Let's be honest here, the apple pro stand is actually pretty cheap for what you get...

Let's be honest here, the apple pro stand is actually pretty cheap for what you get, the amount of reaserch and development that went into designing it and the precision engineering required to manufacture it is unbelievable

Attached: apple-wwdc-2019-mac-pro-stand3669.jpg (1092x728, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wl4Hg23RQHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You used a lot of words to convey absolutely nothing.

Hey guys let's use this shitty bait thread to house a thread about gyaru girls Jow Forums

Attached: Gal Gohan - Gal Gohan Vol. 006 Ch.041 - The Confession Contest - 7.png (850x1200, 341K)

What I'm saying is that the price is justified, a lot of engineering went into designing the mechanism that holds the monitor and the stand was milled from a single block of aluminum

it might be worth $200 at most. Burt you're already paying $5000 for a monitor, what's another $1000 gonna hurt?

Lets be honest, you are being paid to post this damage control thread about a bad product in all fronts, the amount of time spent writing this crap text might be extensive but due to your low IQ and funds the content turns out to be pretty pathetic

There are other tech companies that sell exclusively expensive stuff. Like Razer and Alienware. However those companies target audience is the gamer demographic.

I think Apple has turned into the company that sells to the rich elite that aren't into gaming. Think about it, there isn't any other tech company out there that caters to this demographic of regular folks that can and will blow their money on such expensive tech.

Is the people who buy this being ripped off? Monetarily yes, but by buying such an item it puts them (or keeps them if they already are) in a specific group of people. By then it justifies the price. People who buy this stand will probably hang out with other people who would buy this stand.

2/10 bait made me s__e

Attached: 473.gif (400x300, 2.51M)

AS engineer here. A. Not a single block 0/10 bait even apple is not that retarded. B. In the sheme of engineering this is about as complicated as a toothpick.

They should've just included the thing with the monitor and charge everyone 6000 usd

>spend billions on R&D
>no horizontal rotation
woops

>OP isn't trolling and instead is paid shill
cringe

>no horizontal rotation
?

Attached: wew.png (2444x1730, 1.16M)

horizontal rotation, as in, from left to right.

Guarantee if you actually move it around much it'll get loose and start sagging in a couple months
And their tech support will tell you you're using it wrong

Just move the stand then

>Just move the stand then
>$999

Attached: 1534121540151.jpg (1279x1065, 112K)

why do you need to rotate it horizontally? you put the screen directly in front of you, mongo

>apple pro stand is actually pretty cheap for what you get
You sir are a complete idiot. I have installed more than 1000 monitor stands, and I know how they work, how they break, and the best ones. Apple makes the worst ones and always have.

Oh wow so much engineering into a mechanism invented by cavemen

the monitor looks good for the price. do you think sony doesn't make a profit on their reference monitors that cost several times as much

> I know how they work
Not really. This one is different.

>you put the screen directly in front of you, mongo
it's not for a fucking gaming PC you retard

>Sonygger SU-561 (SU561) Monitor Stand
>Tilting angle, 5° forward, 10° backward
>$200

Attached: image.jpg (1024x998, 46K)

I bet if you have dual monitors you'd put the screens on each side with the bezel directly in the middle like a fuckwit.

I have triple monitors, I will rotate them horizontally as I work at different parts of my desk.
My $100 monitor stand rotates horizontally.

cry harder about a minor nitpicking complaint about a product you wouldn't have bought anyway

Attached: snudda-lazy-susan__37244_PE129233_S4.jpg (500x500, 14K)

>$999
>they can't even include a lazy susan

like I told him just move the fucking stand. I don't see him complaining about laptops not being able to rotate the screen horizontally but no, this stand by apple is a big nono for some reason

>What I'm saying is that the price is justified, a lot of engineering went into designing the mechanism that holds the monitor and the stand was milled from a single block of aluminum
Exorbitant waste doesn't justify a high price.

it wasn't made for poorfags, are you gonna sour grape about koenigsegg carbon fiber wheels too

Na, they're expensive because they're actually difficult to manufacture.

Apple trash are literally for poorfags who can't afford actual reference monitors. Enjoy your chinkshit fruit knockoffs of true Nipponese reference monitors.

the markup on the apple stand isn't as big as you probably think. some anons have said it costs as little as $10-30 to make. that's ridiculous. you couldn't make a dirt cheap version of this that has all the same features and the same build quality. it's not a very small stand, it has to hold a 32 inch aluminium-cased monitor sturdily, look at the size compared to her arm at the end of this vid:
youtube.com/watch?v=wl4Hg23RQHQ

if it was made out of tungsten or kevlar/carbon fire i would have accepted the price

carbon fiber*

>Let's be honest here, the apple pro stand is actually pretty cheap for what you get

You could get fucked for less to be honest!

Let's be honest here, OP is just a seething poorfag who can't afford a real reference monitor that does Rec. 2020.

Attached: 1535212936291.jpg (546x561, 35K)

Precision engineering is when you have to worry about +/- microns not 0.01.

Attached: Screenshot_20190608-003931.png (1080x2160, 474K)

thats the joke

I wanted to invest a new gaming PC but this convinced me that all i need is a stand , thanks based Apple

It's made in China for something like 70$. But paypigs are charged x10 for brandtax.

Meanwhile Apple sold your data - including home address! - for 13c a pop
What an amazing corporation, aoutstanding conartists.

Attached: 1559779374527.png (778x627, 203K)

So what features are they claiming justify the price?
Does it have a VESA mount and the price is the R&D into supporting industry standards?

Dell 200$ monitor got it included.

No, it was hand-pressed from a single cube of aluminum using 100 hands of poor Vietnamese children who squeezed each others fingers until they broke.

they don't need to justify shit to you plebs. the professionals who this is for know what they're buying.

Are you damaged user? Nobody buys something without having features to buy it for. Doesn't matter who you are. It can be anything from brand loyalty to survival.

it's a solid aluminium stand with a counterbalanced mechanism with all the adjustability you need and a magnetic attachment. holds a fuckhuge monitor firmly in place.

for example an ar-15 costs $1000+ for a nice one and that's roughly comparable in size and complexity.

Lamo I can design this shit in milkshape3d and 3d print it and it will function the same

Thank you. That's a good answer.

>This $999 stand doesn't perform one of the most basic functions of any other stand that can be had for a tenth of the price, a function that millions of people use
>"YOU'RE NOT THE TARGET MARKET POORFAG"

Do you pay an additional $999 for laptop hinges?
You absolute fucking retard.

It's a shit answer.

You can use the AR-15 you buy for $1000. A closer comparison would be buying a $1000 stock for that AR-15 and having to spend $5000 for the remaining, actual part of it.

>It's a shit answer.
No it's not.
Clearly we're dealing with an apple aficionado.
Their justification for purchase is what's being sold. Doesn't matter what reality says.

>the amount of reaserch and development that went into designing it and the precision engineering required

What fucking engineering? How fucking good a fucking stand can be at being a stand?

because there is no quality difference between MSI's plastic $1299 monitor and the apple monitor

dude it's made in china, they make literally thousands of them a week. $999 is too much, a chink company would sell it for $50.00

it's products like this that did it for me. not a big fan anymore. apple isn't cool to me anymore, they are just gay

$50 stand
$0.79 per lb of aluminum + and steel bolts (marginal cost)
$10 per unit manufacturing cost
$10 per unit research cost

Apple fags will defend this.

Attached: 0fa.jpg (500x362, 33K)

What did apple mean by pricing this as much as an iphone x? that this is an overpriced aluminium garbage, or that the phone x is an overpriced garbage?

Tfw when no carbon fire monitor stand. Why even live, Jow Forumsuys?

Attached: 1559934215462.png (250x159, 70K)

>Guarantee if you actually move it around much it'll get loose and start sagging in a couple months
because you definitely know more than the engineers who designed and tested it

typical Jow Forums comment lol

*destroys your 1000$ keyboard*

Attached: dust bunny.jpg (1200x1200, 73K)

>half metal half plastic
>tiny
>sony

This clearly wasnt made for you. I bet you think horizontal is better too pleb

Nice meme but a block of aluminum isnt going to bend unless you really try

I thought this was hentai. What is this shit?