ITT: Shit Connectors

ITT: Shit Connectors

Attached: 1557648430186.png (700x250, 478K)

Attached: 1543066413250.png (480x402, 113K)

Attached: IMG_20190601_095944.jpg (1124x1170, 132K)

Attached: molex.jpg (425x425, 17K)

those are fine if they're crimped, it's the injection moulded ones that'll set your pc on fire

USB-C is the best connector in decades

You can already see how ready one of those pins is to get misaligned and pop out.

Attached: 300px-SCART_20050724_002.jpg (300x225, 15K)

How many scratches on the back of your TV do you like

Attached: gfBngQA.jpg (1024x641, 157K)

That's just Apple being a shit and skimping on proper strain relief in favor of aesthetics.

>tears up your fingers
>needs to be EXACTLY PARALLEL to the plug on the TV or it won't screw on
Fuck these things. Glad cable television is pretty much dead and OTA content is too shitty to justify going back to an antenna. Cable modems are the only time I encounter these pieces of crap.

Attached: F_Connector_Side.jpg (3096x2064, 1.32M)

I hate those things so god damn much.

It's not just the strain relief but the garbage eco-friendly plastic that disintegrates within a year, generating even more waste by its limited lifespan.

Why though?
Those big shits were durable as fuck and could connect any TV to any device

That's because you don't crimp your own you pleb, there are nicer connectors with larger flat areas making it easier to screw in by hand. OTA is still a thing too. As someone who also crimps their own ethernet, that stuff is more of a pain.

Why can't we use this for HDTV?

Attached: Metal-female-and-male-M16-connector-GX16.jpg_300x300.jpg (300x300, 26K)

We can, but we mustn't. DOCSIS 3.1 is a thing, a very ugly thing.

Attached: image031.jpg (324x220, 17K)

How is this not standardized yet?

I'm glad of that, I could just unplug the HDD access diode's cable in two seconds and be done when the binking light started annoying me.

You posted the wrong picture there, user.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2560x2560, 174K)

God fuck these things
I have some coax that actually addresses the shitty screw on default ones and are easy to screw in because of it.

Any decent manufacturer will add a header with labels that you can slide everything into before sliding the whole thing on the board. Not ideal but not difficult.

absolute units

What do these get used for?

FUCKING MOLEX

Every proprietary cell phone charging cable before micro-USB

I'll just leave this here.

Attached: final destination.jpg (225x225, 15K)

>new technology comes out that's way better than anything else before it
>Jow Forums still hates it because it's new and no other reason
Boomers everyone.

Because RF video quality is shit.

>he fell for it

kys zoomer

XL-XLR

its more durable than Micro B but comes out with the smallest force..

connectors are fine its the cable that's shit
I'd actually prefer a lightning connector on my S8 because it holds in better that USB-C but that's never gonna happen. Lightning connector has nothing wrong with it.

unironically fuck usb-c, those ports get so fucked so fast and nothing ever holds its connection properly

>cable = connector

Attached: numb.jpg (508x480, 42K)

I know OTA is still a thing. The problem is (in my area at least) that there is nearly fuck all to watch on television that doesn't cater to bored boomers or stay-at-home hispanic moms.

I got a usb-c phone when they were new. The port broke after 2 years. I couldn't charge my phone anymore and had to get a new one. Kind of disappointing, but micro-USB isn't very durable either.

Salty americlao is mad because he has to buy 100$ PVM to get rgb when EuroChad can just pick up whatever for free.

Gigabyte mobos have a connector that you can put all your front panel connectors inside and that entire thing plugs into the board, which is very nice.

ALL FLEX CABLES ARE CANCER

Don't talk shit about birds.

Only retards have this problem.

That one is garbage, but this one fits 100% of the time in the right position without no effort.

Attached: co-axial-cable-500x500.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>Recessed coax female
What kind of evil fuck would do this? It's almost like it's designed to need a special tool.

What? I'm using it right now.

Not related at all.

Attached: septic pipe.jpg (753x900, 211K)

based

Yes. Because only retards buy Apple's shit tier cables this many times in a row.

>he can't connect a coax properly

Attached: 5-Pack-2-Ports-USB-3-0-Female-Hub-Screw-to-Motherboard-19-20pin-cable-With[1].jpg (500x500, 47K)

Yes, what a piece of shit. I had a USB head that was fucked for some reason, it would disconnect and reconnect all the fucking time.

second most flimsiest port/connector

Attached: snapshot20090324041806.png (704x396, 250K)

I pulled the fucking plastic cover off the motherboard. Nobody told me I had to pry the fucking thing off with a screwdriver before pulling the connector off.

Yes, I've tried "wiggling" it side to side. When I got the cable out I had plenty of space to try and get the fucking cover off with a pair of pliers. That didn't work either. I'd like to see the dumbfuck who decided to put a pair of plastic teeth on the inside that can't be disconnected easily.

I broke my motherboard header too friend

Do you remember this boys?

Attached: pol_pl_Oryginalny-Kabel-AUDIO-muzyczny-Sony-Ericsson-MMC-70-Fast-Port-Do-wiezy-1050_3.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

*refuses to come out*

Attached: O8mMO.jpg (640x480, 55K)

dear lord
delete this!

Those 8-pin ATX12v ones are worse because the fucking mobo makers always jam them up in the corner of the board where they're impossible to fucking get your hands on if the mobo is in a case with a heatsink installed

youre giving me flashbacks, i cant update my ps3 because the bluray clip that uses this broke

>How is this not standardized yet?
it is though, shits the same on all boards

i mean once you memorise the order or read it its easy. building in shit cases though makes you angry when you put them in last

happened to me on a $1000 motherboard, i was scared shitless for a second

Attached: fuck you its my connector now nom nom nom.jpg (3024x4032, 876K)

i have a gen 2 connector on my mobo but ive literally never used the connector ever. I wonder how good it is

It's French, what do you expect...

WAIT TIL YOU SEE THE

Aw shit, here we go again...

Attached: images.jpg (275x184, 9K)

Attached: S14NN50-large.jpg (750x519, 35K)

That’s not how you spell micro usb.

What's wrong with that?

Recently used these tiny little cutes to wire up some chinklights. They are hilarious in a way just relying on the elasticity of plastic and tensioned by pushback from the other side of the rocker. But yeah ppl gonna die idk if it matters desu.

Attached: mains-rated.png (474x389, 163K)

Pure evil.

one of these broke my z77 memertooth
tuf my ass

Everything

when you know just enough to do damage, you use these

Attached: quick-splice-wire-connector.jpg (800x800, 46K)

>dollar sign after the number

Absolutely based connector.

why?

>connector which may support a whole bunch of different interfaces or maybe just one is a good idea
>connector whose almost identically looking cables may support a number of those interfaces.... or not, is a good idea
>tiny connector with TWENTY FUCKING VOLTS flowing through it is a good idea
Illiterate /v/toddlers the lot of you.

Attached: 719b7b96c64743a4f60844c3f1683d665d3c09ae897abb04d991e3602a487ac9.png (349x427, 168K)

i agree, why they didnt standardise it harder is beyond me. the fact that you need to buy special cables to ensure they have the right resistance is retarded

The what? A huge stab mark on the left?

It's getting similar with my first generation pixel, but i'm hoping it was just a quirk of a first generation product.

Fucking fuck this shit so bad.

Bent pins

>thinking volts matter when its actually current that matters for connector size
And you have the tenacity to call other people Illiterate

Back in the days when USB keyboard wasn't the norm and we still used ball mouse it was common for me to see clients replacing motherboard because of broken ps/2 ports

You guys are just retarded. Retard strength is the only reason I can think of to physically break an USB-C port. I bought one of the first USB-C devices (Nexus 6p) in 2015 and the connector works fine to this day. Same goes with all devices that I bought after that, including motherboards, chargers, laptops and power banks.

Protocol support on the other hand is a complete clusterfuck.

My front panel usb 3.0 kept intermittently failing because for the longest time I didn't realize you could snap these in place. The thing would fall out every time you nudged the pc.

That and vcc shunting back down the data and clock lines when some chucklefuck decides to hotplug a decidedly-not-hotpluggable connector.

These ones.

Attached: (((Berg)))-Connector.jpg (449x391, 92K)

why didnt they just get a usb to ps2 adapter?

"temerity"

THis devil connector can die in hell

Attached: this.gif (400x266, 567K)

My fucking god, this piece of garbage.
Worst thing is, every SCART cable I've ever owned had the cable going in at an angle, and SOMEHOW it was always going in the wrong direction.

Weak s o i fag. Those are solid connectors

OP's penis