So, what is the current voodoo magic ritual for keeping these alive as long as possible?

So, what is the current voodoo magic ritual for keeping these alive as long as possible?

Attached: 1200-87318463-battery-or-accumulator-phone.jpg (1200x728, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

by not using it

not helps, my devises alweys connected to charder, but battary become dead after 2 years

Just don't turn off, always sleep

discharge completely twice a month.

>ssd

The absolute state of this board

Low quality batteries die fast. Good ones can last 1000 cycles.

this

Attached: FIX_BATTERY.png (780x436, 628K)

>my devises alweys connected to charder
Just take the battery off and store it somewhere.

40-90
-

don't charge more than 60%

battary required for turn on

shove it up your ass to warm it up to body temperature every time you charge it

turn it on then disconnect it then, duh

bend them regularly

>my devises alweys connected to charder
Found your problem.

As a joke, I'll pretend you're someone from apple trying to implement features to extend the life of your devices batteries.

The simple answer:
By keeping them at a 70% SOC at all times.
Here's a semi-preferable answer, I have a laptop with a 40Wh battery, and a 94Wh external battery pack that constantly feeds into the main battery
I can leave, and in the time my laptop would usually discharge 2.25 times over, it remains at 100% SOC the whole time.
I then take it home, plug in the external battery to a wall outlet, and first it passes through to the laptop to charge it if needed, then the battery pack charges itself.
This drastically reduces the number of charge cycles to at worst 1/3rd the usual rate, and at best, indefinitely, if the external pack is never depleted, and the laptop always stays at 100%.

This still isn't perfect, what would be perfect would be if the laptop only ever charged up to 70%, then stayed there, using only external power. This is much better than it remaining at 100% all the time.
You will notice that hybrid cars do this, they will siphon power off the engine to get their batteries to 70%, then, let them stay there for as long as possible.
They use NiMh, not Li-ion, but same theory, different chemicals
Cont

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

An ideal feature I'd love to see in phones, especially those with non-removable batteries (In my line of work, once a sealed device has been opened it is no longer considered informationally safe), would be a "Battery lifespan extension" feature.
Basically, have the phone stop charging at 70%, and have it get real pissy and ask to be charged at 20%. This range would then be the new 100% and 0%. Emergency features, like emergency calls or emergency video and photo recording could use up the last (real) 20%, but nothing else.
Also, even when plugged into a fast charger, or any wireless charger, fast or not, make sure to trickle charge the thing. If you've got all night, there's no need to fast charge in 90 minutes.
Have a button on screen saying "Battery lifespan extension mode active, gentle charging active, tap here to enable fast charge"

This shit is exactly what fucking tesla's do out of the factory, because tesla knows letting you use 100% of the REAL capacity will cost them a fortune in warranty replacements.
Thus, you wanna use the whole 100%, you pay an extra $10k to cover the warranty costs.

In a phone with this as an optional feature, you still get to advertise the longest battery life from going from 100% to 0%, but you get to turn your device into something that might last 18 months into something that can easily last four years.

If someone only uses between 30-50% of their battery each day, there's no reason they need to be going from 100%-70% or 100%-50%, it'd me much gentler if they just went from 70% to 40% or 70% to 20%.

This is the secret, and this is how I implement the BMS in all my products.

Two things:
>heat
Heat kills it. Try to keep it below 35C when charging. Basically anytime it's above 40C it's being damaged.
>voltage
They like to be kept around 40-70% charge. 40-50% for long term storage. 40 is ideal. Most new phones come with a 50% charge so they can afford to lose some charge while sitting in a warehouse. If you have a current gen phone with fast charge keep it between 40 and 70. The stupid thing to do is charge to 100 then down to 0 over a few days.

Why do you type like a caveman?

And dont use less than 50%

Don’t discharge it below 30% and don’t charge it up more than 70%. They will last decades if you follow this advice.

Batteries are consumables. Always make sure the devices you use have easily replaceable batteries. Besides that has the right idea. Batteries are chemical and susceptible to changes in environment. How and why changes with the type. Keep lithium and alkaline out of heat and moisture.

do not use a fast charger, the heat destroys the cell. They chould be charged at 4.2 volts, fast chargers charge them at 9 or 12 volts.
do not store them fully charged. if its not going to be used for weeks or more then charge them to 70%.

That would be extremely painful

You're a big guy

For u OwO

nope

>They chould be charged at 4.2 volts, fast chargers charge them at 9 or 12 volts.
Nigga that's not how it works.
Your usual USB charger gives the device up to 5V at 2A, 5V*2A=10W.
However, in your phone, this gets dropped down to 4.2V maximum, usually less.
So when your batteries at 3.7v, your phone will give it 3.9v to encourage it to charge.
As the battery fulls up, its voltage increases, the voltage your phone provides will also increase, so when the battery's at 3.9v, it'll jump the voltage up to 4.1v
Eventually, it'll get to 4.2v, and stay at 4.2v until the battery's also at 4.2v, and stops drawing current. This is when it's charged.
Ah, Current!
So with a 5V2A power supply, the device has 10 watts to play with.
At 4 volts, nearing the end of the charge, that'll be 10w/4v, or 2.5 amps.
At 3.7v, midway through the charge, that's 10w/3.7v, or 2.7 amps.
Now, if you take that 10 watt charger, and replace it with a 30 watt charger, one that goes to 15v at 2 amps, you have 15v*2A=30 Watts
You can't really go above 2 Amps before cables start melting and connectors start burning, so they crank up the voltage while leaving the amps the same.
Inside your phone this doesn't matter, because it uses big thick battery wires and solid connectors, but for a microUSB/USB C cable this is a problem.
Now your phone's getting 30 watts, and charging at 3.7V, that's 30w/3.7v=8 fucking amps
This is the problem.
A battery would rather be charged at 2.7 amps than at 8.
More amps, more heat.
Shit's gonna heat up
Heat kills batteries.

Limiting your charger to 5v2A will help keep your phone cool, but don't think for a second the battery will ever be given more than 4.2 volts, ever. Your phone just converts, and chargers use more voltage to get more power for your phone to play with.

The more you know.

Nice macbook bro

There's no way, you either let it die or make them be all the time between retarded percents, and wich point is useless, since you are already using them as if their life was shorter they are designed to fail, that's way you can't change them from your phone anymore, if you really need the battery buy a portable charger

Factually correct.

Are you trying to speak English or cast a spell?

microwave for 15sec every other week

Keep charge below 20% and make sure to always completely drain them before recharging. Thank me later.

50% charge, in a plastic bag with desiccant, and left in a nice cool place like unused basement.

>nod helbs, my devises alweys gonnegded do charder, bud baddary begome dead afder dwo years

Attached: enjoy this Messiah Marcolin spurdo since I was too lazy to search for a regular spurdo.png (600x754, 244K)

Don't listen to this guy this creates crystal meth

Practically - keep it as close as possible to 80% charge, avoid high temperatures.

this
always keeps it at 100% and always plug in the charger.

Don't take it out of its box

using low current and a good charge/discharge ritm. my opo still lasts more than a day on 1 charge after 5 years. exceptions aside, i always charge my phone using de usb of my turned off desktop which has low current. it takes approx. 8 hours from 0-100%.the battery doesn't even get warm. then after unplugging, i charge it again if the battery is

FP - as always - BP.

Attached: 1439710047999.jpg (474x352, 29K)