Girls Are Discouraged: Linus Torvalds On Diversity

youtube.com/watch?v=XWqXR33Jq70

Attached: ms torvalds.jpg (640x427, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action#Criticism
businessinsider.com/infographic-tech-diversity-companies-compared-2017-8
waterwelders.com/swim-salary-how-much-do-underwater-welders-earn/),
truckdriverssalary.com/ats-trucking-pay-scale/)?
youtube.com/watch?v=EK-KOGh4cOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>its hard to find non-white men

he's been in rooms full of pajeet coders.. who's making him lie?

Why does encouraging women to get tech jobs trigger incels so much?

If they really cared, they'd already be there

tpbp

What a very narrow-minded, incel-like view of a complex problem

I fucking LOVE watching dumbass women who fell for the WoMeN In TeCh meme drop out of programming classes. Makes me hard AF.

There were a lot more women in tech in the 70s and 80s. It's almost as though when you bust glass ceilings, women do the things they actually want to do - like law and medicine, as opposed to tech and engineering.

I bet you love jerking your limp dick off alone too, incel.

You can download the code and work on it right now, they just don't care and it's ok

affirmative action is historically considered controversial for the following reasons:

"Critics of affirmative action offer a variety of arguments as to why it is counterproductive or should be discontinued. For example, critics may argue that affirmative action hinders reconciliation, replaces old wrongs with new wrongs, undermines the achievements of minorities, and encourages individuals to identify themselves as disadvantaged, even if they are not. It may increase racial tension and benefit the more privileged people within minority groups at the expense of the least fortunate within majority groups."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action#Criticism

Whatever you say. women suck at basic ass 101 programming. Even if white knight faggots like you help them with their assignments while they get the black dick.

Nobody fucking discourages womyn from going into math and science. Everyone is bombarded with propaganda bout strong womyn every fucking day. Can we stop this lie already?

Back to your containment board, incel.

I wish but there is always a limp wrist white knight who falls for the propaganda then comes here and tries to give real programmers shit as if any STEM feminists give a fuck.

because literally no one is stopping anyone from pursuing any career they want these days, trying to force people into programs they're not genuinely interested in is counterproductive

Attached: its-all-so-tiresome-8881488.png (500x478, 92K)

Over complicating a problem to make it white men's fault. What a libcuck-like view of a problem.

Whoever you masturbate to at night won’t fuck you bitch boy, back to Twitter.

I've had sex before, fucker.

Explain your position instead of attacking me.

>Linus Torvalds
who?

Attached: 1559494305630m.jpg (1024x777, 72K)

Rooms full of programmers are not full of white men. I guarantee the proportion of minorities in tech in america is greater than their proportion of the American population.

So, he is either ignorant or has some ulterior motive.

He has to say these things. Remember when he "took a vacation" from maintaining Linux for being too mean? Blame the trannies.

Attached: 453y4ew.gif (275x154, 1.83M)

kys retard

>linus is still b-b-based guys
His daughter brainwashed him. Don't delude yourself

confirmed
businessinsider.com/infographic-tech-diversity-companies-compared-2017-8

how is it complex? There is literally nothing stopping women from persuing anything they want these days.

>something something women
>something something incel
Grow up.

Attached: 60C760C9-6A54-4A8D-ABA3-DE574DBAA381.jpg (988x1059, 148K)

his daughters where a mistake. the older he has become, the more he has been taken advantage of by his daughters by them manipulating his feelings against him. if a guy calls you an idiot and tells you to stop acting like a retard and get your shit together for doing something brain dead retarded happens to discourage a women from wanting to freely, on their own free will, participate and work on a open source project then by god they shouldn't work in any group because they obviously have a wrong complex that can't handle someone calling them out on their bullshit. if you need your work environment to be some sort of fundamental christian, goody two-shoe environment where everyone holds hands, sing kumbaya, while praising a purple hair freak and talking about oppression of wahman by cis white men then something is horribly wrong with you and you need to seek proper mental health. do your fucking work, take pride in it, and when you do something retarded take the criticism and move on with your life by learning from it. don't want to be called a fucking idiot who needs to gas themselves, then do better.

Attached: 1556124616967.jpg (500x359, 11K)

Because it's not morally acceptable to say that just because you're a woman you should be encouraged to do something you're not naturally inclined to do.
Programmers are programmers, irrelevant of their genitals, skin, or whatever else. Encouraging non-programmers to become programmers is misleading in a way that's basically malicious.
>waste your time and money learning this thing because I told you so
>I told you so because of your identity, not based on your personal feelings, experience, or passion
Fuck that.

>Linus says something totally uncontroversial, Th Thread

the dude that runs that tech tips channel

If we want gender ratios to be fair in well-paid jobs, why aren't we encouraging women to go into underwater welding (waterwelders.com/swim-salary-how-much-do-underwater-welders-earn/), or long-haul driving (truckdriverssalary.com/ats-trucking-pay-scale/)? What is it about programming that makes all the activists want in?

to play she-devils advocate very intelligent women are often pigeonholed into supportive relationships to the boss fag who is actually the greatest dunce of the group. women just enjoy the workplace intrigue of working beneath men they can manipulate. IT and any technical field really requires separation of genders.

tech industry is the next big, hip popular thing to do. being an underwater welder isn't cool, nor hip. it can't "change the world." that and illegal mexicans should be doing that job anyways since its the jobs "americans won't do" because we grown upon blue collar jobs into today's society and tell everyone to go college, sadly.

Attached: price-gouging-comic1.png (1500x500, 84K)

Love how every single one of these threads has dumb incels chimping out against women, proving the point

oh no i agree with that. i'm a retail fag so i have personal life experience working in more women dominate fields. women, and fellow other women, are typically their own obstacle. in my current job, my department manager has me and other bro and we are considered, by her, her two good son's because the rest of the crew, all women, do nothing but give her a massive headache from the stupid level amount of drama they stir up.

If they really didnt want to be there, a few encouraging words wouldnt do much difference. Why wont you show your professional colleagues the bare minimal level of basic respect? Oh that's right, you're actually an unemployed parasite, albeit one with an unusually strong sense of entitlement to complain about people who actually work...

Attached: 1 Km5ePh-PowDohse3itJWRw.jpg (1600x798, 308K)

Do cuck soigrammers who show up in these threads screenshot their posts and DM them to girls they wish they could date?

have sex

I hope the (you)s you from all those losers are enough to answer your question

So why don't we pray for the souls of the Linux atheists and their gaylord leader, Mr. Torvalds

youtube.com/watch?v=EK-KOGh4cOI

>words on the internet ruined my career before i even tried

>cuck soigrammers
Please tell me you're not older than 14

Attached: wurst kot.png (1026x1026, 1.96M)

i woudlnt expect an economics illiterate communist nigger to understand the broken window fallacy

have sex

Yeah dude, you got us there, we all astroturf in an anonymous board for lib cred with the girls.

Good. FUCK women

your pic related is pathetic, why is the book open to some babby's first hello world fluff? why is half the pic some woman in front of a christmas tree?
I do respect competent female colleges because like the user you responded to said, they cared enough to put the effort in to be where they are.

oops, colleagues

Imagine being this mad at a dumb picture because there's a woman in it

I'm not even mad tho

Attached: huh.jpg (319x323, 46K)

>There were a lot more women in tech in the 70s and 80s
I thought this was a myth or misconception, and they were the equivalent of pajeets who did the repetitive, less intellectually-challenging work?

yeah fuck incels

Attached: 1541692925925.jpg (300x533, 39K)

>I-incels
No counterargument then, hilarious.

Perhaps Ballmer was right

>incel incel incel incel incel incel
is that the only thing you brain dead soiboi’s, trannies, and other liberal retards can come up with in response to anything you don’t like? Seems like projection to me, especially considering I HAD SEX earlier today.

exactly this. we're coming for you cis white men

Attached: 1558140622390.jpg (643x960, 34K)

Yeah I think this is far more likely the actually reason he has become like this. His daughter is a raving feminist.

Attached: images (79).jpg (853x224, 26K)

Some Finnish commie with commie parents

Do they feed you strawmen with the dragon dildos over at Jow Forums? Take it from someone who has actually worked development for many years: men arent exactly dreamy to work with either. A mixed environment is actually pretty damn good for keeping the drama to a reasonable level. I know this goes against the narratives you have been consuming on the internet, and this confuses you, which is why it is time for you to muster all your courage and brave out of le basement.

Attached: 49858602_224957758440019_3776398309277984562_n.jpg (480x480, 28K)

Giv qt frontend thot gf

>thinking they expect pussy as a reward
They are lower even than that. They do it for freem

have sex incel

As opposed to alt right incels who do it to reap the rewards of being hated by everyone around them?

It was mostly for data entry type stuff from what I know, but if so inclined, it was a base to go further.

have sex

Attached: 1555892031677.jpg (555x619, 109K)

what is it you desire?

I saved it from one of the numerous Jow Forums falseflags/recruiting threads that Jow Forums is drowned with every fucking day. Which means that it was cherrypicked off of twatter by some stormnigger for this specific purpose.

Since I've work in tech, with women, for many many years, I know with a fair amount of certainty that 95%+ of women in tech do not post pics of themselves working on twatter, they just go to work, every day, like everyone else.

The fact that you and all your Jow Forumstard comrades-in-shitposting are not unaware of this confirms the obvious: that you've never worked in tech, and most likely never worked a day in your lives.

Attached: japan-hosts-air-group-top-10-2017.png (752x541, 500K)

I long for nothing, why

where is the barrier to entry? what stops women and brazilians sitting in front of a piece of e-waste running linux and learning how to program from the same literature as the rest of us?

Makes sense. When I heard about those statistics they seemed dubious to me in the same way the media claims women make up the majority of gamers (technically correct, but does not represent the whole picture)

Mean words

what is the objective of your activism?

They must have really tortured the fuck out of him on his recent vacation-style treatment. He's a completely different person now.

When you were a kid, if you saw another kid being encouraged to do something, did you feel it was completely unfair and a travesty of justice? Did you complain to the teacher, or to mom and dad? Did you point out that either everyone must receive equal encouragement at all times, or else the system is profoundly rigged and corrupt?

Attached: chris.jpg (500x400, 38K)

There is a big difference between encouraging and affirmative action.

Shitposting on an image board is not activism, unless you're 60 years old, visit Jow Forums and fall for Qanon

Attached: 65wpccryz5o21.png (633x283, 18K)

It's not the fact that they are encouraging women, it is the fact they denigrate white men while they do it.

Yeah, the difference is that only one of them accomplishes anything

Errata:
"Encouragement" should be read as "constantly and forever nagging everyone else to do... something not actually even disclosed; with concerted attempts at life-ruination if you so much as question said nagging".

>What is it about programming
1. It is a relatively comfortable skill that can be learned by virtually anyone. It is physically risk-free, unlike diving or manual labour.
2. Most women in tech work in teams or around other people; this satisfies their need for social life. Long-haul trucking, despite camaradery (and even because of camaradery, which women cannot into), would not satisfy this need.
3. A woman in tech will be surrounded by stuttering autists fawning over her on a daily basis. Conversations and drama will gravitate around her, whether she likes it (likely) or not.

I hope you can see why programming might seem like an attractive choice for women. To be honest, I think it's actually quite suitable. Like the weaving and fabric factories of old, women could be employed as programmers in a similar way we outsource rudimentary code jobs to pajeets. It would be preferable in any case, as those wages would feed back into the local economy, and the employer would have better oversight and quality control at the cost of handing out Western salaries.

so you want to murder the 100 fascists in the us? state your goals and methods

For women it seems to happen at around age 15-16. That's when test scores between the sexes diverge a lot and they choose not to go into STEM subjects. Not exactly sure why though

He asked a simple question, and instead of answering it, you just asked a retarded question. I honestly hope you're just collecting (You)'s at this point.

try as i might, i have never been able to get a female to show even a flicker of interest in programming

You're right, I should've specified as Women (Male)

Attached: ret.png (154x154, 71K)

>3. A woman in tech will be surrounded by stuttering autists fawning over her on a daily basis. Conversations and drama will gravitate around her, whether she likes it (likely) or not.

I've never had this happen in any of the places I worked with. What the fuck.

I assume it's because you (and most men in tech in general) are semi-repulsive. Maybe they would show more interest if the men started taking better care of themselves.

predictable assumptive post

Well maybe you could, you know, wine about affirmative action without spreading cancer and cherrypicked twatter posts from vapid 'influencers' on Jow Forums, pretending that they represent the average IT worker. Maybe you could take it to social media, which is already cancerous.

Too bad you're a fucking zoomer. Social media influencers is all that you know and consume. Well there's the problem. It isnt women. It's the faggots and whores on youtube and twitter you chose to devote your sad life to following.

Attached: f6f33fpr9nu21.jpg (640x765, 54K)

i haven't seen any actual answers so i'll ask again: what is the barrier to entry? what's preventing them from programming?

Attached: CGmgSQmUQAAYMWh.jpg (1200x791, 130K)

Nice to see Linus is still around after getting a big CoC shoved up his butthole

have sex incels!
can I get some (you)s now?

Themselves

As young women they're more interested in getting herpes from Chad than sitting up autistically learning about computers. So they skip it in their formative years when brain plasticity is highest, and are left at a disadvantage.

Social pressure. People largely go along with similar things to what their peers do and if virtually none of your friends are doing nerd shit then you are so much less likely to. That's why the encouragement efforts are necessary despite incel sperglord tantrums

Maybe you should complain about that then. But yet again, it's mostly a tiny minority of vapid influencers who would actually denigrate white men. I'm a white man. Against conventional knowledge in your clique of retards, I actually dont take kindly to being denigrated for being white, including from fellow progressives. It isnt very common. It's a fringe position, albeit one that is systematically cherry picked and copypastad by various stormniggers who yearn to freely say the N-word and receive Jesus rewards in afterlife.

Attached: kv0dpxkmmew21.jpg (750x704, 84K)