So just got a T61 for cheap, what distro of linus should i chuck on?

So just got a T61 for cheap, what distro of linus should i chuck on?

Attached: Lenovo_Thinkpad_T61_1__59920.1478291399.1280.1280.jpg (1280x1107, 518K)

>old thinkpads

Attached: 1559494305630m.jpg (1024x777, 72K)

windows xp

openbsd

>12 year old technology
cringe

Major cringe bro

debian stable + lxde

based
cringe

Voids what I use on my x60t. Its a good neckbeard distro because the main repo features a lot of terminal or minimalist packages.
It has a smaller "AUR" equivalent, but you find that you don't need it much.

>over a decade old laptop
>Linux user
yikes

Attached: minion cringe.jpg (750x499, 78K)

I installed the latest Mint distro + Openbox and worked fine, but this is with an SSD. With a mechanical drive it would be suicide. The rest is T7600 and 3GB of RAM.

Used it for work for a few weeks after I spilled coffee in my work laptop, sysadmin work. It behaved mostly fine, considering it is an 80 dollar laptop + upgrades (came with a T2400, 2GB RAM, HDD), I really enjoyed working with it.

Of course I'm not delusional, I could not do any heavy work like loading multiple VMs, though I did have a shitload of applications loaded and the old boy still responded well in general.

chuck it in the bin where it belongs

>have sex

Based and deRaadtpilled

i use debian stable + xfce on my t60 werks pretty good

that's not a macbook

based, I've only seen trannies, furfags and pedos using the older ones

install gentoo

ubuntu budgie

CloverOS with windowmaker

just install windows 10 ltsc instead of tranny shit

Oldshit laptop wont run that, the whore i bought it from had put win10 on it and oh god was it slow, just looking for a very light OS so that it wont explode while i work

>chuck
sneed

works on my machine
it's pretty snappy as long as you have an SSD

Attached: 1559724969614.png (377x135, 6K)

Attached: mama.png (765x768, 408K)

Ye, only have the original hdd as of now, it sounds like a damn geiger counter, and i also only have 2gigs of RAM

MX Linux or antiX, depending on your CPU and memory.
They're both incredibly light and efficient Debian distros. antiX can run on a Pentium 3.

Try something I haven't, open suse

An fsf-aproved distro, since you can.

+1, from a t61 openbsd user