I sincerely hope you occasionally rid yourself of old outdated tech like CRTs and update

I sincerely hope you occasionally rid yourself of old outdated tech like CRTs and update.

Attached: 1542738312933.jpg (300x298, 12K)

I play emulators and watch anime on CRTs
I do actual work on monitors, however, so LCD

CRT is a meme
CRTfags have stockholm syndrome from attempting to recycle them
they are extremely expensive to get rid of

You cucked amerifats have to pay to get rid of this?
God save the eastern europe, here whe just throw the fuckers into the bin or simply throw them into the sea/river and noone gives a fuck.
Guys even drive a fucking cars to rivers/sea because fuck it why not.

weak bait

Kys, you dumbfuck.
/thread

>watching widescreen media on a 4:3 display

You can throw them away anywhere you want in america you dumb shit, properly disposing of them now costs money because they're considered hazardous

suck my dick.

Attached: bs back.jpg (3226x1814, 1.84M)

It's no wonder the baltic sea is so polluted with subhuman slavs breeding around it.

>I sincerely hope you occasionally rid yourself of old outdated tech like CRTs and update.

This is how you should've done it, just an opinion
>I sincerely hope you occasionally rid yourself of old outdated tech like CRTs. religion. and capitalism, and update

just a rough draft

Attached: 1556838282909.jpg (707x490, 41K)

>this post triggers the capitalist

Fuck you commie

Why would I get rid of something that works for which there is no comparable alternative? Name one LCD or OLED that has nanoseconds of processing delay and pixel perfect motion clarity. I’ll wait, literally.

based

Stop samefagging. It's so blatant.

Attached: obsessed.png (364x852, 131K)

I replaced my lcd panel with a new QLED gaming panel with a 140hz refresh rate. The fucking thing has burn-in already. My old 5 year old monitor has no burn-in on the other hand.

WTF

a 144hz monitor is too expensive, I'm considering buying a cheapo crt to dab on you high refresh rate faggots

How poor are you 144 hz TNs are a dime a dozen

good luck lol

Attached: Capture.jpg (377x52, 4K)

Cheapest one costs 209 usd, I blown all my money on hookers

at best I can buy a used one for 200 pln for which I will get a VA/TN 1600x900 100/120hz with that nvidia 3D technology.

Turd-worlders OUT

>he actually thinks I care about some stupid labels
eat shit and die am not a sand nigger

Attached: IJustDontHaveAJobYetJustWaitingForSchizoBuxAndFuckHookers.png (800x600, 534K)

and I don't fuck hookers.jpg *

based

>i'm not a sand nigger
>uses nigger casually
>lives in third world shithole
Everything checks out.

Attached: everything culturally relevant from your country.jpg (1920x1080, 32K)

i got rid of mine in 2004. is that occasionally enough for you?

>Windows MC 2005 Bliss

Kino

>lives in a third world country
At least I can afford living a good life with your wages, which is not possible in african countries.
I also assume you use the third world shithole as to say "Post-communist countries" yes we are based and you cannot do anything about it shithead.

nobody gives a shit

2nd I wasn't the first one to casually say sand nigger
3rd hmm I wonder if 123+44 years of being under other countries rule could have made it happen HMMM I WONDER.
4th Poland's starting to close ties with russia came in before the berlin wall fall and those we have contributed to it as a pushing force.
5th what's the point of those first 3 remarks, nothing checks out since I am responding to it

k, go catch a bus anyways, I got me sum nice ips 1080p 21:9 and 16:9 monitors u can go suck my Polish dick.

Attached: AnyResemblanceOfAnArgument.png (1920x1080, 10K)

I sincerely hope you occasionally have sex

>watching moeshit

To be fair only lain and old anime can be played on a 4:3 display without blackbars

Had to throw away a couple of CRTs a few years ago. I already miss them.

Attached: cries.jpg (257x196, 6K)

You sound just like some Pajeet indian. Why don't you start shitting up your streets while you're at it? Can't believe how proud you are to pollute a fucking river.

>CRT is a meme
Go and be 12 years old somewhere else

Oooh boi I sure love my blurry images with shit geometry

Fucking tourists.

>throw them into the sea/river and noone gives a fuck.

Don't judge advanced nations by your third world standards.

>crt
only craft-beer drinking bearded basedboy faggots still cling to the crt meme.
those pieces of shit were huge and took up half the desk. good riddance.

t. boomer

baste

Damn those bearded men.

cope

>Why yes, I'm sexually active. How could you tell?

Attached: IMG_20190601_192544.jpg (3968x2976, 1.67M)

Reminder that LCDs retarded display resolution advancements by at least 6 years, and only very recently have we started making progress again.

such as?

Resolution, refresh rate, color accuracy and response time for LCDs were much worse than CRTs until recently.

I sincerely hope you get trapped in a car accident and burn to death.

except that not such case anymore so why keep them?

is 60hz and 100hz on LCD huge difference like it is on CRT?

>oogabooga you disagree me mad

>faling for the LED meme

Attached: 1555903669730.jpg (1200x1145, 96K)

Get on my level

Attached: Untitled.png (398x265, 13K)

>superior tech is a meme

*burns*
heh...

remember dragging my crt around cs lans good times

why do you have your Christmas lights on?

>literally half the screen is always taken by black lines

And people use that garbage for real?

You realize that holds true for ANY display made to display content with an aspect ratio that doesn't match the aspect ratio of the display right?
It's fags like you that are the perpetual bane of any content viewing existence in social situations. "Ew why are there black bars with this 50 year old show? Lets fucking stretch the hell out of it THAT'S SOMEHOW A IMPROVEMENT." Fuck.
Only a retard has/gets a 4:3 monitor and only watches 16:9 or 21:9 content on it.

stretch fags deserve the rope

Jesus, Europe is a shithole isn't it?

TN display that looks like garbo, yeah dude you got me

Fucking autists

Because if he turned a proper light on then it would wash out the blacks of the CRT.

I don't think user is referring to aspect ratio user.

Attached: Lou.jpg (3088x3088, 1.54M)

So is America, but Europe's cleaner.

You know that some games render in a way that only when you stretch them they look correct when playing non-standard aspect ratios, codemaster games do it, and actually playing non stretched just hurts.

why does it bother you? you make this thread pretty regularly and i don't really get why it's that important. they're comfy sometimes, stop bein that fuckin nerd going "OHEhoehoHOEOH BUT IT'S OBjeEICtively InferIOR" like yeah and so are candles compared to lightbulbs but that doesn't mean people would stop using candles entirely

also in melee you have to use one sooo

It offends their concept of superiority for wasting money.

If that's the case, that'd be even more retarded, given that a properly configured CRT being viewed at proper distances make that a complete non issue anyway.

How's life in perpetual '94 treating you?

The argument is that if LCDs weren't pushed so hard for having lower manufacturing costs, technology would have advanced faster.
That and a really good CRT (99% SRGB, 2048x1536 @ 85Hz) costs at most $50 while a similar display will set you back hundred to thousands of dollars.
CRTs also play much better with lower resolution content as you can just lower the resolution without the horrible LCD blur. So if you like things such as DVD/720p/1080p(the latter only if you have a 4K or greater display) content it's a no-brainer to get one.

>Zommers will never know the bliss that is firering up the CRT and putting volume at full blast to play WAVERACE
I pity them.

We have better games now, grandpa

Find me one (1) more aesthetic jet ski racing game than waverace.

Attached: stare.jpg (352x237, 11K)

>So if you like things such as DVD/720p/1080p(the latter only if you have a 4K or greater display) content it's a no-brainer to get one.
This isn't really true. There are excellent upscaling algorithms nowadays, video can look great on a 4K display. Buying a CRT for 720p or 1080p would be pretty stupid if you have a 4K monitor, especially considering how a lot of CRTs don't even come in the correct aspect ratio and are very small in comparison. 720p and 1080p can also be scaled to 4K with an integer multiplier, so even with the dumbest scaling algorithm around (nearest neighbor) you will not get any blur.

Blur, or rather low-quality upscaling handled by the monitor's built-in scaler, is not really an issue with prerecorded digital video, but with 'live' video sources such as old computers, old consoles or old PC games which don't have any practical way to increase their rendering resolution. You can't easily apply high quality scaling to these things without some extra hardware, so having a CRT might be useful for old things.

Upscaling is always garbage compared to having the native resolution. Perhaps you might think it's anywhere near transparent with higher resolutions like 720p, but just compare watching a 720x480 DVD in a CRT running at 720x540 and an LCD. Even with the placeboest of scaling options in MadVR or mpv, it's still night and day.

What a stupid thing to assume

I don't have a CRT of the same size as my 4K monitor to compare. I cannot compare an image 27" across to the same image on a 17" 4:3 CRT (which I own) with black bars making the video frame itself even smaller than what the already small monitor size would suggest. The physically small monitor will show a smaller image which will look 'better' as many of the artifacts become hard to see because of how small they are.

I sure hope you're comparing images which end up the same size when displayed when you're making your claims, otherwise what you're saying is literally irrelevant. I can play a 480p DVD video on my phone and it will look 'very good' compared to a larger monitor of any type, but that's hardly relevant.

My LCD monitor is actually slightly smaller than my CRT when displaying 4:3 content, but the sizes are almost the same.

That's good, then I highly doubt you are unable to get good upscaling quality if you actually tried. In my case I don't have CRTs big enough, but no matter what magic you think hides in the tube, displaying a 720x480 video on a large monitor at desk viewing distance won't look very good.

You're also scaling part of the DVD video when viewing it on a CRT anyway, because it's chroma subsampled which means the chroma component has to be upscaled before the video can be displayed.

I went down the upscaling rabbit hole and the best I found was nearest and using a whole integer as the screen size, which requires both the video and display resolutions to be just right to avoid a small image.

Nearest neighbour has absolutely awful aliasing, it's terrible for everything except pixel graphics in video games and integer GUI upscaling on very high DPI displays. It should not be used for video. Video is not meant to be aliased as fuck, even if it's low resolution.

> Watching new anime
> Playing new video games
> Using new computers
> Not living in 2004 forever

If you only scale to an integer multiplier, it's not bad.

Yes it is bad, it does exactly what I said it does: produces incredibly aliased results, which is especially visible on modern displays with square pixels. It's not bad for specific situations where this behavior is desirable, like pixel graphics and UI scaling in some cases. If you use it for that, it's the right tool for the job and produces excellent results. Perfect, even. For general-purpose video it's very bad and entirely unsuited for the task, unless you are incredibly performance starved and have to use it because of how very simple and fast it is. That just means you can't use anything better, though.

You mentioned you use a 27" monitor. The PPI value for that screen is probably too low to give you decent results with nearest integer scale.

I don't think a PPI of 163 is low for a computer monitor at all.

>(You)
1. Lain the anime is quiet nice.
2. Some new games are ridled with so much shit, playing a good old sega genesis or other game is nice.
3. I have a new computer from 2018.
4. It is exactly that I also play modern games on top of old ones, is that having a cheap high refresh-rate monitor with excellent viewing angles, instant reaction time and no ghosting is nice, having it play lower res fast is a plus imho as then you give your gpu a huge budget to play games at 60/100+ hz/fps even in a future, it also does a semi "black frame insertion" without costing me at least 300-400$ when converting to my currency,
5. If I want high quality 1080p I have me ips.

Not too low for a computer, but it might be too low for nearest integer scale to look good. The aliasing is really hard to notice on my 17" 4K laptop.

Lain is from 1998 dude. It's in no way new.

It is nice to watch though and had a blu ray release which looks quiet nice in 1440x1080 or it was a super decent resize job I seen some modern anime getting resized from 480p into 1080p on nyaa , and I also watch new anime.

It was a remaster using the original cels. Some are remasters are good, some are fucking awful. Doesn't matter if it's film or cels, the worst ones are borderline unwatchable. They apply a lot of denoising filters and slice the image to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio.

That depends on viewing distance (and your eyes). I doubt you're sitting as far away from your laptop screen as I am from my monitor.

No? It depends on pixel size. My laptop has almost 97 extra PPI. The pixels are very small so aliasing is reduced.

Weak bait