HP boss: Intel shortages are steering our suited customers to buy AMD

>Intel CPU shortages
>Intel 40+ hardware security vulnerabilities
>Intel no longer performance leader

theregister.co.uk/2019/06/04/hp_intel_shortages_amd/

"With the Windows 7 refresh cycles forecast to run and run, Intel's protracted CPU shortage is sending conservative corporate enterprise buyers into the arms of AMD – or so says HP Inc's CEO."

Is this the perfect trifecta for AMD?

Attached: 1558029589383.png (1920x1150, 129K)

Attached: INTELAVIVTURDED.jpg (1800x3381, 1.89M)

>inb4 intel convinces microsoft to keep supporting windows 7 for free
based intel

>shortages
LOL I think that retard manager is doing a bit of damage control. Intel went from owning 90% of the data enter market at the beginning of 2018 to owning 10% of it now.

Intel’s cool and stuff if you want Israelis poking around your system and using it to mine bitcoins when you’re afk but businesses have had enough of their kikeyshines.

Yea it's because of "shortages"
>least computers sold in years
>most people realize they can upgrade every few years instead of yearly
>all the sudden have shortages
ok

Another mummy development

Attached: BodyEditor_20190506_002515886.jpg (3416x1920, 3.93M)

I think the talk is about workstations. Intel concentrated on making high marginal HCC chips with low yields, that's why there's a shortage of workstation CPUs. It's funny that HP even expected intel to not fuck them over.

Attached: INTURDSLOW.png (859x556, 3.65M)

The entire world would benefit if Intel goes under, prove me wrong.

Dayum! Momma's thicc.

Seething rypoo gaymers thinking this will somehow make up for them getting lower FPS in their games than on a comparable intel system.

Feels good not falling for SHITel products. Pozzed cucks with buyer's remorse eternally seething.

Why can't Intlul stop being pozzed

> Intel went from owning 90% of the data enter market at the beginning of 2018 to owning 10% of it now.
[citation needed]

these shortages were not due to sales but fabrication issues. i dont believe intel planned to stay on 14nm for so long, not according to their roadmap and delays. their chipsets and all cpus for the past few years have all been on 14nm. this is why they regressed some of their chipsets back to 22nm.
theres some good articles you can find on google that go much more in depth, but yeah its not due to sales. engineering issues

> HP boss: Intel shortages are steering our suited customers to buy AMD
> Also HP boss: Intel gib bribes again

Intel 10nm superpower 2020

Attached: 1559743470733.png (426x146, 35K)

>People buy AMD when they have no other option
Really makes you think

Not AMD's fault Intel's 10nm is shit forever.

>1488
based

intel finished and gassed

Sales don't matter

This the India superpower 2020 meme all over again. Incels confirmed for shitting in the streets.
Well meme'd user.

Bought an Intel cpu a few months ago and runs still runs amazing. Not sure where these fake news downgrades are coming from.

for home use, 90% chance it wont effect you. you can disable any security patches that might be forced on you by windows or what not.
still, they are real. it just mostly effects servers or workstation scenarios where security is a concern that cant be ignored.
bigger issue is what is still to come. intel seems to have foregone security in favor of speed. silicon level attacks are still new; theyve been theoretical for a long time but now its practical.

it doesn't matter. i'm sure my boss will buy another truck of intel-based computers later this year despite everything i told him in our last 5 meetings.

This

I don't get why AMDrones spin the HP boss statements

>"It's hard to change commercial behaviour because for the longest time Intel has done an incredible job in the commercial space of selling the value proposition of Intel. And in many cases, it may be a superior product," Weisler said.

Also
>Intel has failed to match supply with demand since August: it was caught out by the delays of shifting production to 10nm and high orders from cloud providers that are beefing up their infrastructure.

But according to AMDrones Intel is finished and every Fortune 500 company out there are buying Epycs (lol)

definitely overreacting, doesnt matter how bad intel does now, they are not finished. their pockets might as well be endless.
that being said, epyc is a significant blow to intel, far more so than ryzen is. security flaws actually matter in server space so intel might be hurting here for a bit till they can roll out a new architecture with hardware fixes

>being this mad intel is finished

I'm considering an AMD CPU. There's no bullshit like certain programs being incompatible, right? Assuming I'm using Windows.

>There's no bullshit like certain programs being incompatible
no, nothin like that. for general home use, either intel or AMD are pefectly fine. youll wanna wait a month though, zen2 is launching july 7th. so far they seem like behemoths in gaming, productivity and price/performance

I'm waiting for black Friday, actually. What I've got right now is fine, but really old.

oh, yeah plenty of time then. intel will be releasing their overclocked/binned 9900k by then as well, though that does seem a bit like smoke and mirrors.

It's nice that there's finally some competition.

They've even been porting their fabs back to 14nm
10 was clearly such a monumentsl failure it set iIntel back a full 2 years on profitability.

yup. we'd probably still be on 4 core chips with 6 core chips still being $1k. current situation is as good as its gonna get probably; cpu technology has advanced rapidly in the past 3 years

Corporate enterprise buyers are buying workstations not servers.

This article is sensationalist misquoting garbage lmao, AMD workstations literally don't exist.

>servers don't exist

Attached: tripshit2.png (1000x500, 415K)

>buying new hardware just to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10
Corporate America is retarded.

Attached: 1456549371955.jpg (640x633, 87K)

I've personally been involved in some of this. Generally the machines that are being replaced are well out of warranty anyway and running on spinning rust, some are 5-6 years old or older, so worth the upgrade. Don't worry, it just means cheap refurb HP ProDesk and Dell Optiplex on eBay for us.

This, anyone implying that AMD is in trouble doesn't realize they just stole nearly the entire server market from Intel for the foreseeable future. Consumer processors will be just the icing on the cake and GPUs are small time compared to the market they just won.

If AMD utilizes the head start they have now, instead of sitting on their ass like Intel did, they will leave them in the dust.

>If AMD utilizes the head start they have now, instead of sitting on their ass like Intel did, they will leave them in the dust.
they seem to be making the best of it. theyve been getting contracts and deals with huge players. if all these big shots adopt amd now, its very likely theyll stay on that platform for the next 5-10 years, much like it is with intel now

>antisemitism in Germany

Attached: 8fa.jpg (183x232, 12K)