AYYMD X570 HOUSEFIRES BURNING YOUR HOUSE DOWN WHEN THE CHIPSET FAN FAILS

AYYMD X570 HOUSEFIRES BURNING YOUR HOUSE DOWN WHEN THE CHIPSET FAN FAILS

Attached: HOUSEFIRES.jpg (800x600, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hORR3YlRlIM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>too poor to buy based gigabyte mobo with a passive design
intel everyone. literally too poor to buy good hardware

But we already have passively cooled ones.

Attached: file.png (678x508, 580K)

Oh boy I sure do love AMD pozzed housefires

>It's cheaper!
>you just have to buy more expensive RAM!
>you just have to buy an expensive motherboard!

I just bought an rx580

what are you, poor?

>Passive design
Literally only the Aorus one gets posted.
Aqua doesn't even count as that's a full cover water block.

SOPA MACACO.

>can buy the single best mobo and ram on the market with the $700 I save from not buying >intlel
get fucked rabbi.

cry harder faggot

the chipset cooling ir semi passive faggot.

I honestly don't even give a flying fuck about the fan or not. LOOK AT THIS FUCKING THING. It's gorgeous.

Attached: pro-ws-2d.jpg (696x841, 161K)

>5 watts vs 11 watts

Someone send in the delta force...

Gigabyte has one too, several more to be revealed soon also.
We already know exactly how many models of boards everyone is gonna release for launch but we have only seen a fraction of them.

>OP too much of a retarded newfag to remember what high end motherboards were like 10 years ago

>The normal looking ones are the most expensive

JDIMSA

>I honestly don't even give a flying fuck about the fan
I do.
I was thinking about upgrading from 1155 to AM4, but not if it's going to cause a racket. I'll wait till they manage to unfuck the design.

yeah that workstation board looks insanely good m8

It is cheaper though. A lot cheaper if you're going high end VS Intel.
You don't need expensive RAM, shitty B-Die works fine even on original Zen for like 13 months now.
You don't have to buy an expensive motherboard, this gamer shit is literally the low end shit, I wouldn't even recommend it.

Yeah, I'm crying from laughter that AMD faggots got pozzed once again LMAO

The Aorus is the Gigabyte.
It's like what the ROG is to Asus

The thing is, you won't even hear it unless you're using a open bench setup. That's a very poor excuse and you know it's bullshit.

>you don't NEED these things, just enjoy subpar performance and the warm glow of your house burning down
Okay now this is epic

read the fucking stuff before you post. the fan will ONLY be used when you actually have alot of nvme drives.

Do you actually think cooling a 10W part causes a "racket"?

All the X570 boards are gonna be money. Totally willing to pay for this WS board if it means it can sustain stable XFR for the R9-3900X.

Intel is far less ram bound than Ryzen that's why the shitty i5 8400 is still competitive with the 2600x in games while bound to 2666 ram.

>the post you make when buyer's remorse kicks into hyperdrive
have fun with your 7700k, niggerfaggot

It's hilarious watching all the poorfags who could never afford an Intel HEDT setup flipping out about chipset fans.

This is the third thread you've made over this.
PCIE4
PCIE4

It won't even turn on if you have decent case airflow.

PCIE4
PCIE4

/thread

The reach is real folks

Intel full buttmad

A 45mm fan that spins at 6 million RPM is not gonna be quiet

AMD boards have always been cheaper
RAM prices have dropped considerably
PCIE4 is new tech that Intel doesn't have. It's more expensive for now

it's semi passive. dumb fuck

some manufacturers are saying their fan will always be on regardless of load. Others say it's temp based and will only be on with a bunch of NVME drives in use. Everyone freaking the fuck out over fans they have no idea how they even work yet.

>you won't even hear it unless you're using a open bench setup
I don't believe that for a minute.
I had a Biostar 775 motherboard with active chipset cooling, and it made an unbelievable amount of noise. It's going to come down to implementation, but we'll see.
If that's the case then it's no problem. We'll see what happens.
Small fan = buzzy noise.
It's going to come down to what fan they stick in and how fast it spins. I'm also not looking forward to cleaning out another fan that might not be easily accessible.

It's really just one of two idiots posting. There's been three threads in 24 hours

>6 million RPM
>10W

Motherboard fans in 2008 screamed quietly, louder than a laptop for sure and possibly the most noticeable noise in the system. Its partly the type of sound, like a dremel or a dentist visit. I get the feeling these will be similar. Even if they stay off (they should, needs to be confirmed) scared they might do things like kick at wakeup and run in BIOS mode.

Asus stated that the fans on their boards at least are controlled by chipset temp. Basically the fan will never spin unless you're smashing the I/O with raid SSDs. I would be amazed the other manus didn't do the same thing

No. It shouldn't. My current 10 year old midrange mobo cools more passively. Too bad all x570 boards suck dick except for a single way too expensive one.

and your 10 your old midrange mobo doesn't have PCIe 4.0.

There'd be zero reason to use the fans in the first place if they used proper heat sinks instead of the gaymen junk they into the boards currently.

Irrelevant.

cry me a fucking river. Holy shit you faggots are so insufferable for motherboards THAT AREN'T EVEN OUT YET. Don't want to but X570? Don't. Use an X470 motherboard. Or go with Intel and their PCIe 4.0 motherb.... oh yeah right never mind.

>No. It shouldn't.
I'm glad you understand.

>workstation
>only 4 sata ports
Into the trash it goes

What's the point of buying a X570 again? PCIE 4 isn't useful yet and isn't Ryzen 4000 going to be a new socket?

not everyone upgrades every single generation. Just because it isn't useful just yet doesn't mean you can't use it. An RTX 2080Ti can run at 100% on x4 lanes of PCIe 4.0. Run a bunch of SSDs etc. If you really don't need it, stick with X470.
Yup. Workstation. Not server. It'a also one of the few motherboards with an U.2 port.

Almost every board has had the fucking fan and most importantly every single reasonably priced mobo has one based on current info. Sucks to have a retarded completely avoidable design flaw. X470/b450 is indeed the only good choice.

Does it support Ryzen Pro features? If not, it is still a Pro Gaming X570-FARCE motherboard

just buy a fucking x470 boards for christ's sake. Some of them can use PCIE 4, too.

I wonder if the 15W TDP is solely because of PCIE 4, then how bad will Intel's PCIE 5 will be.

The latest version of a socket is usually the most polished and stable, the first generation of AM4 boards had lots of issues if I recall correctly.

>complaining about one tiny fan

Attached: 1558921406982.png (813x1402, 324K)

> 10 year old Intel housefires chipsets have resulted in intcels having PTSD about a product they are not going to buy

What a time to be alive

It's 11W.

>AMDrones sperg out about nvidia price gouging over RTX
>eat up shitty $200 entry level boards with a fan to provide ambience

fucking newfags, chipset fans are not a new concept.

>Z390 boards weren't 200$ on launch
>Z390 has pcie 4
>Z390 can handle 1/4th the IO of the x570

The fan is retarded and I won't be buying one but when you look at the potential throughput to the chipset from all the pcie devices it's understandable even ignoring the nvme you have twice the amount of USB 3.1 than Intel
Better to have a chipset with a fan that can handle all that if someone decides to use it than no fan and people with dead boards because they stuffed dual GPU nvme raid in a case with no airflow

>had lots of issues if I recall correctly
only with RAM, it mostly got fixed up to 3200

That fan won't even spin outside I/O use, south bridge is pure storage lane, all important PCIe lanes are in CPU itself.
So unless you run 8 PCi-e 4.0 storage devices it won't get even remotely warm.

shut the fuck up shill. its mainboard manufacturers who are too jewish to use a proper copper heatsink and instead opt for a fucking plastic fan

Imagine buying an active cooled mobo with a 20w TDP southbridge just to get access to pcie4 when you aren’t even using the full pcie3 bandwidth.

Literally AMDrones.

Even a copper heatsink wouldn't be enough to cool 2 nvme plus chipset covered by modern GPUs
you would need heatpipes to move the heat somewhere with airflow like that one Asus board does

I think the funniest thing about this whole debacle is the rypoo shills smugly bragging that rypoo 3 is lower tdp than previous gen, forgetting the mini house fire southbridge.

>he can't afford a cute, tiny and quiet fan in his board while running 3-way RAID0 2TB NVME drivers
imagine being so fucking poor lmao

Attached: lisa_su_pepe.png (1000x1000, 386K)

>If you point out an obvious design flaw you are a fanboy of brand X t. Fanboy of brand Y

uhm..
>AYYMD X570 HOUSEFIRES BURNING YOUR HOUSE DOWN WHEN THE CHIPSET FAN FAILS

Attached: 1526610347502.jpg (736x736, 108K)

You wont need x570 just buy a x470 instead

Look at this newfag shill.

FPBP

Attached: 1503848584264.jpg (1000x1000, 253K)

The great thing about AMD is that you can still buy a new CPU without having to upgrade your motherboard to the newest spec.
So watch Intel implement the same mobo design and force people buying the new CPU's to run fans unless they buy expensive passive of waterblock boards.
Especially with PCIE 5.0, which will require very expensive PCB layouts to support and be very power hungry.

Whatever. A small low-rpm fan on the mobo is still better than Meltdown/Zombieload in the CPU. And I bet Intel pcie 4.0 mobos will also have fans.

The problem is thermal management and clearance issues. AMD wants to be on the safe-side and ensure that PCH doesn't overheat in a brainlet setup (2080Ti/Vega 64 throw in a chassis that only has one intake/exhaust low-RPM fan)

People don't realize how toasty PCH has being running since the Lynnfield-era.

which of yous knows korean
youtube.com/watch?v=hORR3YlRlIM

Lmao I saw this shit when chipsets ran hot as fuck back in the 00s
Weord to see it come back desu how fucking annoying mainly due to how much more these fucking retarded boards cost again now it's x58 all over again
Dunno what Jow Forums had against fans in general though especially small ones

See that third x16 slot? It's x8. Consumer boards either don't have that third slot or it's x4 and shared with the first M.2.
This board could host a video card and TWO x8 SAS controllers for a MINIMUM 16 ports. 32 if you spring for the high end controllers, or much much more if you use SAS expanders.

Having only 4 SATA is irrelevant.

>small
>low-rpm
>good cooling
Pick two, and only two.

Last I checked, AMD hasn't broken the laws of physics.

It's contributing to the fact that the chipset can get very hot, due to very high bandwidth with multiple NVMe drives. Not irrelevant after all!

Source of the heat is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the total heat output. 10 years ago chipsets were comfortably cooled passively even when they had higher tdps than X570. The fan is completely unnecessary and a clear symptom of the prevalent misguided trend of form-over-function in modern pc hardware.

better have good cable management or its going to snack on your wires.

holy shit. what is going on with the chipset that it needs this much cooling?

If you are that worried about the fan on an x570 board, just get an x470 board for your Zen 2 processor. Most boards have gotten BIOS updates that actually update the first PCIe slot to run at 4.0

Why are all the X570 motherboards overdesigned gaymen shit, I really want a simplistic good-looking board like this that won't cost a fortune

its not really better that a 1660ti

that fan life expectative wont break 4 years

your mobo will literally cook before its time because of a stupid fan that died

I still have fans from 8 years ago and they are just fine
Fans are not that delicate

Why introduce another point of failure pointlessly?

>pointlessly
citation needed

>good-looking board
Why do you even give a shit what your hardware looks like? You dump it in the case and then use it, what difference does it make what the fucking thing looks like? Just buy the best board for the price and features you need.

Amd:
>here's a new high end board with some extra shit on it
Intel:
>here's the same board from last year, except the socket has one more pin

>hasn't broken the laws of physics
You don't need gale-force airflow or a fuckhuge heatsink to cool a 10W part. Those are 'the laws of physics'.

This, you're not a manchild with a case with a windowed side panel, are you?

I value aesthetics just on their own, since i'm the type of faggot to buy cases with windows/tempered glass if i'm going to be looking at my PC i'd prefer the components inside look good, even if i'm only looking at it for 30 minutes total out of the year

I've got a 10 year old motherboard that uses 95 watts at idle and it only has a single heatpipe, never gets above 30C at 19 ambient
>and it's an Intel socket

Imagine buying a hosefire 9900k just to get access to 5 more fps at 720p when you are above your monitors refresh rate anyway.

>i'm the type of faggot
At least you're an honest faggot, but a faggot still.

There are thousands of other points of failure to a motherboard, a fan is the least of your worries
Just because everything is solid state doesn't mean it's perfectly reliable

A little self deprecating humor never hurt anyone