Why are people using windows 10 although windows 7 is still better?

why are people using windows 10 although windows 7 is still better?

Attached: 1549593967545.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O1O4naV7Ruw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

7 is better if you like vulnerabilities.

10 is comfy with how good it is.

Fact: you're wrong.

youtu.be/O1O4naV7Ruw

What utter shit.
>Let's not tell you what these files are or what Windows was doing with them; just watch me hit delete!

Windows 10 does regular maintenance. Windows 7 just lets all the shit pile up until you have no space.

Dx12 for Gaymes

I'm talking about the video quality. That guy is terrible.

Microsoft put a lot of effort into forcing/tricking people into upgrading. Most users were not tech literate enough to avoid it.
Additionally, most retailers now only sell machines with Win10 (aside from Apple/Google stuff). Your average consumer does not really think of a device's OS as being a choice.

>Your average consumer does not really think of a device's OS as being a choice.
The number of installs of Vista/8/8.1 show this to be false. People do avoid the shitty Windows for the good ones.

Convenience, practically pushed down your throat everywhere too.

Because you faggots still parrot this with no evidence to back it up. Old reused trash arguments, as expected from Jow Forums niggers.

>The number of installs of Vista/8/8.1
The average person buying a computer did not go out of their way to install an older OS onto a new machine.
Upgraded installs are up because MS has learned that shit people don't need HAS to be forced onto them. Why would people upgrade from a normal operating system to an advertisement platform that takes control away from you and constantly uploads info to MS on how you use it?

There's a reason the upgrade thing was a controversy.

honestly i'm gonna end it here: use 10 if you want an inconsistent flat UI, and use 7 if you want a mostly-consistent aero UI, at the end of the day you're gonna be doing the same shit with whatever you choose so you might as well pick whatever visually fits your tastes. if you don't really care about this then go with 10 as it has a longer life, but if you just wanna use 7 that's fine too vro, if it works it works but keep in mind it has a shorter life, realistically prob 5 years left and that's being slightly optimistic. maybe dx12 might be appealing if you're a gaymer so that's another pro of 10

when the time comes just move to win 8.1 w/ classic shell, and whenever that dies just use linux or even mac os if you really hate win10 that much. for comforts sake though i'll always prefer win7 the same way i'll always dearly love winxp even if it isn't practical to use these days in any way

idk why people care about it that much honestly like bruh if you like win10 use win10 and if you don't then just use win7 until the wheels fall off. it's like goin out with bill cosby ur just gonna get fucked in the end anyway

Attached: dogthinkin.jpg (960x960, 134K)

I have w10 on desktop and w7 on laptop, and w10 is more sleek and snappy. Especially if you "rice" (through options) and get rid of nonsense like stuff in the start menu.

I know. Was laughing so much seeing him get swatted and trying to argue with the cops.

why would anyone use windows 7 instead of linux? 10 is obviously for gayming

Prebuilts come with it.

Some people have something better than a 768p C2D notebook.

why are people using windows although linux is still better?

Because people are fucking forced to use 10, usually by lack of driver support for the newest hardware.
For example, if you want to use Intel's 8th or 9th gen CPU (not sure why you would want to, but you do you) you'd better have a motherboard with a Z370 chipset, otherwise you won't have any USB whatsoever.

Windows 10 is better.

I've been playing around with Windows 10 on a test laptop for the time when I eventually have to look at migrating. By putting the LTSC build onto it (no feature updates, Cortana, MS Store or any of that crap), then using Open Shell (formerly Classic Shell) to replace the Start Menu, Blackbird or ShutUp10 to nuke the spyware, ONE (OldNewExplorer) to remove the ribbon from Windows Explorer, and Windows Update MiniTool to gain control over the updates, it was just about usable once I'd finished.
Pity that you need to fuck around so much to get Windows 10 into a usable state (and using a pirated build due to M$ not selling LTSC to mortals), while Windows 7 manages all of the above out of the box, but oh well.
I'll still be sticking with Windows 7 on my main machine for as long as I can. It will probably be 5 more years before I'll be forced to migrate anyway.

minimum fps are better on 10

cause i cant install 7 on my lappy. thats the only reason

LTSC + tuning Group policy settings by yourself is more than enough, everything else you posted is another case of "old thing good new thing bad".

Because people seem to think that when support for 7 ends any computer still running windows 7 will spontaneously burst into flames

>everything else you posted is another case of "old thing good new thing bad"
I won't deny it, it's more about personal preference.

7 wasn't compatible with my new hardware.

Attached: 15885322.jpg (400x386, 36K)

Windows 10 is actually better.
People who refuse to upgrade claim Windows 7 is better, but that's because they're refusing to experience 10.

then install LTSC 2019

Attached: W10_Process_Beauty_r2.jpg (2560x1920, 1.94M)

What are the advantages?

it's the Windows 10 that we should have gotten
bloat is minimal
botnet can easily be disabled
you only get quality and security updates
no feature updates that might break things

fpbp and /thread

>botnet can easily be disabled
yeah right

>lappy

My graphics driver doesn't works on windows 7, so I have to use LTSC, but windows 7 is still better desu

Attached: acc.png (438x544, 198K)

Here are the specs: a portable 42lb, 2mb hard drive, 5min battery life, 512k ram, several color monitor.

if 7 were better than 10
then more people would be using it
both are shit though.
it's like how solid shits are "better" than diarrhea.

Make a win7 usb recovery drive in 5 clicks, oh wait

10 is better than 7 but it is full blown botnet

That's a big cat

oculus support is the only reason i'm using it

The reason I didn't switch to Windows 10 was autism (both mine and Microsoft's).

I did not object to MS writing or selling an operating system. I didn't object to them offering a way to switch to 10 from your current version of Windows. What I objected to was how desperately they tried to *force* you into switching. Their GWX program rivaled actual malware in how persistent it was.

I practically live "in cyberspace" so when this unwanted piece of software tried to repeatedly force its way in to MY personal domain, it made me angry. And I took it personally.

I know I'll have to switch to it eventually. But I'm going to drag my feet for as long as possible. And even then I'm still going to keep my 7 installed on a separate disk, because apparently 10 broke some backwards compatibility with older software, and I don't want to risk it.

Windows is malware