What is the most minimal just werks distro? And why is it void?

What is the most minimal just werks distro? And why is it void?

Attached: void_bg.png (143x143, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/223746/why-is-the-linux-kernel-15-million-lines-of-code
github.com/nobodino/slackware-from-scratch/blob/master/mini-sfs/sfs-bootstrap-mini.sh#L689-L816
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CRUX

>loonix
>just works
kek

Void is so comfy, xbps-src is quite possibly the best build system to date.

alpine

sorry bud, void is cool and all but i don't think any distro qualifies for 'just werks' if it doesn't have a somewhat widely-used package manager

How is apk widely used but xbps isn't.

my favourite minimal linux is unix.stackexchange.com/questions/223746/why-is-the-linux-kernel-15-million-lines-of-code

alpine got pretty big when the docker memers realized it's kinda silly to spin up little service containers with entire ubuntu images

I agree, but it's a bit of a stretch to call it popular when comparing to apt or yum.

alpine would be fantastic if it didnt use musl

minmal would depend on the task(s) being performed and as no info was provided no correct answer can be given qed

Tinycore
Or, fi you want a widespread packet manager, antiX

Except Void doesn't just work. Not only does it absolutely refuse to display non-Latin characters irrespective of the font, locale, or region settings used, but it took me weeks just to get it to install and then boot up properly.
It would install fine, but when I boot, either grub rescue or be stuck on a console login screen. I assume the DE wasn't loading but any attempt to access my hard drives via this screen would give me "not found" errors, including the one Void was installed on. I couldn't even install a new DE or set it up to auto start. I don't remember what I did, but it finally works and it took way too much time and effort. Void is good, but the setup was very painful and I still have issues like the font.
Blog over.

based

Windows is better for you. You clearly don't know how to use computers.

Attached: 1559490396.png (680x680, 172K)

That seems like a (you) problem, I have never had any of the issues you have just described.

Where's other Slackers? Sane and complete basic install which I have always managed to install successfully without a problem. SBopkg is also comfy as fuck.

>Muh dependencies
Install slap or gtfo

Attached: slackware_logo.png (356x356, 70K)

use the chroot install method and stop being a pleb

you sound retarded

Not minimal. Even the basic install is well over 1000 packages.

I love Void, but I dont fucking get what xbps-src is supposed to do, read so much documentation, could never figure it out.

Debian and Devuan net iso.

Kek

>source based distro that doesnt even support 32 bit
Why

Those packages are just taking up disk space, which is not a problem these days. What really matters is how much you'e running at once. Where did the big package count touch you, user?

If I would like outdated packages I would use Debian

Ubuntu with Minimal install option selected

this, install openbsd

Alpine

> muh minimal distro
grow up

Basically you use it to download the source version that isn't in the xbps repos and install it with the same build system xbps uses on their servers. Void keeps a giant list of build files on GitHub that you clone to your computer to use to compile just about everything.
It's similar to pacman in that it allows you to build packages on your system in a controlled manner, but isn't maintained by the community, but instead vetted by the maintainers.

**AUR

pacman is different.

Not the poster you're replying to, but senpai, please teach me how to maintain a custom kernel, or custom st build or some shit with xbps-src. I guess I'm too much of a brainlet to figure it out. Why do I have to clone the void-packages repo?

I can install Arch of all things just fine. It's an inherent problem with Void. Literally no other distro has given me any of these problems.

I literally installed Void on a spare machine today and it works just fine.

Attached: 2019-06-02-151016_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 571K)

Reporting for duty sir - though I think sbotools is way better than sbopkg.

Not true, the absolute minimal functioning decent slackware installation is only about this: github.com/nobodino/slackware-from-scratch/blob/master/mini-sfs/sfs-bootstrap-mini.sh#L689-L816 and you can get even smaller if you use busybox and tune for a specific system.
Plus add the one needed for x and xfce if you *Really* need to go visual.

Gentoo