How long have you had your current computer? Do you feel the need to upgrade? What was the longest one has lasted you?

How long have you had your current computer? Do you feel the need to upgrade? What was the longest one has lasted you?

Attached: [polished] Kokoro Library 13 [FINAL][DVD][37893DD6].mkv_snapshot_03.24_[2017.07.06_22.16.47].jpg (640x480, 40K)

>desktop
two years
no
>laptop
11 years
yes but nothing on the market classifies as an upgrade

>How long have you had your current computer?
~15 years
>Do you feel the need to upgrade?
Not really.
>What was the longest one has lasted you?
This is my first and only computer.

Two years with the same desktop. No real need to upgrade, but a better mobo with more SATA ports would be nice.

I've had my i5 6600k build for around 3 years.
No issues with performance, but I want to switch from Incel at some point.

About 7 years for my current desktop. Graphics card crapped out back in 2015, and a hard drive fail back in 2018. Otherwise, the computer has been fine. Not really planing to upgrade this build anymore.

Since 2015. It came with a HDD and I upgraded to a 256GB SSD then 512GB SSD. No plans to replace or upgrade the computer.

~10 years
Nope
My current one, ~10 years

1 year for my desktop, 5 for my laptop
I think the desktop could use improvements yes, the laptops fine

I do hope you old computer fucks get an SSD at the very least. They are way too nice to not have one. The prices are very low and you can get a 240 for around $30 on amazon.

well no shit an ssd is mandatory nowadays
i have a NAS though, don't need anything bigger than 128gb

Desktop, not long. Got an 8700k at launch. I would like to upgrade my 1080 for whatever is the best next gen and maybe another ssd.
Laptop since 2006. It serves its purpose for communication, writing, and entertainment in a pinch. I dont use it too much so I don't intend to upgrade. This 32 bit core duo has lasted me longer than the 700 mhz celeron that was my main pc until 2007, when someone gave me a p4.

Had mine since 2011, I think the ram may be failing but for now no complaints

> desktop
2.5 years
No
> laptop
1 year
No

7 years. Will there ever be a need to upgrade from a 2500k?

Built this one late September 2017
Not really interested in upgrading. Maybe replace my storage drive with an ssd. Still don't have a graphics card.
Longest I've had a system was maybe 9 years

6 months
Not really
6 years

Attached: 1559334093281.jpg (3024x4032, 1.21M)

either 9 years or 1 week depending on how you look at it. the thing has been on life support for a couple years, I'm constantly swapping parts. most recently I stuck an i5 3330 out of the junk bin in it to get it back up and running

yes, but not for performance reasons. the computer just isn't reliable anymore.

as for actual power on time, this is the longest a computer has lasted me, but I have a lot of older computers that are still working just fine, just out of date. my old tandy 1000 is still going strong after like 28 years, but it's probably only got a thousand hours or so of power on time, compared to my current system which has been running 24/7 other than going down for hardware changes, software updates, or just rebooting to fix a problem for no more than an hour or two at a time.

>desktop
3rd gen i7
Gtx 1080
Still gpu bottlenecked so looks like ill need to upgrade my gpu before cpu mobo and ram upgrade
>lappy
My thinkpad still works great so no

>same MacBook pro since 2014

Yeah the battery goes 100-0 in around an hour and a half of general use

>4690k
4 years
>1700
Since January
>T410
2 years
>T61
Last year
>W530, T530, X230t, T420, T500 (now W500)
Pretty much between November last year to January this year.

I have a thinkproblem©

I've been using the same prebuilt cheapo desktop since 2012 and I don't need to upgrade. Nothing has failed on it either, what a good value.

Why don't you change it then?

>How long have you had your current computer? Do you feel the need to upgrade?
>desktop
Oldest part is probably from 08, newest from 2015. I barely use it and feel no need to upgrade.
>laptop
12 MacBook 2015 and main computer. I'd love if it'd were slightly faster and almost considering a fucking iPad Pro since there is no news about Ice Lake refresh.
All of mine much older stuff still works fine, I could do my work on a laptop from 2004 that can barely play yt videos; it's just fun to buy new tech under almost any pretence; whether it's a slight performance boost or a new design.

What did you do to it?
I'm this guy, and mine from 2015 still lasts 6h+ easy (had 8h+ at start)