/spg/-smartphone general

Nokia 2.2 edition
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: D8WTFbQUwAEuLEr.jpg (2048x1772, 371K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mydealz.de/deals/mobilcom-debitel-instore-google-pixel-3-a-ohne-vertrag-mit-handyankauf-1388717?page=2#thread-comments
youtube.com/watch?v=C6nonNRoF7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

K20 Pro or the LG V35 ThinQ?

fuk u I was gonna make the new bread
also where can I still get one of these? I don't trust ebay enough even though it's just around 60 burgerbucks

Attached: 12-08-23-images.jpg (700x438, 39K)

do I just need root in order to install a firewall and slightly unbotnet an android phone?
will I be able to un-root the phone after installing the firewall?

Is that 120hz Razor phone just a meme?

Huawei brothers, post 'em.

Bros I bought a Redmi Note 5 after being stuck with the same phone 4 years tell me I did good my life is shit and I want to kill myself every waking hour

Attached: 1466561332926.png (362x362, 133K)

>Country
Germany
>Budget
>Features
Dual SIM, good camera possibly one with a wide lens, good battery, preferably not a chinkphone I'd have to install a ROM/Lineage OS on
>Size
Does not matter much but preferably smaller

What are some good options?

buying a used first gen pixel...is it a terrible idea?

Bump

AliExpress

You won't be completely left behind with android updates and custom ROMs so it's not the worst choice
Might be a good idea to replace the battery though

>ugly notch
>ugly chin with a fuckhuge label
dropped

If your budget is 400€ you'll get the best value from Chinese brands. You should look at the Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, and the Redmi K20 Pro (that one is not available yet but will be soon). Xiaomi's OS isn't so bad, you don't *have* to install Lineage OS, but you can afaik.

I just upgraded from my pixel XL to an pixel 3a and there isn't too much of a difference other than the camera.

>no headphone jack

C U C K E D again

Attached: samshillsbtfo.png (672x962, 511K)

im curious about the razer phone 2 as well
it looks fun

(((leaks)))

>Keeps the gigantic gaping hole for the s pen that people never used.
>Removes a useful, tiny hole that everyone uses and has become a signature in their flagships.

Why does the note line still exist?

Best phone to impress girls with? No iShit pls.

You don't impress girls with phones.

The only way to impress girls is dumbphone. Trust me, they will be really impressed by your poverty.

onleaks had been pretty accurate so far. the only thing that makes me think this isn't accurate is that it seems weird that samsung would use double front cameras on the s10+ but not on the note 10.

REMINDER that if you own or support notches/holepunches of any variety you should immediately and unironically end it all.

Pixel 3, Note 9 Exynos or the S10e Exynos?

>Tfw your family switched plans, and you're getting a new Samsung S10 Plus, but you likely don't get the free galaxy buds because you're a month or two late for the promo.

I just wanted to be comfy, lads. No way to get them without shelling out now? At least the phone has a 3.5mm jack.

Attached: 1559526841348.jpg (1425x1425, 343K)

S10e

Is Galaxy kill?

Attached: 1559768786363.png (790x759, 520K)

Fuck small screens, fuck notches, fuck pinholes and fuck jannies

Attached: 1559562707938.jpg (500x641, 45K)

Pill hole though...maybe I can use nachonotch or something?

No, still the most established brand after Apple by far
Just because Huawei and Xiaomi took a lot of marketshare doesn't mean Samsung is going anywhere
teardrop notches and small screens are ok tbqh

better than the fat bezels on the other two phones you listed

Fucking zoomer, I don't care about bezels

>OMG THE OP7 DISPLAY IS DOGSHIT, LOOK AT THAT TINT KEK OHNONONONONONO

Attached: OnePlus-7-review-cover.jpg (1068x562, 66K)

What other phone are gonna come out this year? Apart from pillshit pixel 4 and jackless holeshit note 10. The Zenfone dropped the ball, OnePlus sucks, this year is shit for phones.

I have Redmi Note 5 Pro, with MIUI because I only need it to browse internet or using clover and I got the Pie update yesterday, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how's the battery life between 8.1 and 9.0
I get anywhere from 90-110h on battery as of right now, from 9X% to 20%ish, is Pie any better or is it worse?

if k20 pro had sd slot it would be perfect phone desu

>what is reading mode?
Hello boomer, come back when you are tech literate. :^)
.t g tech support

Like I said, it's time to get used to jackless phones with no expandable storage. Time's fucking up for it, even Xiaomi is doing it and Samsung ditched the jack with the Note 10.
JUST

Anons here ribbed on the Zenfone 6 for having a similar looking tone in a display comparison
I posted that for them. And a based French review site said the display is really great.

Pixel 3a

This.
Seems weird the Note would have less features and be deprived of a jack when all S10s have it. And that cyclops look is dumb.

Note 10 isn't comfirmed yet.
Jack is making a return on many phones. It was at best a one year fad, and even IP68 phones have it now. There was never any excuse for removing it except for "We Apple now".
Expandable storage is something else entirely and certainly not a thing in China, so don't expect any of chink phones to have one.

So I should man up and wait for the Pixel 4? I don't want the gimped 3a.

Depends if it supports audio through USB-C, and its quality. I don't know if they bundle the dongle. USB-C DAC can be pretty decent. The charging while you listen to music issue is a meme unless you frequently take the train or the plane and sit for 5h.

Cant settle for chinkphone unfortunately, is there something else in this range ?
Or do I have to bump my budget to 500?

I just bought an Umidigi F1 Play and have been using it for two days, and the one thing I noticed is that the display ghosting is pretty bad.
It's refresh rate is 55hz and I'm wondering if it's a defective screen since a lower end moto e5 play is refreshing at 60 with no ghosting.

Surely the display can't be this weird, right?

>Cant settle for chinkphone unfortunately
warum nicht? Xiaomi ist ne gute Marke, hab selber eins
aber ja, wenn das gar nicht geht dann ist ein S10e ne sehr gute Wahl, auf Ebay gibts das neu für 500€, auf Amazon kostet es mehr

mein kampf

t. Kraut Electroniks scam reseller on marketplace.

If anyone here in germany wants a new pixel 3a and has an old phone he doesn't need anymore, apparently mobilcom debitel offers a deal where you can turn in your old phone and get the pixel 3a for 299 euros instead of 399 euros.
mydealz.de/deals/mobilcom-debitel-instore-google-pixel-3-a-ohne-vertrag-mit-handyankauf-1388717?page=2#thread-comments

If anyone else here has an F1 play, I'd like you to go to displayhz.com and report back with what it gave you.

Have to make sure I'm not sending this back in due to being a retard.

Use my S pen more than my headphone jack.

You dont buy the note and NOT use the pen.

Stop lying, user. S pen in a smartphone is completely useless. Modern smartphones are designed to be used with your fingers. Stylus is the thing of a past.

>Country
US
>Budget
>Features
Aux port, decent camera, decent battery, not slow as shit
>Size
On the smaller side for my manlet hands

Attached: D4oK64hW4AQPb3q.jpg (762x1024, 123K)

still not worth it at 300€, Redmi Note 7 at 180€ and Mi 9 SE at 300€ offer much better value
>inb4 muh Chinese spyware
>implying a phone made by Google doesn't spy on you

me weewee hurt

youtube.com/watch?v=C6nonNRoF7g

>Android
Pixel 3a
>Apple
Second hand 6/7

Pixel 3a

Both phones are far bigger than the pixel 3a
Mi 9SE probably doesn't have a headphonejack
The selling point of the pixel 3a is the camera, no idea if the other two phones hold up against the pixel.

Best camera phone for up to 300 euros?
A battery that lasts the whole day of regular use is great too.

What do you use S pen for?

seeif you are from germoney

putting an S Pen slot can make Samsung money.
removing the headphone jack can make Samsung money.

noticing a pattern?

Pocophone, Mi8, Mix 2s

jack on top

I want smaller phone to update my redmi note 5 pro (I would still be using it but i smashed the screen)
Should i get Mi 9se or a2 lite for 140eu
I rarely use camera, dont need internal storage and dont care about "gaming" on mobile devices.
Only care for good battery life and screen.
So is better screen and fingerprint sensor on 9se worth extra 100eu?
Should i wait for nokia 2.2 reveal to make my decision? Or it's gonna be dogshit like most nokias?
Any good smaller upcoming phones for 100-400eu?

Attached: seb.png (1189x611, 344K)

BRING BACK BEZELS

NO BEZEL? NO BUY!

Anal stimulation and urethra penetration, sometimes also popping zits.

There is a reason to buy Redmi 7a over Redmi 7, if Redmi 7a(2/16) costs almost 100 usd, while Redmi 7(2/16) costs 115 usd?
Like, there is something that 7a does better than 7?

Anyone?

going off spec sheet
>worse processor
>15g lighter
>(even) worse camera
>possibly less developer support because less popular than redmi 7
>different back design (personally I think the 7a looks a lot better, I hate this new zoomer shiny gradient trash. I wish the K20 looked like this)

So, literally no reasons, even if Redmi 7a(2/32) costs same as Redmi 7(2/16)?
Thanks.

anyone practice the 20-80 charge?

Attached: Battery-Charge-Voltage-vs-Time.png (800x464, 187K)

>pixel XL battery is fucked
>pixel 2 has no headphone jack
>pixel 3 has no headphone jack
>pixel 3a has a headphone jack
>pixel 4 might have a headphone jack
>unlimited photo and video uploads important to me
I need to be able to charge my phone and listen to it at the same time, and Bluetooth is fucking trash.

no
your phone is supposed to make your life easier, not more complicated
if your phone is adding more complication to your life, more things you have to worry about, then you're doing it wrong

>(even) worse camera
>13MP vs 12MP+2MP
Thats a huge difference?

I avoid under 20% if near it I might turn my phone off.
I keep on a charger and use at 100%. I hear it is bad to have hot battery and high charge so I dont know should I take the charger off at ~80% and drain it to ~40% and charge to ~80% again? I could it is not hard for me just that I think if I keep plugged in it doesnt use battery as much because phone takes some energy directly from the charger not only from the battery.
I do half baked. I would do constant 40% if my charger was smart and turned off at a threshold.

Buy an XA2 and put Sailfish on it instead.

why still no phone with an additional adaptor to power outlet like a laptop?

CHINKED

Das und herzeleit, der untergang horst pumpernickel. Sieg Heil und balles tief!!!

Gcam bro
Gcam rapes Pixels

>>Chinkphone news
is there a similar list for non-chinkphones? I want a phone that actually supports 4G, reliably, in the US

looks nothing like the n9.

Pixel 3.

Ask Trump to fix your 18th century infrastructure lmao

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

s-stop bullying Trump! :'(

>Centre hole punch

Attached: 1528550023856.gif (250x250, 753K)

Wiki leaks

Please go away. Do not come back until you understand how dumb you sound.

So, Xperia XZ got so much cheaper, I'm thinking about buying it, I absolutely love the design and from what I've read, it seems like a really good phone.
What do you guys think about it? Is it worth getting or should I get some other Sony's device? Maybe diffrent brand altogether?

would a redmi note feel like a upgrade from a iphone 6? Never actually used a android phone, is this a good deal? And how bad is bloadware on MIUI?

Attached: redmi.png (1600x727, 558K)

I'm just spent. I'm gonna wait another year and buy a current flagship for cheaper. I won't be happy with myself if I paid full price for garbo phones.

Fucking avoid Sony like the plague. Their older phones, the Z ones, were great. I had an XZ and it would heat up real quick, would heat up and shut down the camera app when I needed to use it, couldn't record videos for more than a few seconds before heating up, started lagging and getting slower after a year, fucking litany of issues. Everything else was nice, though. Get the Pixel 3 instead. Or a souped up chinkphone.

it's easy to remove the ads and you can remove the bloatware without rooting, don't listen to what anyone else says.

any non-biased people ITT that used both android and iOS in the recent past?
Legit the only things that are keeping me on Android are newpipe, clover and webm support, but I was checking out new phones in a Vodafone shop and the iOS UX seemed really polished and fluid. Gesture controls were super intuitive while also freeing up a lot of screen real estate. Also, I strongly believe that face unlock is the way to go (inb4 botnet - smartphones are inherently botnet so fuck it) because fuck having finger print scanners on the back of the device. Will I regret making the switch? Another HUGE plus would be not having to worry about updates ever again. Pixel devices seem to be even worse value than iPhones.

lol no, keep your iPhone until you can afford something else. Don't go from a flagship to a poorfag bargain budget chinky chinee chicom phone.