/mkg/

/mkg/

Just bought a NYM96, /dev/tty MT3 keycaps, and Kalih box white switches. Did I fuck up?

Attached: AI7B3759_copy_20180222135325.jpg (1625x492, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/shop/thnikk
flickr.com/photos/164140344@N07/sets/72157708768047012/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>asking if you fucked up after buying
Son...

You tell us now

I bought on the last day of the NYM96 drop, so it was a rushed decision.

I won't be getting it until August, so I have plenty of time to second guess my choices.

I prefer box navy but dev/titty caps are great.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

Posting here because this doesn't deserve a new thread and idk where else to post it. Does anyone know what keyboard pic related is? Someone posted it here in April but the thread got archived before I could ask.

Attached: 1551495161296.jpg (4032x3024, 3.42M)

so is this the new mech general?
regrets are for the weak, defend your shitty choices to the end

Looks like Cooler Master Quickfire

fuck forgot pic

Attached: image0.jpg (400x300, 24K)

Good keycaps if you enjoy shiny ABS, and box whites are good light weight clicky.
Don't mind the screeching navy autists.

/Dev/tty are PBT caps

Dev titties are PBT m8.

What's the smallest, most portable option for me if I wanted to build a single, separate space bar that I could move around?

Do you think those are custom keycaps? I've never seen one with win and control spelled out like that

how big does it need to be? 1u 7u 2.5u?

Something around 3-4u I guess, 2u is 2 small.

this came to mind, you could try some of the 4 key pads and just pull the middle switches and overlay a 4u keycap

it's a kinda round about way of doing things though. I'll keep looking.

etsy.com/shop/thnikk

This thing looks about the size I want though I'm not so sure how well it would work without a proper stabilizer.

Forgot pic

Attached: il_794xN.1862834873_fk9d.jpg (794x635, 31K)

does seem a little tedious now that I'm thinking about it

>PREMIUM ABS

Attached: 1552616798721.jpg (2048x1361, 780K)

I prefer the sound of abs to pbt desu.

DUCKI PLEASE MAKE MORE DUCKY ONE/ DUCKY ONE 2 WHITE TKL RGB

yeah i love the feel of your grease on abs keycaps

is this supposed to be ergonomic?

It is, certainly more comfortable than my ergodox.

is there a good one handed keyboard with quiet switches for gayman?

I don't like box white but you might

I bought a Huntsman Elite and holy fuck is it loud
CLACK CLACK CLACK

Are you gonna buy the new IKEA keycaps?

Attached: ikea keycaps.jpg (1280x853, 75K)

Pick one atheists

Attached: Keycap profile comparison.jpg (750x312, 40K)

>gateron/cherry brown
>type c detachable
>atleast backlit or rgb
>below 70 usd might get 90 usd if its good reviews
what do you recommend

>no numpad
insects

Will this suit Your Excellency?

Attached: Vortex vibe.jpg (1024x416, 158K)

MT3 to be honest familia.

>only numpad
chads

Attached: 51nC1Gew79L._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 16K)

What's a good lube for Topre sliders Jow Forumsuys? There's a lot of conflicting info
I'm looking to improve smoothness without effecting tactility

Attached: 1558032523456.png (741x568, 29K)

I think you did well
yes numpad

Attached: DSC_0720.jpg (3840x2160, 2.05M)

i took apart my ultra classic for cleaning a couple weeks ago, now i'm left with a bum backslash key that still "works" but it doesn't click and it registers a keypress on the slightest touch. pic related, spring's bent, dunno if i caused that, or if it came like that and taking it apart just unseated it

any way i can repair the spring or do i have to replace it?

Attached: benis.jpg (2146x2795, 917K)

hnnng want one but can't bother to start soldering etc

How many of you started with gamer trash like corsair or razer? I still have this as a backup and I kind of want to reuse the plate and case somehow.

Attached: 61hwZ+VbhhL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x613, 123K)

I can build you one if you want.

Attached: IMG_20190509_153928.jpg (2223x1566, 1.04M)

lubing the sliders on topre typically wont affect the pressure curve of the switch as much as a traditional cherry switch (because in a cherry switch you are lubing the part that offers the tactile bump)

pretty much go thicker for a more buttery feel (trybosis3204) and thinner for a more natural (super lube52004)
those lubes are just suggestions anything will do.

finally a nice wiring job that rivals my own

Attached: wiring2.jpg (1000x5000, 1.97M)

forgot to add, try using varying amounts of lube for each switch to see what you like and then try to apply your amount consistently across the board

Woah looks real clean, do you print the casing yourself?

now that is some wire organization I can get behind

Yea.
Thanks. It's not perfect or anything but it's gud enuf™

Building your own keyboard looks like a fun little project to do on the side. Do you have any resources for retailers ect for an eurokek?

There are a few threads on deskthority and gh with lots of resources. Check the 'making stuff together' and 'workshop' subforums on both.

MX Speeds are easily my favorite switches right now.

Attached: 20181227_130102.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)

Alright. Thank you.

How feasable is it to make a replica of the Esrille using the best bang-for-your-buck materials?

Forgot pic.

Attached: esrille.jpg (1200x640, 352K)

> amoebas
I approve of that build.
The only thing I hate is that to get a 3Dprinted case for that shit that doesn't fall apart a couple of months after (like SLS) is ~250$. And no, spraying resin on a shitty FDM thingy is not the same.

I dunno what you're doing with PLA cases that they fall apart on you m8. But yes I agree it'd be nice to have something better than 3D printing for the cases. It would just be eye wateringly expensive to mill it out of aluminum.

I'm not doing anything, since I haven't printed it yet. But I don't want to waste neither material nor peoples' time by printing an object that would not be suitable for an 8h/day constant usage.

There was a guy on a meetup here in europe that had an SLS-printed case. It was glorious - and gloriously expensive.

So, yeah - maybe in 5-10 years, when I get tired of my 3 ergodoxes - I'll either print out this one, or get myself a kinesis advantage 2. Right now I'm set for a lot of time.

Well I've had mine for almost a year now, and It can handle typing just fine. Also the "plate" part of a dactyl manuform is thicker than it is on a kinesis. Of course the latter is molded so take that how you will.

You could probably just get acrylic switch plates cut for each half, hand wire it, and attach it however you wish.

Well, I saw several FDM models just falling apart because of summer heat in my office, and I don't think that a manuform that I'd print myself by putting lots of extra care with the same technology would be *that* much better.

The good thing about the kinesis, though, is that it's so much of a well known and established keyboard that it's literally part of the history now. And the manuform offers very little advantage (ah ah) over the kinesis, IMO. So, yeah - if I have to choose between 250$ + handwiring/programming it myself OR 350$ for a ready product - I'd go for the latter. I'd probably put some zealios on it, though

Use PETG if you want heat resistance to be honest familia.

mmmh... Well - I'll think about it. Thanks for the suggestion

What is that case?

Hope this one gets made. Also a special fuck you to that retard who asked if it could be made by GMK

Attached: 1548493676340.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Ooohhh a retard thread.

Daily reminder that the only mechanical keyboards are IBM models F and M. Enjoy your plasticanical keyboards.

Can I have link on that user? Reverse image search gave me nothing.

geekhack dot org
/index.php?topic=100982.0

that is disgusting

Why do you think that? Don't like kana legends?

are there TKLs with USBC and BT + MX Blues/Browns?

What about Tab75? Not exactly TKL but it fits the bill.

>no numpad
How the fuck do you play Dwarf Fortress on that

Way too busy, font is ugly, and something about the colors is just off. I think it would look better a bit brighter.

Also, not a fan of winkeyless blockers so that's not helping.

bit too small for my taste

NSFW

flickr.com/photos/164140344@N07/sets/72157708768047012/

Attached: (JPEG Image, 1024 × 683 pixels).jpg (1024x683, 152K)

I'd be surprised if GMK took it, wouldn't they need new molds? I didn't expect dots to be a thing though

Does anybody know a way to buy grifti fat wristpads in Europe without paying more shipping fees than the pad cost?

i wanna rub my fingers on it

i'm not even a weeb but i want it

How am I supposed to clean these if they happen to get dirty?

I a bit slow, but what is the fucking degeneracy of not having the left control in the right place? thank you

Probably so they can hit it with thumb instead of pinky.

I only use gamer trash, just bought a brand new RAZER

imagine a keyboard made ENTIRELY of metal, no plastic

They’ve done new molds before, like Yuri.

okay, so in the case of a necessity to type on a standard keyboard, lets say of a laptop, they are fucked

no emacs chad would even think of this nonsense

They could just switch back to pinky ctrl, it's not really a huge a problem for modifier keys.

damn this looks good as heck

I got the jades, which are whites with thicker clickbar, I would prefer the whites I think, the clickbar tactility is too much imo
also wish I could get those mt3 keycaps, but I'll get fucked by import duties, I wonder if anyone in EU sells them

Not on topic but do you know a non mechanical keyboard with flat keys that don't get slippery fast? I currently have the old USB cable Apple keyboard. The flat keys are fantastic. After 3 years of use some keys have become a bit slippery. I would buy a new one but I don't like the current Apple models.

You're pretty much fucked because nobody made PBT caps for membrane keyboards beside those old Model Ms which don't have flat caps.

just buy a generic chiclet style keyboard off ali for 5 bucks

I was planning to build a kbd75 but I moved and needed a new keyboard quick and didn't have time to build it so I just bought a GMMK TKL with silent blacks how much did I fuck up?

Is there any hotswap Kailh low profile PCB? I'm kind of obsessed with low-height keyboards because I hate wristrests.

Good keyboards with the MX Blue (I don't mind if has RGB or not) but with spanish layout (god bless the Ñ)

They already do tho.

Hail satan
the springs are pretty difficult to fix or adjust and you may have to end up replacing it completely. It's worth a try though if you want to give it a shot. Just use tweezers or needle nose pliers and try to make it look more like its neighbors

thanks, i'll try it, not like i have anything to lose if it doesn't work