Fuck all of you, I'm so sick of everyone in my office making fun of me for using a chromebook as my daily carry...

Fuck all of you, I'm so sick of everyone in my office making fun of me for using a chromebook as my daily carry. They're good devices and I honestly only lose 5% performance in my virtualized file system, using the base chromeos kernal.

There isn't even a better android container if you tried and the fucking thing is a 2-in-1 and has a wacom stylus for only 250 dollars.

Seriously, fuck you Jow Forums.

Attached: cimb4v4rwmy21.png (960x640, 535K)

based

> Used Memory: 10GB
Jesus Christ

Why do you care what others think?
You use the tool for the job, if the Chromebook works fine for your application, there's no problem.
There's generally nothing wrong with Chromebooks, but I wouldn't use one as a main portable device all the time.

what model? sounds comfy, might get one too

>only 250 dollars

My sides
Is this new pasta?

>someone in my job made fun of me
>fuck you, Jow Forums

Attached: what how.png (828x720, 625K)

I agree with you on. It sucks that it's google bot net. Absolutely great chroot machine.

Chromebooks are usually pretty cheap, I don't see the problem here. The shitposting tier ones start at 100 bucks, the ones that a normie could do everything with is 200 bucks.

Acer Spinbook 11 is the one I'm using. You can get them for 250 on amazon.

Because I know at least 3 of you fucks are 4channers by the "but did you install gentoo on it" meme.

They do realize that it's already running Gentoo... literally?

From my experience, almost nobody knows anything about chromeos in office or people interact with on the streets. They all are convinced its still just a google browser in a device.

It's basically that and it's main point is to be that. Anything else is just extra. But for anything else I'd buy a ThinkPad and use the Chromebook for just a cheap laptop with a long battery life for anything browser related. But I'm not judging you, to each their own.
Why the fuck do you care what other people think anyways? Do you have aspergers or something?

I tried ChromeOS early on when it was just a browser in a device and have not tried it again.
How has it changed?

Ayyy, I'm using the Samsung Plus V2 myself.
The n3350 ain't terrible, but I went with the 3965y just for the better igpu.

Crostini with native linux app support is better, but still a meme for gpu acceleration even on supported models.

The android app support is honestly so good that I started using the android version of epsxe instead of the linux variant. Even Arm only applications are supported and are virtualized with seemingly voodoo tier speed. As for the rest, you can generally expect anything else you could expect out of a linux machine with crouton or dual booting.

are you using crouton? i pulled the write-protect screw and installed lubuntu 19.04 on mine. lxqt is really zippy and uses very little memory. i only have 2g ram and 16g storage on mine but i picked up an extra 16g sd just in case. i really love the 12 hours of battery and the fact i've never once heard the fan running.

>thinkpad meme

Some of us don't like buying used devices from ebay just to stick within their budget.

I was originally using crouton but these days I just dual boot with a legacy rom. This model had CR50 write protection instead of a simple screw though, so I had to disconnect the battery to flash the bios.

Use the other Linux variant, not the official one, Crouton or whatever the fuck it was. It's literally like running a native Linux distro on it, you alt-tab between it and Chrome OS, both have sound, networking, storage access, USB access, GPU acceleration, proper touchpad/touchscreen drivers, etc.

Crostini won't be ready for years yet.
Android work great though, x86 and ARM apps.

have you considered using the emmc storage as swap to compensate for your memory issues while booting the os from the SD? I think that'd improve your situation.

Why would you install Linux natively on it? You could literally get a better ThinkPad for cheaper and do that. You're not even going to get as good of battery life on the Chromebook via installing Linux on it natively. Pretty much missing the whole point of the device and paying extra.

I've only ever heard of crouton, is there an alternative to it? I quit using it because it started breaking my gpu on chromeos when I switched back and forth so I started dual booting instead.

Because its 250 dollars, touch screen for converting it into a proper android tablet and has a wacom stylus while also remaining under 12 inches? Oh, and lets not forget that you can't really install Chromeos on any device unless you want to use that FydeOS chink shit. If you think I'm dropping the android container on my daily fucking carry, I'm laffin at you. I don't use a phone, I use my chromebook.

My ThinkPad x220 has 5 hours battery time. And it was cheaper than a chromebook, and I get full blown linux and windows on it. Might even install MacOS on it (tripple boot), I have a 1gb ssd lying around.

lmao
Get a job, manbaby.

I bet you bought refurbished or used too you fucking nigger. God everyone on Jow Forums disgusts me. I'd never buy a device someone has touched other than the underpaid chinks that assembled it.

Why u gay?

so far i haven't had any memory issues. i was thinking of setting up btrfs across multiple devices to get 32g but i've only used 9g of the internal storage anyway so i'll just wait on trying that. thanks for the suggestion, though, i'll keep it in mind.

i get 12 hours with lubuntu and it cost me less than 200 usd. it's fast and has a better gpu and audio than any thinkpad under 500 usd. i fell for the thinkpad meme a couple years ago, it was a total waste of money.

how good is the stylus?

its a proper EMR pen, so both pressure and tilt work great.

In this day and age, all but the most degenerate Jow Forums memes have full normie/reddit penetration. Install gentoo is a mainstream meme now. Even stuff as recent as boomer vs zoomer i head used by people who haven’t even heard of this site

The other day I pointed out to my friend that everyone I ever dated past highschool I met on Jow Forums or happened to be a 4chanshitposter by sheer chance. I thought it was odd by my friend tried to claim it was pretty normal and that most people on the internet probably use Jow Forums.

Thank you for noticing this too, because I felt he was full of shit and that normies still dont come here.

>normies still dont come here.
Who do you think does all the shitposting? It isn't the intelligencia. It's normies all the way down.