Applel releases a sit tier IPS monitor and claims it can compete with OLED reference monitors for professionals

>Applel releases a sit tier IPS monitor and claims it can compete with OLED reference monitors for professionals
>iToddlers don't understand the difference between their toy monitor and a true reference monitor so trashes it

Get a job you pathetic iToddlers.

Attached: 1556518430996.png (1289x409, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ESzWY0hW85Y
investorshub.advfn.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you pay 7x the price of the apple monitor for this peace of shit? Apple is a quality brand, what shithole factory does "TV Logic" come from?

If I want a consumer monitor I'll buy one.
If I want a high end reference monitor I'll buy one.
Who the fuck is this aimed at? Who's the market? Because professionals aren't going to switch off their current hardware till it literally dies.

Apple is just as good as this references monitor except its 7 times cheaper. For once Apple is a cheap brand. Apple is investing in screen tech and will make much better panels than Samsung and LG, just face it.

>professionals
Who fucking cares? This is a NEET board.

faggots literally believe the OLED meme

Attached: oled-1543877835432.png (398x530, 91K)

>quality brand
>fruit shit
good joke

This literally is a reference monitor for a realistic price. Do you really think it costs sony even $10k to make their $40k reference displays?

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1535174550279.gif (500x491, 376K)

>ips
into the trash it goes

based and redpilled

You literally shit in the street for rupees. Do you really think your fruity chinktrash can compete with Japanese monitors?

>I WATCHED A 2 HOUR LONG APPLE COMMERCIAL AND BELIEVE EVERYTHING THEIR MARKETERS TOLD ME
Consider suicide.

they cost $40k because that $3k panel that they use might only have a yield of 10% for the tolerances that they need, bill of materials isn't everything that goes into cost

>Applel releases a sit tier IPS monitor and claims it can compete with OLED reference monitors
See it actually can't since you can't use FALD for a reference monitor. 600 points of FALD would mean something like a 20x30 grid, which would be well over a 150x150 pixel grid for each zone. Now imagine a 150x150 pixel grid having different brightness to the next 150x150 pixel grid and see how that would be unusable for reference monitors.

Now when you turn off FALD, all you're left with is a 2000:1 MAX (more likely 1500:1) IPS monitor with a bit better color space.

Attached: .gif (150x150, 5K)

>FALD
>reference monitor
"no"

There is an Asian guy on YouTube who review 30k monitor and say it's worth it giving their qualities.

youtube.com/watch?v=ESzWY0hW85Y

DELET

>Research and design
>Quality Assurance - Only the top monitors pass
>Calibration - Super precise methods needed for calibration and testing
>Extreme color precision
>Warranty - You bet your ass if there's a problem with it a brand new one is coming free of charge within 3 days
>Support - The company will spend night and day having customer support for the most basic and dumbshit questions
Apple isn't going for the professional market here. Their event was a way to get normies excited by comparing prices, despite being in an absolutely different market.

Apple screens are usually decent, since key element is made by LG or Japan Display

OH NO NO NO NO

>this is what ipajeets actually shill
let me know when your fruit toy is OLED

>despite being in an absolutely different market.
Based on what exactly?

>OLED
>burn-in
>no brightness

When you're making a $50,000,000 budget movie, a $30k monitor is peanuts to ensure you produce the highest quality end product. No one's going to try and save $25k to produce an inferior result on your manchild fruit trash toys.

>manchild fruit trash toys.
Imagine being this upset about a brand.
Regardless, I wasn't referring to Apple. Just that OLED is shit.

cope

It's very likely a Sony Panel

People who really care about reference monitors for a professional setting won't even consider apple displays. It's not the same market.

It's a lot like someone needing a minivan because they have a bunch of kids that they need to drive around.. considering a Harley.
It's not gonna happen. They serve different purposes.

Because that's the legend himself, who goes around calibrating displays PROFESSIONALLY and is one of the best reviewers and TV trade show reporters around because he's a PROFESSIONAL

>true reference monitor
>not a Sony

Attached: 1542090810283.jpg (720x960, 85K)

You mean JOLED

>When you're making a $50,000,000 budget movie, a $30k monitor is peanuts to ensure you produce the highest quality end product

Sure, that's true for the guys doing the mastering. But not true for the grunts, the artists, the guys viewing demos while editing, crew viewing snippets, etc. For that stuff you get the "professional" displays that range from $1000-5000. In the case of this new XDR display it's one of the few professional mini-LED FALD displays, the other being ASUS proart, not yet firm on a date and probably asia first at this rate. So compared to normal monitors it's a big step up. And HDR TVs still lack full coverage of DCI-P3 especially when normalized across brightnesses, like ~90% although at some given brightness it could be close to 95 or 98%. Not to mention deficiencies in one color area and they have to be calibrated out of box, which they might not be capable of hitting good calibrations with a particular panel. Not to mention a bevy of other potential issues like DSE and ghosting.

So you're a retard basically. The new apple XDR monitor actually fills a very mainstream role for businesses and content creators, replacing an old guard of professional monitors used by lower level content creators and QA. And it's only the first of a new wave, mini-LED FALD monitors like this will become more common and will probably make it to mainstream in 5 years if Samsung's cold print OLED venture doesn't stop it in its tracks. Don't even dream of uLED for a good decade. Samsung already knows it won't be viable for a long time, which is why they're still looking into micro full array and QOLED for the very near-future of top-end TVs, let alone some dinky mainstream monitors.

iToddlers BTFO

DELET

Attached: 1543352112674.png (1036x1402, 378K)

mactoddlers on suicide watch

oh no no no

>Comparing 100% Rec. 2020 monitors to 100% DCI-P3 ones
Yikes

If they managed to make it 16384:1 then it would be fine for HDR video, since most HDR video is normally only around 13-14 stops of dynamic range. If they wanted to do reference shit for HDR photos for prints though, oh fucking boy the level you need for that if you use a MF camera and do +/-2 EV bracketing

show me a single applel monitor that's oled

>Based on what exactly?
They are only advertising P3 gamut coverage (only really taken into account for movie production)
They are only advertising dynamic constrast (many run-of-the-mill monitors today can do 1000000:1 dynamic contrast easy, actual pros - and not ""professionals"" - want to know about static contrast instead)

ijeets will damage control this

They already did yesterday, kept moving the goalposts everytime they got btfo'd
>Muh P3
Countered with evidence
>But muh 1000nits
Shot down
>But muh 1000000:1 contrast
Btfo'd again
>But muh 6k
Dell has an 8k that covers both P3 and adobeRGB for little over 3k

And I'm they would still try to find something else if I bothered to keep going

?
I'm saying the Apple monitor is shit and can't be compared to the reference monitor since the colour space is smaller
Do you not understand this?

OLED is shit

>t. never actually seen an oled screen in person
Cope harder iSoi

It's not that I'm against Apple's product. I'm angry because they are trying to sell this shit to the general audience, who are using Apple's 'muh quality brand' products for facebook and twitter.

>Dell has an 8k that covers both P3 and adobeRGB for little over 3k

98% of P3 is not P3.

>implying I like Apple
Both are shit retarded NEET

OLED cannot into brightness

We also don't know if this monitor will hit 100% DCI-P3. I hope it does, really I expect it to, but the imac pro's display isn't 100% DCI-P3 even though apple aimed for that.

Anything above 95 is considered coverage

>Countered with evidence
>Shot down
>Btfo'd again

Not even trying today, Mr. anti-Apple shill?

>wow check out our professional xfr monitor that was certified against 8 different certification processes, and our new workstation with workstation GPUs
>BUT CAN IT PLAY GAMES
they're not trying to sell shit to the mainstream except the iPad

>using OLED for HDR master
retard

I would rather use a fucking 32-inch 480p TN display than this stupid shit, fuck Apple.

480p should be more than adequate for the average NEET

That's a TV.

Rage harder anti-Apple shill.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 15.45.54.png (2932x482, 458K)

I know this is bait, but in case it somehow isn't
You're missing the point completely. The point is that it's fucking shit as a reference monitor. DCI-P3 is becoming used less and less in the moderate to high end professional space. The goal is to go for Rec. 2020 for shit like 4k UHD masters now and the like. Not to mention that FALD introduces issues regarding contrast changes within zones, this being one of the big reasons OLED took off in the first place.
As a reference monitor, it's shit, and that's reflected in the lower price.
However, it doesn't have enough features vs prosumer monitors to justify the price increase, unless you really need that brightness which very few do outside of the professional market.
Basically if you want to make some kind of HDR video footage, but have issues seeing dynamic range changes within the zones, and you don't want to do it to UHD 4K blu ray quality, then sure. For HDR photos (or any kind of photo processing) there are better monitors for cheaper, for mid to high tier professional environments there's far more suitable equipment that has a price premium, and outside of those areas you need to be doing something pretty niche that doesn't push certain extremes.

The idea of spending $32,000 on a monitor so you can pay some retard $35 an hour to color grade. When in reality only people in your industry are going to notice anyway, and 90% of the time those fucks don't even pay to see your movies. Or so you justify to your client why you're wasting your money. Video-fags need to pull there heads out of their ass and stop wasting unlimited amounts of time and resources on shit that no cares about but themselves.

based sataniaposter

Once again Jow Forums's Apple derangement syndrome prevents any rational thinking. These are the same people who think their Threadripper gaming PC is comparable to a workstation. Loving Every Laugh.

based

educated and actually smart comment
you're free to close this thread after reading it

Attached: 1516655279473.jpg (480x357, 18K)

oh no no no no

mactoddlers have defended this

>OLED reference monitors
do they replace them every two years?

>itoddler has never heard of standard industry names
oh man this is gold

Yes, because they can afford it. When you've already spent $100 million making a movie, your sure aren't going to try and save 25k at the final step to save a buck and produce and inferior final product because "MUH FRUIT SHIT BRAND."

Don't forget their 2 year full warranty and 24 hour tech support and constant firmware upgrades. These are built into the price so any problems and they will most likely be covered.

>>Applel releases a sit tier
Why can fewer and fewer Americans (note: it's not "less Americans") into spelling?

Hi this is my Ihub account, post whatever (legal) you want with it:

Login: pyrrhonian

Pass: tacobell

investorshub.advfn.com/

Sony doesn't make OLED panels. They just put their brand name on LG panels.

>doesn't think anyone has a use for a screen 1/7th the price with some reference capabilities.
go back to /v/

If you have need of reference capabilities, you work for a major studio.
If you're working for a major studio you're making multi-million dollar movies.
If you're making multi-million dollar movies you aren't going to ruin it at the final step by cheaping out and using fruity chinkshit instead of the best of the best Japanese reference monitors.

*citation needed

Not all reference monitors are OLED. The Dolby Pulsars for instance aren't. This Crapple monitor doesn't compete with them either though. Not even close to being close. They hit ~4000 nits peak brightness.

Major studios will likely not touch this Apple display, but thousands of independent production companies will and most of those are already running on iMacs and MacBook Pros. I know this triggers the NEETs of Jow Forums but walk into a random production company's office and you'll most if not everybody working on Macs.

I don't like Apple, but that is how it is.

>If you're making multi-million dollar movies you aren't going to ruin it at the final step by cheaping out and using fruity chinkshit instead of the best of the best Japanese reference monitors.
Have you seen the average Blu-ray release? They are most definitely ruining the arguably final step by messing up the Blu-ray disc mastering.

LG puts its stickers on Samsung panels

fuck off

You've got a serious problem, man. You should get that anger checked out. It's not good for your health.

*citation needed

based

t. eurofat

itt cope

OH NO NO NO NO

oled more like burn in

>but walk into a random production company's office and you'll most if not everybody working on Macs.
Also true for literally any tech company on the west coast other than MAYBE Microsoft. It really is sad and pathetic but social status signaling goes way up. There are zero objective excuses for this since everywhere else on earth, even in very advanced high tech areas (Israel, Japan, Taiwan, S.Korea), no respectable tech company uses macs as the default for their engineers.

>reference monitors for professionals
I bet you think you need high end sound monitors for music production too.

Attached: into the trash it goes.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Probably yes, niche, professional products are costly. There's no incentive to make them cheaper too, as those who buy them are multi-million dollar film studios and TV chains.

>FALD
>Reference monitor
>Widest reference colour space is DCI-P3 when video is overwhelmingly moving to Rec. 2020
No.

Based

Rec. 2020 is just a little more green. Doesn't seem much

It's 37% larger than DCI-P3. That's more than the difference than DCI-P3 and sRGB

mactoddler cope

i love this meme

Maybe their IT dept is set up to support Windows and Mac but not Linux. I know which I'd choose given Windows or Mac.

Windows is only good for older CAD softwares. Other than that every company uses mac.