I'm looking to buy a new laptop, leaving toward a Surface laptop 1 or gen 2...

I'm looking to buy a new laptop, leaving toward a Surface laptop 1 or gen 2. Amazon has the gen 1 for $770 for dual core i7, and but the second gen would be $230 more for the quad core i5.

Is it better to have a dual core i7 or a quad core i5?

Attached: Surface-Laptop-2-8.jpg (1164x873, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07M9SMWMS
youtube.com/watch?v=whzTdX1oMfU
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's better to not buy a surface laptop at all.

>incel cpu
lmao

quad

Why?

How about a non-pozzed AMD64 laptop with a GPU that isn't complete dogshit even for minecraft?

amazon.com/dp/B07M9SMWMS

pic related: after spectre and meltdow patch (not including MDS/zombieland/disable HT).

Attached: 1558039242262.jpg (700x421, 33K)

if I were you I'd consider the Thinkpad L390 Yoga, you get a god tier keyboard, current gen i5, 8GB RAM, fast 256GB PCIE SSD, included pen for a similar price
youtube.com/watch?v=whzTdX1oMfU

Avoid the Surface at all costs. They are some of the worst built laptops I have ever had to use. Oh, and they are a bitch to repair, too. Just get a used business laptop, it's the safest way to go.
Stop talking about video games, you stupid child.

You don't have to play games on it but why spend more money on something without a dedicated 2+ TFLOO GPU with fast vRAM? There are other uses for a beefy GPU other than cowadoody and fartnight you know.

It's still a really really nice laptop overall. If you don't need all the beefy performance you can switch to the iGPU and enforce a 15W TDP for the CPU and get like 8 hours or more of web browsing battery life.

I've been seeing some really enticing Lenovo laptops, the only thing I'm worried about is the Chinese spyware issue

Then why were you considering a Microsoft laptop? They have a track record of spying on users.

Can someone explain this graph to someone with a room temperature IQ?

Attached: 1558179123845.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

Really? I didn't know that.

Have you ever heard of Microsoft Windows?

Is there proof they did this? Are you over of those people who is paranoid about Alexa spying on you, or is there a legit case of spying?

That should honestly be the LEAST of your worries, few of them have an AMD64 processors. Unless you have ALL 30+ security mitigation OS/BIOS patches fully enabled hackers can literally grab passwords from your RAM without setting off your anti-virus with an extremely basic and simple javascript that can be hidden in a legit website. The older the intel CPU is the more security mitigations will be missing.

Attached: 1558184054585.jpg (1011x963, 302K)

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
You're right, AMD64 CPUs should be avoided entirely.

CHEZA Chromebook.

shamefully bumping for this

Attached: Michael-Scott-Sad-Face-Funny-Picture.jpg (982x1024, 76K)

>www.gnu-
>taking a cheese foot eater seriously

That article is a bit of a stretch imo...

Enjoy the spyware, then, winjeet.

>buying laptop
>over $500 usd
Dumbass. Might as well become some Apple or Lenovo fag.

Hello friend. I am a proud surface laptop 2 owner who mainly bought the product for aesthetics. I don't know much about cores but my Dad seems to think that i5 is better. He's a network sales engineer so take that as you will. If you don't mind telemetry then it's extremely helpful completing your search results.

Attached: 20190528_151936.jpg (4032x3024, 3.22M)

>an extremely basic and simple javascript that can be hidden in a legit website
Lying FUD copypasta, browsers have been patched to reduce timer precision and added jitter to any data available to JS in order to combat speculative execution vulnerabilities.

Fuck you faggot you motherfucking bitch boy I'll fuck you in the ass until you lose that extra chromosome.

Right but that's now been fully bypassed with MDS. The only way to thwart that is to completely kill the power to hyper threading so there goes like 25% CPU performance out the door.

What about
I've always wanted a gaymem laptop since I'm in college and can't have a desktop but was always too broke to afford one. Now I'm working part time in the summer break and already have like half of $500... almost.

Seems decent and has solid fun specs. Furries wont flock to you because of an apple logo and lenovo fags wont waddle over to you for your computer specs. Good pick.

Attached: thumbsup.jpg (355x236, 53K)

What about the build quality is horrible?

Weak frame, awful keyboard, fragile screen.

When you want to know the difference between any two cpus, look up benchmarks for the exact cpu model numbers and see how they compare.

It's not that simple unfortunately. Intel lies about its TDP. Even """5W TDP""" core-m chips are pulling like 30 watts under load so a gookbench or even a cinnabon won't tell you much. Better to check out prime95 torture tests on notebook review website for a better idea at performance.

Not a problem with AMD CPUs btw, 15W is 15W and 35W is 35W (ie U and H APUs).

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9DLzkvODA1MjU3L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA3LnBuZw==(1).jpg (755x561, 109K)

Laptops aren't for klutz like yourself, child.

>i-it's your fault, y-you're using it wrong
No, you shill. Surface is just a shit line of products.

Look up Flickergate.
Every surface generation may have a hardware design flaw that won't become apparent until 2-3 years later.

Define "weak", define "awful", define "fragile. If your whole opinion on the Surface Laptop is based on the build quality then terminate yourself immediately.

Pic semi related, just replace "both sides" with Microsoft products.

Attached: 1559410660735.jpg (474x590, 33K)

Weak, as in not rigid. Prone to bending, cannot withstand any strain.
Awful, as in mushy keys with no travel and an assembly prone to missed strokes.
Fragile as in breaks easily.

It's really not that complicated, shill.

Like I said, laptops aren't meant for children. I don't need to tell you how to take of your things.

Also your stint on the keyboard is downright laughable because the Surface keyboard is frequently rated one of the most comfortable keyboards on a laptop. It's not autistically ergonomic but it gets the job done with sick aesthetics to boot.

You are so spergy about these things it's amazing.

Attached: 3FC1DBF14B61480E9A6B3C5250E2A839.jpg (1200x1600, 194K)

>Like I said, laptops aren't meant for children. I don't need to tell you how to take of your things.
Surfacefags are basically crypto itoddlers at this point. Jesus.

Try to be more subtle next time, prajesh.

Under rated.

No, it gets praise for actually being a serviceable keyboard mounted to a piece of floppy cardboard. It's not that it's good, it's that it could have been SO much worse.

>There are other uses for a beefy GPU
Like what? Specifically for a laptop GPU

>the Surface keyboard is frequently rated one of the most comfortable keyboards on a laptop. It's not autistically ergonomic but it gets the job done with sick aesthetics to boot.
Here's your keyboard, bro.

Attached: surface-laptop-teardown.jpg (1600x1200, 181K)

Sorry that you have huge neckbeard hands and need a "sturdy" laptop ROFL. Never in a million years did I think that Jow Forums would be defending "sturdiness" as a breaking point.
I'm sorry that you hate Microsoft products on a first name basis. The gossip about Surface laptops being easily breakable is greatly exaggerated.

basically, you're looking at up to half disc read speed with the latest security patches for the intel chips

Incorrect. I was an early surface adopter. It's an over rated pile. Surface book is more of the same with a better keyboard.

>be retarded
>slice open your laptop with a knife
>be surprised when it opens up
Woah bro

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

That's how you open it. There is no other way, shill.

I own a Surface Laptop 2 and think the hate here is unwarranted. What's your point? It's not aiming for your impossibly high standards for a laptop. If you want a Thinkpad then get a Thinkpad if you're that concerned about ergonomics. But PCs will always be superior in specs to a laptop therefore specs on a laptop don't really matter/are obsolete.

Maybe you don't need to handle knives near a laptop if you "accidentally" slice open your laptop. I'm saying that scenario is unrealistic.

Retard.

It's not. But you do you. And I'll keep steering people away from meme machines.

If you can't handle a knife then you definitely shouldn't be around a laptop
You're misguided.

>If you can't handle a knife then you definitely shouldn't be around a laptop
How much do your ESL classes cost?