Actually has expansion possibility until mITX

>actually has expansion possibility until mITX
>isn't fucking huge unlike ATX

Why is the mATX dying off? There's like one announced motherboard out of dozens for Ryzen 2 and case makers don't seem to care any more either.

Attached: file.png (570x594, 191K)

Because only x570 was announced.

because mini ITX exists and if you don't need 7 lanes why do you need 4?

We don't even know yet.

But I can actually see mATX dying off. The people who don't want "fuckhuge ATX" generally want "small mini ITX".

Multi gpu died, vrms need to be bigger now, and there are smaller atx cases now. uATX is dead and good itx mobos and cases finally exist.

Attached: 1554135739371.jpg (450x320, 34K)

Because some people need a video card and only a couple extra cards and not five.

>2 graphics cards
>WiFi NIC
>hardware raid

Idk, there’s 4. The real thing is that “gaymer PCs” only need 1 for graphics card, maybe one shorty for WiFi NIC.

>SLI/Crossfire in [current year]
If you need it for ML or AI, you wouldn't be running only 2 cards
>WiFi NIC
Get a board will a WiFi NIC included. A significant number of X570 boards have them.
>hardware raid
Have fun with drivers

Because most people either want expandability and don't care much about size, or want it as small as possible and can't think of any PCIe thing they might want other than a GPU.

>mutli gpu format slowly dying out
>pci-e storage being relegated to mobo space
>built-in network chips have been as good if not better than their pci-e counterparts for years now
PCs have been moving to single-slot operation for awhile now
unless you have multiple cards for parallel computing, there's really no reason to go for ATX over mITX
the only advantage mATX has at this point is more SATA ports than mITX, and even that can be relatively easily fixed in future mobo iterations
small form factor is the future of personal computing, whereas ATX and EATX are slowly being co-opted exclusively for professional use
not to mention mATX cases are almost always only slightly shrunken versions of their ATX counterparts, the last good original mATX case was the TJ08B-E, and that was introduced years ago

No the reducance was the lack of 5.25" dives and lack of 3.5" drive bays

the sound cards and 10GBe ethernet is still an issue for the highest end.

the ITX is more for the budget class and their mATX was the middle of the ground.

the thing is the trend is always ATX over mATX
and ITX over mATX in sales and that keeps increasing over time.

Because SLI and crossfire are dead, only HEDT workstation users would need a gpu+x16 SSD, more and more expansion card features are built-in on even ITX boards, and small form factor(ITX>mATX there) is in right now. The mATX market is too small to be profitable at least right now.

The #1 thing I regret about my first build was choosing mATX. It has half the expansion capability of ATX at 80% the footprint. Meanwhile ITX has almost no expansion but at 30% the footprint. So if you want a small build choose ITX. If you want expansion choose ATX. mATX is just not a practical form factor for anyone.

>ATX
>"fucking huge"
Everyone look at this 12 year old with girl hands complain about half a kilogram, and enjoy paying a premium for small size while lacking any real functionality
Hi thanks, go fuck yourself nignog.

I don't understand how so few people actually like mATX, everything high-end is either full or mini, almost every mATX board is shit quality. I just want
>dgpu
>capture card
>wifi card
Also someone explain to me why so many full ATX boards have built-in wifi, every ITX board has it, but no mATX?
I just hope the single x570 mATX board announced is half decent.

It is, when you aren't using most of it.
It's like buying a van when you have two children and a vasectomy.

You wouldn't take your wife and two kids on a roadtrip in a plush, comfy minivan?

why are you defending an end table?

>Heerrrrrp, derp derrrrrpppp?

Attached: micro-atx-vs-mini-itx-vs-atx-vs-eatx.jpg (1007x485, 165K)

That is different.
You're actually setting up for camping, in some way.
I'm talking about just moving people.

>can't think of any PCIe thing they might want other than a GPU.
>2019
>still no fucking built in 10GbE on fucking motherboards
>NICs are still over a fucking hundred dollars for one
>switches still cost hundreds of fucking dollars

Attached: 1532455369314.jpg (287x293, 16K)

If you just wanted to move people you could do that in a BRZ but that doesn't mean it makes for a good experience

because matx cases are largely a joke when you can get compact atx cases like nzxt h500 that are about the same size

if you want small you'd just go to itx these days, otherwise why compromise when you can have a full-size board and all the expansion slots they come with?

I fucking hate minivan drivers so god damn fucking much

If I had a button that would kill all redditors and another that would kill all minivan drivers, and I could only hit one, I would pick the minivan drivers.