Has anyone tried this? How painful and successful was it?

(He does a Mac OS install on a PC that is supposed to be better than a Hackintosh).

youtube.com/watch?v=ATnpEOo3GJA

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 5.35.43 PM.png (430x384, 197K)

Sure it can be done but why not just buy a Mac? If $2000 for a computer is a setback you should rethink your life.

>Why not just buy a Mac

Because my 2013 iMac just died and I have a Linux box I paid about $3700 for I would like to run the Adobe suite on.

fpbp

>Sure it can be done but why not just buy a Mac?
Freedom. I want my $2000 computer, not a limited set of components Apple will offer.

yeah, this fucking dude writes kernels.. of course he can do this.

I'll just stick with using hackintosh.

He does a vm. Tedious as fuck to do it like he did it tho

I am curios if it's as stable and snappy as a Mac. Should have asked in the OP.
Otherwise I could just do a virtual box of Windows (*shudders).

OP, it's less painful than on that fucking video, that's for sure.

Everything is programed for those "limited" components in mind so it'll run horribly with anything else.

I've done it. Was surprisingly easy. No problems with drivers at all.

All depends on your hardware. If your hardware mostly matches what a mac build at some point could have, most likely will have native support. Stability wise it's sort of a thing where either shit works fully or it doesn't. FaceTime and iMessage are a bit of a mess to get working. If you happen to have external hardware or peripherals from apple, they all work the same way. Power management might require some fumblefucking around. If you have hardware similar to a "snappy" mac, you'll get a snappy experience. If you're looking for games though, you also will experience that no matter how good your GPU is, it'll be absolute shit on hackintosh (and that's macOS being shit, not hackintosh)

Except that isn't the case.

>passthrough
fucking lol @ your life if you think this meme botnet trash is acceptable

>your life

Does Apple pay shills?
Is this from a script?
What does the state of my life have to do with a Linux box I have I'd like to also have Mac OS on?

t. apple propagandist

Why not just buy the latest Mac Pro? If $42,000 for a computer and a monitor with a stand is a setback you should rethink your life.

it's bait but all modern apple laptops have significant hardware flaws, and the desktops are highly overpriced

poor people btfo

> $5000 32" 6k monitor and $999 stand

You'll be able to get an 8k 55" OLED by fall for thousands less. Or a smaller 4k for many more thousands less and not see a difference.
Is the Mac monitor better than OLED?

I Promise you even if 2000$ wasnt a setback i'd still wouldn't buy a Mac.

I can easily buy a computer over 2 grand, but i wont ever buy a mac

>listening to Linus who is a paid shill

Yeah don't

>run macos on pc

literally why windows 10 is superior in every way

>Window is superior

Went to my brothers to show him something in the Command Line.
Couldn't pull of the command line.
Clicked on it when pulled up in the Start menu. Clicks and nothing happens.

>muh command line

fuck off neckbeard grown ups are talking

MacOS is shit. Why would anyone use it? And yes, I've hackintoshed laptops. It's a pain in the ass.

If you can't use command line applications you have the intellect of a four year old and you should be put down like a dog or enslaved in a factory for the benefit of society. I've seen literal downies write bash scripts at Unix user meetups.