What is Jow Forums using for antivirus? i just had a huge portion of my c drive wipe itself

what is Jow Forums using for antivirus? i just had a huge portion of my c drive wipe itself

Attached: hacks3g-eset-nod32-antivirus-8-serial-keys-till-2015-1000x750[1].jpg (1000x750, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

informnapalm.org/en/jun01-eset-terrorists/
krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/antivirus-is-dead-long-live-antivirus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this thing called, not being a fucking dumbass

gentoo

>C drive
Sounds like file system errors. Good luck finding an antivirus that can save you from being retarded and having a shitty OS with a shitty filesystem

Brain 1.0

People talked this up back in the day on irc. I had a pirated copy. My friend coded a silly virus and sent it to me claiming I wouldn't have anything that would detect it. Eset stopped it in it's tracks and he sperged out. Also I remember like it was yesterday when blaster hit I must have been 13 and couldn't get online with a Dell Inspiron.

Imagine using spyware as an OS, get linux you moron

Because ESET analyzes the behaviour of files instead of just cross checking them against a stupid blacklist. If his shitty malware doesn't mask its intentions EXTREMELY well, it will get caught. ESET is still one of, if not the best antivirus.

Imagine using a server tranny OS on a desktop

He said Linux, not FreeBSD, corporatefag

TempleOS on the desktop, linux/bsd on the server

>eset
Fuck off ruski pig botnet

linux has viruses too. even worse, it breaks itself without the need of any virus. what's your point?

>update windows
>patch notes: performance improvements and bug fixes
>windows stops working

One of our site offices uses that shitpile and it causes me nothing but headaches. Webroot is pretty good.

>it's ok when linux does it

I'm just here to point out how OSX performance improvements don't involve getting rid of OSX

instead, it involves buying a new computer every 2 years because of apple's intentional deprecation

I have never ever had windows break on me, but the amount of times I've had to fix a linux installation probably surprises no-one

DAE linux only for servers???? XDDDD

If you're looking for the best antivirus available, you should give clamwin a try. It saved me from the sasser worm just recently!

>clamwin
Oh shit, haven't heard that name in a long ass time. It's still being updated huh?

stop pirating shit and plugging in flash drives from normalfags you mong

on linux you get a virus once in a blue fucking moon and you have to be extremely retarded to do it. I'm talking "sudo rm -rf /" retarded. Also, there are many stable linux distros out there like debian which never usually crash unless you fucked up some shit either during installation or just did "sudo rm -rf /".

gentoo

Just ignore the bait, sister.

eset hase more false alarms than other ones, which is why it's not hitting top of boards all the time but yea, it is on top

kaspersky is the ruski one, eset is slovak

got a friend working here for a while (BA office), he -detection department- and dude from other dept went with HR chicks to universities (those open day/job hunt days)
HR is all good but catch him at a beer and from his words the company is.. too formal, strict - Jow Forums would call it dead
it's not bad, but i would think twice to go there

friends department - interview is focused on problem solving abilities, here and there they let out some tasks into the world and if you manage to solve it it WILL help you at the interview
work itself is - first 2 years you are learning most of the time. eg. you get a virus, you are bisecting it in a sandbox and your analysis ov virus, remarks, ideas, resolutions etc you will presend before commission of seniors

apparently the other departments are not that much soul-sucking, but plenty say that it really reminds them of a random huge corporate some guys worked in before... except 90% people are locals (czechs, slovaks) and you get a really good check for any post that matters

Eset collaborates with Kaspersky
Therefore it's DOA to me and i wouldn't install it, even if i got money for that

faggot

>Eset collaborates with Kaspersky
>Therefore it's DOA to me and i wouldn't install it, even if i got money for that
Source?

I run MalwareBytes Techbench portable now and then

Common sense

informnapalm.org/en/jun01-eset-terrorists/
There were other articles, on other sites, that had evidence that Eset has ties to Kaspersky.
But i can't find them, because it was years ago.
If you are interested you can search for the connections between eset and the russian glow in dark nigger yourself

Attached: 3351.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Thanks man. I'm gonna try and do a bit more research into this.

everyone who says common sense is an insufferable faggot and needs to fucking die

Attached: 81871621011487874123659814750.jpg (402x960, 125K)

Clearly this guy has no common sense and is butt hurt about being a retard. Enjoy your bloatware.

Attached: planters-hed-2016.png (1270x713, 983K)

and they're still right.

If you don't mind Russian botnet Kaspersky is the best anti-virus there is, but it will nag you to hell and back if you don't buy it. The best thing to do is to run all your shit in a VM sandbox, especially internet usage. Set it up, clone it, use only the clone. If it dies just take like 2-4 mins to re-clone it from the untouched source copy. You don't need to use an anti-virus in it, if no one else physically touches your device. The best setup will be Ubuntu or other distro running Windows in a VM, if you need Windows that is. Otherwise, just use whatever GNU/Linux distro you like since getting a virus on that means you fucking deserve it.

alright, i just scanned my system with windows defender and malwarebytes and nothing was found
why the fuck would my desktop and user folder delete itself?
i didn't do anything aside from install the epic games launcher and gog galaxy...

>2019
>tech board using antivirus
>no common sense

are you guys trolling or do I have to believe this?

have you received a win update maybe?

I save a lot of images, and sometimes from some strange exotic websites, how can common sense protect me from getting viruses from them? Antivirus is like using a condom, yea you can avoid getting AIDS if you use common sense and become incel, but if you actually have sex you need protection.

nah, for some reason the may update still hasn't hit my system yet
i was merely browsing the web when my c drive went to shit, but the files i lost seemed to be too specific to be virus/malware

commonsensefags are just seething they can't afford proper antivirus

I'd use something else but it's too much of a pain to uninstall

Attached: norton false positives.jpg (1732x2068, 608K)

Antivirus is dead.
krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/antivirus-is-dead-long-live-antivirus/

Reported the nsa you fucking pedo