I can't decide between Debian or Arch for desktop usage(work but no server)

I can't decide between Debian or Arch for desktop usage(work but no server).

Attached: 1556426801347.jpg (1488x2000, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3880946
flickr.com/photos/senrankagurahd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sauce?

Debian.

I hear arch is for cool kids, but I am using a window. :(

fpwp
debian is automatically discarded because of old as fuck packages and debian specific changes to packages instead of just fucking patching.
Arch is ok I guess but I haven't used it, I'm on gentoo. The best of both debian and arch would be fedora, it has a net installer and you can choose the desktop at installation time like debian.
But I much rather prefer a text installation from chroot. I think it's possible in fedora unsquashing the fs of the live iso

debian if you're a serious professional and your time is important, arch if you're an enthusiast and want to mess around with stuff as soon as possible

also consider fedora if you're a serious professional

but if you're asking this, you're probably not a serious professional so probably you should install arch

Yeah yeah i just want the sauce on that semen demon.

Fedora. It's WAY more up-to-date than Debian, and Arch is meme-tier.

Gentoo stable. Newer packages than Debian, more stable than Arch. Also extremely customizable.

Arch just works nowadays, often times better than Debian in my experience. You get packages pretty much straight from the developers and not patched up ancient ones like in Debian, and AUR has everything you could imagine and more. For a work distro Fedora is probably your best bet though.

gentoo is a timewaster distro for people with nothing going on in their lives

Mint or Xubuntu, don't waste your time

Jow Forumsentoo is the only right choice

Do you do something with your computer and value your time?
If yes, Debian.

Attached: file.png (102x135, 2K)

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3880946

this
>inb4 red hat shill
>inb4 debian clone
debian and arch are actually copying fedora. just use the real thing

May your god or spiritual beliefs bless you user

I switched from fedora around 2007 or 2008 to arch and honestly I miss it, fedora is a really well made distro. every time my arch distro has some retarded problem I feel like I should switch back but I'm addicted to the AUR.

>has some retarded problem
What kind of problem?

Debian.

Arch will snap like that bra when under heavy load.

right now I'm dealing with fcitx not switching between full width and half width punctuation even though it claims to have done so. but in the past I've had all kinds of problems, especially in the old days when arch kept changing what they wanted to do and if you weren't carefully reading the forums your install would get fucked up.

just learn to build from git, or make a gentoo chroot in something like /usr/local/gentoo, no need to switch distros
not him but arch often will overwrite the /etc/ modifications and turn unbootable with upgrades or just break xorg configuration.
It's retarded and took a while to make signed packages like fedora or literally any other distro

>debian and arch are actually copying fedora. just use the real thing

Debian is 10 years older than Fedora newfag.

Sounds more like Windows.

OP here, thanks for the input. I'll use Debian then, have a good day.

>Debian has packages 10 years older than Fedora*
ftfy, retard.
They would have kept sysVinit like Slackware and gentoo but they decided to follow red hat, they just kept fucking up the implementation as well as arch.
literally nobody on fedora hates systemd since it just works, arch and debian are amateurs.

the $25,000 high performance computers at my work all use fedora for what that's worth

imagine being this new

Why don't you license RHEL?

upgrading once every year is not a big deal.
most people go 28>30>32 etc

I think it's from senran kagura

>debian has old software
Then why don't you use Debian Testing? What's the deal with complaining about old software when you use "stable" version?

Arch if you're not a tranny

Isn't that a matter of just merging or checking/configuring the .pacnew files?

Because you can use Fedora and get a rock solid stable OS, with up-to-date software.

It shits up the bed too much on upgrading from releases. For all the shilling Fedora gets here, Debian and arch rarely break in my experience compared to Fedora.

>fedora
don't fall for it.
If you don't want to use outdated shit (debian) our bloated (ubuntu) and don't have skill or patience to build something (Arch, Gentoo) than go with openSUSE or Manjaro

Arch is really good, but from time to time some update will fuck things up. Not a problem if you use Timeshift or some other program to restore

just cron rsync to keep daily, weekly and monthly backups.

2bh the biggest arch fuckups aren't from regular upgrades, they're usually from when you wait too long before upgrading
anybody who has turned on a 2-3 year old arch system knows exactly what I mean

flickr.com/photos/senrankagurahd/