Does someone know what this little guy is? Obviously some kind of sensor, but for what...

Does someone know what this little guy is? Obviously some kind of sensor, but for what? It was attached in the corner at the top of the wall, and the the cord just disappears behind the chimney. I'm I being buged??

Attached: 20190602_164929.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sowparnikathermistors.com/temperature-compensation-type-ntc-thermistor.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Show other side. Thats nothing but a plastic housing, wires, and silicone in this pic.

Attached: 20190602_164811.jpg (4032x3024, 3.02M)

That confirms it. CIA is spying on you. Run.

its a sensor

temperature sensor for a multi-zone hvac system.

yeah thats a sensor, bro

ask your landlord what it is, or go ahead and cut it then them to talk to the hand when they ask why their damp detector 3000 isn't working.

To me it looks like one of those IR passthroughs for controlling something that you don't have line of sight to

looks like a sensor to me

It's hard to say with that hot glue/silicone blocking whatever is sensor-ing. The blue thing is a capacitor, but that obviously doesn't tell us much.

Attached: 1553799786354.jpg (800x600, 39K)

Sorry, posting from my phone and the pictures turns sideways

Attached: 20190602_171335.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

you need to dig up that gunk and show the actual sensor

Looks like a shitty temperature sensor to me?

looks too stupid to be cia nigger shit

That could make sense. I know the guy living here before me was a total wierdo and had cameras hidden around inside the apartment

>cut the black bit off
>solder the wires to a 3.5mm headphone jack
>plug the jack into a cheap smartphone
>play ASMR vids into it
Come on, man, I'm getting bored out here

this, remove the glue

Yea, will do

>buged
Obviously not. You can already exclude movement, audio, video tracking because it's sealed in glue. If it is an actual sensor as the name suggests then it can't be anything harmful. No I'm not CIA.

I'm not sure but I think it might be a sensor

Looks like an RF receiver for a remote.

Kuroba doesn't have this problem

Attached: Screenshot_20190602_163230.jpg (1080x1614, 144K)

Temperature sensor

Oh, that's schmudt

Housing removed

Attached: 20190602_173639.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

Yup, that's a bug. You should desolder one of the contacts, wrap then re-glue it back together making sure it does not recontact.

desu looks like a receiver for a remote control. I don't know what kind of "bug" it would be... it's sealed and there's no diaphragm for audio.

The most likely thing is: It's a temperature sensor for your central heating. Optimizing the water temperature according to the weather.

Congratualtions, you are now wasting more oil or gas. now.

OH SHIT

sowparnikathermistors.com/temperature-compensation-type-ntc-thermistor.htm

Attached: sttc-temperature-compensation-miniature_p_1364601_206089.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Nice try, CIA.

Now put it back and stop being a tinfoil faggot. I hope your landlord bills you for the damage, it's not your property to fuck with.

Nope can't be that, the house I live in don't have central heating

Maybe they are making sure you keep it heated to avoid damp issues, as per your contract?
It is a thermistor, no argument.

It's a photodetector faggot.

Aka a "light sensor".
Do you have a AC that turns off at night?

It is very, very clearly not a photo cell, user.

You broke the central heating and air system. There goes your deposit you kook.

that's a thermistor. use a multimeter to test its resistance, then heat or cool the thermistor and measure resistance again. if they differ by a large factor, it is confirmed thermistor. it isn't a photoreceptor because it's in an opaque enclosing, nor is it a microphone as it all looks to be made out of ceramic.
kill yourself you nigger

Thanks, user! I just don't understand why it is there? I live in a wooden house (landlord lives in the apartment down stairs). We don't have AC or central heating, that is not common here in Norway. I don't see why anyone would monitor the temperature of my bedroom. Sensor was attached to the chimney but I quess it won't get a usable reading from the outside?

It had to be destroyed. Not taking any chances.

Its not even destroyed. Just getting some silicone adhesive and put it back in the plastic housing. The only way you're breaking it is if you destroy the resistor in the middle, in the blue epoxy.

That is not have electronics work, stay in school phaggot

monitoring the temperature of the bricks probably as the chimney passes through rooms, so it doesn't go over a certain temperature

>set up vital safety systems in your home
>rent out a room to some neckbeard tinfoil hat wearing faggot
>destroys your shit because he's too autistic and paranoid to just ask what it is

That literally is how it works, kid. Removing a thermal sensor from a plastic housing did not break it.

Why is this thread so retarded?