CS when I asked him if he would write for me
you guys told me this shit was a Jow Forums meme that doesn't exist in the real world

Attached: really.jpg (750x686, 43K)

your status = cucked.

fake news

college is a scam and you got fleeced

pretty sure that's illegal and you can sue him

spread a rumor that he's having sex with them

It's at this point when you should be fully embracing the clown world in which you live by pretending to be trans and fast tracking yourself into a comfy career.

he told me in person when I went to his office to ask him. he said I'm a great student and I don't need his help but women do. I don't have anything in writing. I don't think there's anything I can actually do. he was my favorite professor too, and it was my best class overall. I was counting on his letter.

Why do you need letters of recommendation?
Why can't you fake one?

Just say youre a tranny or trans.

Don't you think it's self centered and arrogant that you expect a professor to personally vouch for your credibility at his own peril?
You never even imagined he could say no, and now you're angry.

I'm applying to grad schools next year. they expect full contact information and a sealed mailed letter or email from the official address as well as contact information. there's no way I'm faking it and getting away with it. I spent almost all my effort this semester trying to make sure I got a good reference from him since he's one of the most famous profs at my school. I was so sure I had something. now I feel like the ground is spinning and my future is in question.

that's something that's quite common in academia, yes. most professors are used to doing it and understand that it's an important part of the entire system. and I know that even last year he was writing a lot of letters including one for one of my closest friends.

This is why everyone should carry a recording device with them everywhere at all times. Oh wait, you DO carry something like that. Install the app "Alibi". It's the one that doesn't require google play services or network access.

If the professor said that he wont recommend him because he was a bad student it would be atleast justified not just because of his gender. Some people would say you were discriminated againts.

Complain to the dean. If that doesn't work, keep escalating.

Also, this is what you get for allowing Jews positions of power.

It would be one thing if he said that he didn't want to do it because he didn't think the individual deserved it. He's telling the kid that he would gladly do it, but he's going to write them for women instead because of a social justice meme. I would be pissed off too.

Haha CS students, because why learn what could in a month when you can pay 5 thousand bucks to learn it in 4?

Attached: tumblr_onyea0z3KP1virzjwo2_500.png (345x614, 279K)

Also fuck yourself you dumb frogposter

no it isn't, you literal retard, kys

Why do you need grad school for CS?
Also why don't you just pretend you're trans?
You could actually have fun doing it, just let go of all your male inhibitions, dress all cute and rake in the benefits.

Attached: 1556318034426.png (446x444, 199K)

I vouch for this solution.

Yeah OP should let us ram his bumhole. CS grads are dumb sluts anyway. t. real engineer.

my major is statistics, my minor is CS. I was hoping to do research in computational statistics, and eventually work doing research in industry.

Turn on a voie recording app and ask him again

I think I'm going to do this. I don't know if I'll record it but I'm definitely going to go ask again and probably beg and humiliate myself.

Dress up like a girl and ask him again.
Make sure you commit to your "transition story" if he refuses.
Remember, there's absolutely no way he can refuse you without looking really bad.
Nobody gives a shit about anti-male discrimination, imagine running to the dean for transphobia, that'll make headlines.

in my third world country my compiler proffessor is weirdly mysoginistic. For some reason he decided to pass-agresively shit on some stacy. For example when explaining something he asks Stacy specifically "do you understand it Miss Stacy" like she is some idiot. When she dropped out he, remarked while reading list of students: "Oh, Miss Stacy is not with us anymore". Most females dropped out already, there are 2, 3 left and they seem somewhat competent (or maybe they are just ugly, so they dont trigger incels), so he leave them alone

Atleast wear a skirt bro

This thread unironically fits better on

Doesn't matter if you don't have it in writing. Escalate the situation and go directly to the dean telling him what the professor is doing.

tell him you're transitioning and that he's a transphobic bigot

I thought /lgbt/ was just about how to transition?

This is why acdemia in 2019 is an absolute fucking joke.

I kek’ed

Jow Forumstards fuck off, you're telling this guy to cheat and lie and fuck over his own life for your own political wants. Disgusting

You know what he's actually telling you?

You don't need his recommendation letter to be successful. He must think really highly of you.

So go out there and be successful instead of locking yourself away in academia.

Call up fox news and tell them the story. Not a joke, this will really help

>You don't need his recommendation letter to be successful
But he does need those recommendations for grad school. What does he do? He (presumably) spent his time with this professor, maybe getting close with them so they could give a recommendation letter but now that is gone over some gender bullshit.

How the fuck a Stacy got far enough to meet the requirements for the compiler class?

user, if there's one thing you should know by now it's that Jow Forums is ALWAYS right.

Learn up on Title IX, retard.
Seriously, you need to go straight to the dean. Don't humiliate yourself like a bitch to score a recommendation. Go straight to the dean or anyone with the power to address discrimination. That is fucked up. I hope you are not meme'ing here. If you are a college/uni student, you should have heard about Title IX all the time and be given the means to report violations.

"Did you just assume my gender? HOW DARE YOU??"

dude, go to the student newspaper and also go to the head of the department. let them all know that you will keep making more and more noise if nobody helps you deal with this blatant sexism.
if you do nothing, then you're an idiot and you're just wasting our time, so fuck off.

Go into the real world and make some real money and solve real problems instead of going into the academia circlejerk?

Oh no, his plans didn't work out 100% and now OP won't get everything he ever wanted. Now he'll only be able to make 100k starting :(

Report him to the dean and if that doesn't do anything pony up a few grand and sue the shit out of him. You WILL win. Worst comes to worst if you're destitute cashwise, you can call FIRE, they will take your case in a heartbeat.

I think this is a bait thread since OP has not responded to anyone telling him to report his professor's behavior.

Maybe he doesn't want the money. Maybe he really enjoys academia. What then? You're telling him to change his life just cause he is a guy and not a girl? If his plans don't work out it should be because he is dumb/not competent enough, not just because he is a guy.

Ask him again, this time beg him and record the conversation. If he says no then ask him why he'll do it for female students, when you have his answer leave and report the cuck

>why learn what could in a month when you can pay 5 thousand bucks to learn it in 4?
Most people lack the ambition to self-study. On top of that, having a degree from an accredited institution is important for landing a job. I self-studied for years, and even though I aced interviews I never got hired because I didn't have a degree. I wasn't even considered for an interview most of the time because I didn't have a degree.

> I don't know if I'll record it
Why, you stupid faggot? It's the only way you can prove he's discriminating based on gender.

Jow Forums is always right.

He needs to record the conversation first

Yeah. I don't think a troll will acknowledge actually constructive recommendations. Pretending to be transgender will solve nothing and it'll keep the professor in his job, which allows for white guys to get fucked over. OP better fess up for trolling or do the smart thing if he's legit.

I feel like if I report the professor I'm going to ruin my entire career and become 'that guy.' if there's any articles written about me or any kind of fuss it's going to stick around forever. I don't want the attention and I don't want to ruin him, I just want to get into a good grad program. I just don't think I'm the kind of guy who can actually go record him and then escalate it into legal issues.