Is it okay to disable all intel patches if you only run steam and never open a web browser?

is it okay to disable all intel patches if you only run steam and never open a web browser?

Attached: 1559782239218.jpg (1024x683, 65K)

Wait for a 5 years and no one will even remember it.

The Steam client/store is literally a web browser you retard

yeah, but i wouldn't be allowed to go to any websites in it

Steam is a browser stupid whoreposter

yeah, but i wouldn't be allowed to go to any websites in it

Yes, it's totally ok, man. You just wait a minute, I already calculate your IP.

Based blackman.

WARNING First , please , MAKE SURE YOU KNOW what you’re DOING!

I have seen many people asking for this, in different threads, so here you go!

If you would like to disable:enable all current and future mitigations :

This is from another post, sorry I don't have the source post but this is the content of it.

Make a batch file with the following: @echo off reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

It disable all the mitigations, and likely will for the future mitigations that Microsoft will publish. Run this batch file as administrator.

If you want to turn everything back on, make a batch file with the following: @echo off reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 72 /f reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

In case you wish to turn on all mitigations, and additionally disable HT, then replace "72" on the 3rd line with "8264".

P.S.

As I get a lot of messages, do this on YOUR OWN RISK! Make sure that the machine you are disabling these mitigations is not your main machine, meaning that you are using it to gaming only and that you are not exposing your passwords or sensitive data ( bank acount, personal info..etc)

>a thread died for this

This bricked my arch install fuck you

>steam
Fuck off back to and come back when you stopped using spyware, malware and DRM.

I've got one better. Delete system32 faggot lol

Absolutely incorrect.

Attached: 1de.jpg (680x695, 55K)

>actually getting memed into Jow Forums muh patches amd poorfag party cope meme
Ishygddt

Attached: aaaah_the_frenche_pain.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Yes. How did everyone run vulnerable CPUs for 15 years??

it was high-end researchers that discovered the vulnerabilities probably before malicious malware creators did.
But once the malware artisans were made aware, it was at that time they could begin crafting.

Aaaaand it's still fucking nothing and never will be.

I did that couldn't measure a significant performance difference. there was one but it was always less then 1%.