I've decided I can't handle being an average wagie and want to become an IT Chad

I've decided I can't handle being an average wagie and want to become an IT Chad.

What is the EASIEST programming language to learn and get a 50k+ job with?

Attached: gb4z3y3y00231.jpg (1125x1115, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goatse.ru/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Javascript seems to be where all the stupid people in programming go.

Right so I should avoid it unless I want to turn out like you

/thread

Java is where pajeets go, so it is full

Well, you asked for the path of least resistance. Javascript is fairly easy to learn and has a ton of job offerings. A large majority of the javascript programmingers are morons, so the changes of being better than average are pretty good.

No reason to be upset, friendo.

I'm OP, not that guy. Do you currently work with Javascript?

Haskell.

No, I don't. I made my comment based on the fact that javascript is not particularly difficult while also having more job offerings than almost every other language.

You'd honestly be better off just getting some certs and going the route of IT support (inhouse for a business, not fucking phone help desk like a tard for the local ISP) and going to sysadmin or network engineer or something.
General way is: comptia A + (don't get the cert, skip most of the stuff like "this is a cat 6 cable, look at the end of it, now look at how many pins is on the motherboard, isn't it amazing!" because the majority of it is rote learning but it's helpful if you have little experience - should take you about 2 weeks full time, give or take a week on how much you know already - look for online sample tests, ignore questions like "how many pins does a... have" - you're focusing on stuff like "Printer is down, how fix?".
Get a laptop with 8gb of ram and... whatever, doesn't matter or a desktop - you'll want enough for virtualization for playing with loonix and/or setting up networks for playing with. Aim to get your CCNA + some microsoft server shit. Or your RHCSA and Network+ from Comptia- depending on what you want, Loonix or Network admin/engineer.
Word of warning, no idea how the MS certs are, they updated them or something, you'll focus on Windows Server mostly + networking

Also you'll have to lie on your CV/interviewing about having worked customer service or something to get in the door. Have fun ^__^

Why do people say that? I'm curious since I've only ever used Powershell which isn't programming really.
Isn't Javascript pretty much saturated and nearly all the jobs I see for web dev is "give CS degree" because for some reason HR thinks "science = code monkey"

Thanks for the replies. Definitely good to get actual IT certs too. My dream is working in a trendy office on large projects (though I know that's a long way away.)

I just want to be that guy who sorts shit out, gets paid well and goes home. Solving interesting problems.

Is Linux experience very important? I have a 2013 16GB ram i7 laptop that should be able to run a vm/

Attached: z315qbu0yt131.jpg (960x640, 117K)

16GB is more than enough to set up a small network to test stuff out if you want to get the CCNA.

Linux isn't important unless you're going to aim to use it, whether that's being a sysadmin who focuses on Linux (eg get the RHCSA) or just going to networking and getitng used to a terminal

Just a word of caution: RHCSA is a hands on test. While it's definitely difficult, it is fairly nice to have if you're aiming to get Linux.

Also definite "large projects" and "trendy office". Because ou sound like you want a startup and you can usually bullshit your way into them with some IT buzzwords and be an IT admin. With that said, there's a world of difference between being "the sysadmin at a 50 person business" and being "one of many IT admins at a corporate business with 5000 people". Mainly the latter has an admin or two for each thing and there's way, way less freedom

I'd like to really build a project/product and deliver it. I couldn't handle doing monotonous work in a large corporate, I interned at an accounting department and holy shit that was depressing.

IT guy again, OP.
You could also just learn Wordpress and work on small businesses that have no websites/outdated ones and offer to update them.

It's not as technical (unless you want it to be) as building a site from scratch but it's reasonably good money - a guy I used to work with used WordPress for our business site (reasonably large gym chain) and left because he was freelancing making like 3-8 a month. But that's slightly harder since you have to source your own leads but it's very viable if you live in a reasonably populous area, like a major city

I still don't understand - are you talking about programming and developing some software or physically designing a network and taking care of several hundred desktops because you're saying two conflicting things: you want to be the dude that troubleshoots and fixes but also want to make stuff. IT departments don't build computers - we buy them from vendors in bulk, like 50ish computers every 3-4 years when warranty runs out. Yeah we open them to fix them if needed but it's not like I'm sitting down crawling pcpartpicker to pick out processors and motherboards to build everyone a desktop

Programming side, that's why I made the thread! Web design seems like a hard field to break into since it appears quite accessible...

Attached: 4p21Ohi.png (417x517, 208K)

FORTRAN. Ton of jobs.

Oh okay well no, web design isn't that hard to break into if you're social enough to make connections in person and go to meet ups, etc.

The problem is it's "hard" to do it if you live in a third world country and have to rely on upwork or fiverr or whatever the fuck is the newest and best site Samir from India is offering to "do the needful to provide you super level supporting app for Android and iOS and Windows, 100% success and joy your way!"

If you live in any large city in a first world country and aren't a complete autist, you can break into it in person
Bets thing to do now is to look up at web dev meet ups in your area (read: within two hours of walking of your home)

>two hours walking

Attached: BF1ybti.gif (250x250, 1.95M)

user, two hours of walking isn't far at all.
Like... that's about 8 miles.
That should give you plenty of distance to meet up with people

no libraries

no demand

full of narcissistic poser retards

I can drive?

I assumed you were broke as fuck - the point stands, 2 hours is a reasonable time to get to places for meet ups unless they're a regular.
I'd recommend only one hour driving though.

2 hours walking is insane, especially if you live in a hilly area

if you really looking for something, start from the demand - research what is in actual demand right now, what are other people are willing to pay right now

then try to lean the basics quickly using online courses, pirated books and youtube.

then apply for an apprentice/intern nigger position which pays only crappy food and crappy room

apply your skills, grow, establish your reputation, switch to a better place. repeat.

Not OP but have basically the same question.

Currently in a decently paid office management job but our department is closing before the end of the year. Thinking about retraining in software development.

There's a bootcamp in Manchester (UK) that teaches full stack JS over 12-15 weeks, and then helps you do CV prep and arranges interviews with its hiring partners. 90% of attendees get a job offer within 27 days of finishing the course. All in, costs £6k.

Before I drop that kind of money though, can I get some honest reviews from you guys on what it's like to be a developer? Day to day work life, whether you enjoy it, what the career/pay progression is like?

Cheers in advance

I really wouldn't recommend a bootcamp without trying programming first.

If you don't mind pirating, Angela Yu's course is nice.
If you do mind pirating, pick anything from YT then and go nuts.
You'll want to actually start making a simple website with javascript and get into the manner of troubleshooting programming issues.
A lot of people just jump into HTML/CSS and think "this is easy and fun" when it's incredibly be hard.

Cheers dude. I've done a bit of freecodecamp, which I've enjoyed, in preparation for an introductory taster class this company is running over 2 evenings this week. For £100 they say we'll learn the basics of object oriented programming and write a basic PC game to get a feel for what programming is like. I thought it would be a good way to get a feel for the bootcamp company itself too.

Hopefully that has the "try before you buy" aspect covered?

Not a bad use of money, desu.
If anything, at least you'll probably get an idea of how one of the instructors will be.
Plus £100 is what, two nights out? Go for it.

Nice one man, appreciate the support.

If anyone has honest opinions/insights of what it's like to be a dev I'd still appreciate it. This place has been my most reliable source of information exchange/life advice since I started coming here, around the time that Jessi Slaughter's dad was threatening to report us to the cyber police and have our IPs backtraced haha

You might get a better response in the daily programming thread, then
But it can vary wildly. I've beee in IT about 5 years and seen things from daily stand ups for like 30 minutes each to it being a case of "you working on this still? Great, let me know when you're done" and everything in between.
Word of caution, I'd push for you to try to get into a tech orientated company, at least there your sysadmin most likely won't hate you unless you want macos when the shop runs windows

im to stupid for programing (have slight dyslexia) but im interested in networking

is it worth to go to the official Cisco course and get a certificate? will i ever find a job?

>insisting on using a different OS than the company OS
Now that's autism. Just run bootcamp

CCNA? Yes. You'll have to get some IT experience somewhere, though. Or probably some customer service skills then help desk (try to aim for in house and not one at an ISP or some shit listening to retarded fucks bitching about their phones).
Networking is probably one of the most useful things since you can still go physical or software if needs be so you won't be help back so much by your dyslexia since you could try to be a technician and make around 50k a year

Thanks man. Completely new to this board, had no idea there was a daily thread. I will hang my head in shame for 5 minutes before migrating there. Much appreciated.

well i can forget anything software related because my dyslexia is cucking me, so doing hardware stuff would be ideal for me

problem is im an electrician and have no official IT experinece, and im almost 30 so i think my chances of getting a job in IT after i get my certificate are probably 0

Best tip: Do not go to university, get work experience then consider university/college. Build up those connections, which will help you get a decent job in the long run.

Dude fuck that. The networking person who came to fix a down switch used to be history teacher. Don't think down about that shit homie. Obviously they want someone with prior experience but, you will probably get it but take a pay cut since you don't have the experience.

Take ICND1 (CCENT) and then take ICND2 instead of taking the whole composite test. Once you pass ICND2 you will have CCNA.

It is rather simple actually:
Javascript: web dev
Java: bad phone dev
C: legacy or computer centric stuff
C++: Desktop applications
Python: Simple network applications

I actually ended up getting him refused a position because he wouldn't use any of our laptops, even a fucking x1 carbon was beneath him

Not really, mate. A lot of network technicians aren't doing much in the back end of development - you won't really be writing code or anything. You're an electrician so I assume you have at least some ability to touch electronics without breaking them. You should look into doing what
suggested and just go from there. Make sure you can get the CCNA first otherwise if networking is too difficult, getting advice on how to transition to a new career is pointless.

Typescript
React
Angular
MongoDB

I see the daily desperate materialist zombie thread has arrived.

Attached: image.jpg (490x586, 50K)

I want a tesla

Attached: twarren_08202017_1939_0003.0.jpg (1200x675, 106K)

python?

goatse.cx will tell you how to manipulate govt subsidies and get one for cheap

oops meant goatse.ru/

Actually I want to learn it to invest my time in a skill I can use at work other than "manage a team", whilst still making decent enough money to squirrel a load away for financial freedom.

And also so that I can make my own tech/bypass restricted nanny-state tech when the imminent cyberpunk future rolls around

>.ru/

fuck off, Ivan. stay in your ghetto, please

all zoomer's cancers

Math
Haskell
C++ (unfortunately)
Python
Go

learn python if ure a retard with no brain

I'm learning Dart to code apps using Flutter OP. You should look into it.

I'm starting from zero programming knowledge and so far it's been easy to incorporate the concepts and try writing some small programs. I'm told Dart is similar to Javascript so I'm planning to move on to that afterwards.

From what I've read Python is the easiest language but it's so different from all the others it is not actually recommended for beginners because it creates bad habits. Some say it actually makes it more difficult for you to learn other languages afterwards because the syntax and execution is so different, basically you get used to being babied.

Attached: 1558948814602.gif (300x250, 483K)

Swift.

Attached: blade runner.jpg (2272x1200, 295K)

Learn PHP (widely used so a ton of jobs) and Angular or React so you have front end javascript experience since most jobs these days prefer people that have some.

Meetup groups are actually a very good way to get into the business. If I were in your shoes I would spend a month or two learning javascript and one backend language (php, ruby, java, c#) then start attending local meetups for that language or web development in general. Most of the people at thes will be employed locally in the industry and be aware of job openings. Lots of times recruiters hang out at these as well. But that only works if you live near a city that is around top 100 in the US population wise.

Personally I think most bootcamps are not worth the money. Learn it on your own through YouTube and online tutorials.

As for the work it really depends on the company and your manager. Most are fairly chill and flexible so long as you get your work done. Tho obviously the rare few are death march mode. But if you get one of those just quit and go somewhere else.

Flutter is all right but Bluetooth on Android is a fucking pain in the ass no matter what you're doing and Flutter does not make it easier

There are bluetooth libraries for Flutter, but it really depends on what you're looking after.

Get a mainframe job

ABAP

>ure

Join the military doing actually commo shit (Not bs 25U or whoever they were that did nothing but inventory obsolete radios). Get training and job experience as well as GI Bill.
t. Artilleryman getting paid to get a bachelors in IS management.

>go get maimed fighting for Israel goy!
Worst advice ITT

good goy

Thanks man. The bootcamp appeals to me because it'll keep me on track, it'll build industry connections and from what I can tell these guys genuinely do give you an advantage in the job market too. Plus it'll teach me good habits and get me pair programming etc which I couldn't necessarily do on my own.

cope with your financially crippling student loan debt, while I probably make more than you while going to school for free.

JavaScript =/= Java dipshit

No, dumbo. The script flavor is just for the browser because it doesn't need a virtual machine. But basically it's the same, one with strong types, the other without (because not needed).