Oh you need more clearance for your pci-e we got you

>oh you need more clearance for your pci-e we got you
>oh you need y’all ram, it’s cool
>oh you want us to btfo bequiet cucks at their price point while still being better

absolutely based nh-d15s

Attached: 2E36F03D-A20C-4E23-B027-687E5B45EA13.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AD-4WKwCAfE&t=5m
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let me say this: AMD stock coolers are fucking nice and I wish someone made a knockoff for Intel CPUs.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 116K)

They're fucking loud though, my 2700x cooler screams whenever I'm doing anything demanding.

If you're gonna buy a third party cooler might as well buy something better than AMD's stock coolers, no matter how good those are.

Completely pointless now that the NH-U12A exists, cools as well and doesn't block the first PCIe slot.

Not everyone has two cpu fan headers on their board

he said d15s

It comes with a Y-splitter, dumbass.

And? The D15S is just as wide as the D15. It's the exact same cooler with only one fan. It still blocks the first PCIe slot.

no it doesn’t r*tard, they offset the one side so it doesn’t

>And? The D15S is just as wide as the D15. It's the exact same cooler with only one fan. It still blocks the first PCIe slot.

Attached: large.97c0616e9ab06447a4769e39142940cf.jpg.376085e24a2ac4049ff0fe8052b39eb5[1].jpg (1920x1280, 351K)

Something about this is just so anesthetic.

Attached: _20190607_221501.jpg (641x586, 67K)

DBP4 is quieter and looks better and cools better than this ugly turd

enjoy your poo fans lmao

Attached: be_quiet!_dark_rock_pro_4_06.jpg (1920x1280, 331K)

too tall

werks in my machine

I like the idea of lower cost less noise and better cooling than some AIOs, but I cant stand a giant metal tumor growing out of the mobo and occupying 1/3 of the case. Whats the smallest aircooler that will keep something like an oc 2600 cool enough under load in a mid case without being noisier than an aio?

Attached: 1482721186934.jpg (497x450, 22K)

Attached: be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-2.jpg (1000x768, 113K)

but what if I want to clean the fan? lol

for a stock cooler it is extremely good

BeQuiet is the way to go bruddah!.

Attached: 52259326_392976561478446_3766610323440664576_n.jpg (528x960, 108K)

are those edelbrocks bro?

I take it to a mates workplace with a large air compressor about once a year or every two years and just blast the dust out from everywhere.

I've got the OG bigass NH-D15. It goes down to just the top of my GPU, close enough to make me glad I have a backplate but not blocking anything. And the second fan does block my RAM but if I raise it to almost hit the side panel of my case everything fits fine.

i bought a dark rock pro 4 coming from a noctua and the way you install it is horrible never again will i purchase anything from bequiet

They def improved it over last version, it's not that hard

fans sucking air out on top of your case what a retard enjoy having no cool air for your cpu since it will be sicked out before reaching it

the point is its cancer and doing it in a case is even worse

We just don't have enough cooling capacity.

Honestly, with air cooling, is there anther metal or something that will remove heat efficiently?

Only silver and copper.

BODE

Well the one thing that's really practical to do is to replace aluminum with copper. Copper has much higher thermal conductivity, but it's also significantly more expensive and heavier. (you can get a very minor gain by lapping off the nickel anti-corrosion plating)

Silver is more thermally conductive than copper, but it's obviously more expensive still, and has worse tarnishing problems. Pure silver is also even softer, it's a pretty poor structural metal. One company did actually make a heatsink with a silver base back around the turn of the millennium.

Improving the heatpipes would be tough. They're filled with water, which has the advantages of being nontoxic, of readily evaporating and condensing at routine computer-chip temperatures, and of having a high specific heat and also a high enthalpy of vaporization. (the former is the amount of heat it absorbs for a given change in its temperature, the latter is the amount of heat it absorbs when changing phase from a liquid to a gas). You're pretty much not going to find a better coolant fluid.

Maybe they could solder the fins to the pipes better. I don't know what kind of solder they use, silver-heavy solder would be better than tin-lead.

Technically, there is diamond. Diamond has a thermal conductivity several times copper or silver. But if you were to find a way to make big blocks of pure diamond, you probably have better applications in mind than computer heatsinks.

>evaporating and condensing
You don't want that, wouldn't steam pressure rupture the heat pipe? I bet they add antifreeze to keep it liquid, like in a car engine.

And leave a vacuum in it's wake? Airflow is a good thing.

in terms of cooling, it's top notch
in terms of practicality - I cut my hand every fucking time I have to do something in the case because of how god damned big that fucking cooler is

>Heatpipes are filled with water
Disregarded your whole post

They do add antifreeze to automotive coolant to extend the temperature range, but you don't need much if any such capabilities for a heatpipe for use in computers. 0-100C covers pretty much all you're likely to encounter.

provide a source that proves me wrong, naming the not-water thing that's in them.

Only downside is being restricted to cases with enough clearance. Smallest case I've found that'll allow it is the Raijintek Thetis, any smaller?

The colors remind me of India

Covering "pretty much all" scenarios isn't good enough, when going outside that range at all will destroy it.

What if the heat sink is sitting on a shelf in a warehouse before being sold, and the temperature drops below freezing? Every single heatsink bursts, thousands of dollars are lost, and the distributor vows to never buy from that manufacturer again.

Or what if you're overclocking and exceed 100C for a few seconds? Do you really think it's okay for your heatsink to explode and spray boiling water all over the inside of your case?

Fuck that, just add a little antifreeze, problem solved.

You can buy brackets to mount AMD clip coolers on intel sockets.

Stop choking your case of air

CPUs cool very inefficiently at high temps because of the IHS. You need a very high surface temperature delta to keep them very cool. Honestly it seems like it's been getting worse with each new gen.

as a guy who chipped a few dies attaching heatsinks back in the Socket 370 and Socket A days, I think it's probably a price worth paying desu. Well, so long as they're soldered.

I do wish they paid more attention to surface flatness and didn't use that damn thick nickel plating though.

have no problem with my 2700x
or my old i5 6600k at 4.5ghz

Retards
Correct

CPUs are relatively hot compared to GPUs. A 140mm aio is all you need to keep a 300w GPU under 70c but the same can't be said for a CPU.

I don't think you understand how heatpipes work, at all

That i5 probably draws like 100-120W. What's the OC on your 2700x?

4.3ghz under stress test it averages around 61c

voltage?

I have a BQ DR PRO 4.

it works well.
On the cons however the installation is terrible. Cleaning it would pretty much require complete removal.
My cooler for some reason cooled poorly when freshly installed but dramatically improved over time (from 72C to 55)
Perhaps it wasn't pressed down very evenly ot there was a bubble in thermal paste.

Maybe i should have got Noctua, but this isn't terrible anyway.

NH-C14S is pretty similar

The C14S is fucking massive bro. It's like a U14S turned sideways

The greatest bottleneck when conducting heat between the die and cold air is not the IHS its the thermal paste.

Metals conduct heat an order of magnitude better than non-metals because electrons.

A couple of years ago using liquid metal between the IHS and coldplate was very popular.
Since then non-soldered CPUs became a thing and bad paste under the lid became a greater problem, but assuming you have a soldered cpu using liquid metal on top of the ihs is still a great improvement.

>Chipped.

They really fuckig should starp making them like GPUs.
Instead of an IHS they use a metal quard bracket that is flush with the dies that doesn't allow the cooler to actually press on the silicon.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 11K)

They don't put "bad paste" under the lid. It's a thermal pad, which is why it performs worse than paste.

>no liquid cooling solutions

liquid cooling is for virgins

The monster air coolers perform on par with the biggest AIOs minus the pump noise, pump failures, permeation and microfin clogging issues.
Also cheaper.

AIOs are a bullshit for retarded children.
Well they seem to work well on GPUs though, but the tripple fan tripple slot coolers arent terrible either.

Attached: 20180205_204156.jpg (4032x3024, 3.38M)

Noctua's installation is much easier, but performs with only 2-3 degree improvement. I suppose once it's in and done it just comes to looks

Attached: 20180205_204137.jpg (4032x3024, 3.4M)

See They aren't memes or 'bullshit for retarded children' anymore, AIOs are factually better performing. However, they come at a cost increase, some more noise and have more points of failure.

t. going back to air from a 6-years of functioning AIO

youtube.com/watch?v=AD-4WKwCAfE&t=5m
are you actually clinically retarded?

It fits

I have never understood being bothered by fan noise
I keep all 4 of my case fans on 100%, CPU fan at 100% GPU at 75% even when idling. I'd I could make the fan on my PSU go any faster without fucking something up I would too.
Like yeah it's noisy, so fucking what? Just put on some noise cancelling headphones or take it like a man.

Fuma gang rise up

Attached: 714-GWN+AJL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 24K)

>Upgraded from a 2500k to 2700x
>Literally never had a cuck paste CPU

Attached: metro-movie-set-1.jpg (540x405, 44K)

>Fd R6 with a solid side wall
>Swapped all the fans for silent wings 3
>Tweaked curves for minimal RPM while idling
>No noise and no light
>I can sleep with my PC on seeding torrents or waiting for the single seeder for some old anime movie.

I use my PC fans as white noise to help me sleep. Silence doesn't sit well with me

That's not a lot. And what stress test are you running? Even in something like small FFT prime95 I imagine it'd be around 140-145W

thats a big cooler

Everyone knows that Noctua is fucking based, but still.
212 EVO masterrace over here. My Bulldozer bonfire idles at like 25 celsius, and that's with a beefy overclock. I don't know why you'd need anything more unless you're literally trying to double your clock speeds from the base spec.

Attached: 39198_1571854573776_1157872547_31663366_5779158_n.jpg (333x500, 56K)

I didn't mean to reply to you, sorry bout that. I agree though: absolute silence is pretty trash for sleep.

No one ever used liquid metal between the IHS and die...

Only Intel used TIM and they moved back to solder for their high ends, like the 9900k. Ryzen, minus the APUs, is all soldered too. But they still seem to cool worse than older CPUs

user you don't understand, I just like running my fans at full speed even when idling.

i enjoy falling asleep to the pitter-patter of my RAID 6 array doing bittorrent

>idles at like 25 celsius, and that's with a beefy overclock.
you are aware that idle temperatures are completely meaningless, right? If you have a system that is perfectly stable at idle but crashes as soon as you do something moderately intensive, would you find that acceptable? If not, then your relevant measure is the temperature with Prime95 on all cores.

For quiet friendo.

An evo 212 could probably cool an 9900k if you fit it with some crazy high 3000rpm fans.
My gpu goes from 80 to 40 if i manually set the fans to full blast and screams like a jet taking off.

But when you go quiet you need massive fucking coolers.

>being bothered by fan noise
It's a good litmus test for autism

What goes into a post like this? How do i even reply to you? I was going to say 'stay average', but I guess you also settle for below average quality of life without improvements.

Not sure, but seeing as you put 'sage this thread' in your title, I'd say you are the autist here

Provide testing procedure
I have my fat PS3 fan at 50% and that's fast and loud enough to keep it cool under load while also being very audible from 2 rooms away and it doesn't bug me even when it's 3 feet from my face
Like yes it's fucking loud as shit and anything higher makes me worried it'll be a danger to even touch but it's not that annoying

Autist detected

Stay average

This shouldn't hurt as much as it does

p300 is a nice size and just about fits it

>tfw have to spend an extra £25 to make it presentable
noctua why

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

>Noctua is Austrian
>Be Quiet! is German
I'm just saying.

Attached: Untitled-2.png (720x720, 117K)

>le clean
>le black and white
>le branding
Do the covers at least do something for temperatures?

Attached: 1536526989297.gif (652x562, 626K)

Yes, Austria and Germany produce shit.

>i'm a zoomer because I want my PC to look nice
cringe
compare this

Attached: 7rne41z.jpg (3264x2448, 780K)

they channel the air through the heatsink instead of letting it leak off to the side

who the fuck wants to throw that abomination on a noctua.

And what taiwanese brand are you fanboying?

Both fans can actually be taken out, it uses same clip-on system noctua is using

to this
it's a no-brainer
me and every other person who doesn't enjoy things looking ugly, I bet you wear crocs and a stained hoody every day

Attached: IIBGtZu.png (1200x1353, 2.12M)

That's actually bretty gud

In theory that's nice, but is there a measurable difference in temperatures?

>PCs have to be covered in black and white shrouds in order to look nice
People like you are the reason we have black slabs with fans on motherboards nowadays instead of copper heatsinks.

Attached: c7b67a28fa.jpg (500x375, 72K)

>PCs have to be covered in black and white shrouds in order to look nice
uh yeah, they do especially when your heatsink is horrendously ugly like the noctua ones are