So, what does your day to day look like as a software engineer? is it anything like this?

so, what does your day to day look like as a software engineer? is it anything like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=UK2000bGHio

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yzmQVejR6a8
youtu.be/O0MxA9xi_Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=9g-U2-cAUMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when will this forced diversity quota in Silicon Valley bubble pop? i mean companies like Facebook and Google literally budget these people are separate expenses, apart from the actual developers to fulfill government mandates and quotes, and to virtue signal. when does the money run out?

Attached: 513V.jpg (1357x1281, 440K)

this is advert to get girls into 'tech'

i'm so angry right now

about to
they are already getting sued for discrimination and the cases goe through (see James Demoore case for one), there is no such thing as "positive" discrimination - it's racist and it's illegal

How does she get any work done with all the meal and snack breaks she takes, I counted a solid 3 hours of actual work accounted for. Also she thinks 12:15 in the afternoon is 12:15am

>Also she thinks 12:15 in the afternoon is 12:15am
what do you expect from a female "engineer" who wears low cut shirts and a choker to her fucking playground of an office

The funny thing is that Google checked of there is a wage gap and they've realized they pay more to women. They have raise to many man. Kek

Her virgin orbiter does it for her.

These lifestyle video will probably unironically draw more women into tech than any of the meme programs designed to get them interested.

Holy fuck did she do like 1 or 2 hours of actual work in that entire day? Most jobs try to squeeze every microsecond out of you and want you to work at home for free.

#techlife
#womenwhocode

Attached: whore.jpg (960x3202, 1.1M)

>eating while working on desk
absolutely horrible work environment.

>working
hue

And will probably disappoint them even more.

Why do we need to encourage anyone to join? Just put up a good offer and candidates will come by themselves.

:^)

it's toxic day.

>Why do we need to encourage anyone to join?
because 'equality'

the ironic thing is that the interviews at airbnb are usually really tough. I doubt she'd pass if it she didn't have a vagina.

My office is basically the same, engineer in Boston. All the perks like the free lattes and snacks make you starry eyed right away, but at the end of the day after a while they lose their appeal and the most important thing is finding a good place to work with good people, free popcorn every day doesn't mean shit but companies use stuff like that to boost their appearance in this competition of who has the hippest office these days.

The only perk worth it imo is having a nice cafeteria you can get good food at every day for cheap, my cafeteria serves shit like a restaurant and is cheaper than fast food which is super nice, everything else like the free lattes and snacks loses its appeal over time like I said. Also, why the fuck does she eat at her desk that's gross and makes the working area smell like food for everyone else.

Other than that, I have my own office with a closing door, as does every engineer where I work which is worth 10x more than any other perk.

fuck women and fuck technology
fuck everything already
tired of seeing all these stupid fucking meme le ebin software engineer bullshit videos.
Buying myself a motorcycle and going full rogue cross country

>Wake up at 5:30 am
>Get shower, eat oatmeal
>In car by 6:00am
>Inside office building by 6:30am
>2.5 hours of uninterrupted work before annoying coworkers show up
>9:00, hey user, I got a question, interrupts my hard earned concentration
>10:00 "stand up" meeting (protip: everyone sits)
>12:00, eat lunch at my desk
>12:00 - 4, ignore emails and IM messages while implementing features
>4:00 lunge out the door before anyone notices I've left so I don't get any last minute questions on my way out
>Home by 5:00, eat dinner
>6:00 - 11:00, take online classes, browse Jow Forums.

Lol dumb zoomer of only you knew. You first days will be in hell.

>wearing a choker to work

Attached: 1426728822671.jpg (359x500, 152K)

Uh.

It probably is, I can't fathom this being a real job. It's a "viral" recruitment campaign. I don't what kind of people they hope to get from this, but eh.

Attached: YOUJUSTKNOW.jpg (395x434, 62K)

it's a fucking clownshow.

Hard for women to get into tech because there's so many incels who hates women or orbits them.
That's why there's so many female only companies and events.

Tech vloggers need to be shot.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.jpg (1024x719, 66K)

>who hates women or orbits them
why don't they just make separate women only offices

The better question is why can't nerds behave like normal decent human beings?

>Never shows her screen or any of her work
Hmmm...

because human nature

wrong post. meant OP

>show employers proprietary code to a million people on youtube
>get sued

Fuck this industry and fuck nerd culture.

Why won't these females make their own female-only companies and show how strong can they be without males? Or maybe it's these orbiters that actually do their job?

If they are majority then they are the normal ones.
Assimilate or fuck off.

I wasn't sure what to post in this thread so I'm just going to answer "this"

>why do women never want anything to do with me?

Who are you quoting?

>all pictures she's just by herself

lmfao what a loser loner

Attached: 122.jpg (614x531, 79K)

whomst art thou quoting and women scare me too much

This is the only female programmer I like
youtube.com/watch?v=yzmQVejR6a8

I browse youtube on my phone for 5 hours, vape for 2 hours, eat lunch for 1 hours.

Attached: 1555876062336.jpg (600x800, 41K)

>so, what does your day to day look like as a software engineer?
show up at work
unpack my laptop
go for a cigarette break with whoever came at work earlier
go back, read email, browse youtube, have a cigarette break
go back, go for breakfast, sit 1 hour chatting with people
real work starts now
work for 3 hours with cigarette break every 30 minutes
go for lunch
30 minutes of work, spend the rest of the day watching yt.

There are female only events, but there are no female only companies. The closest you can find are female owned companies which hire more than the industry average of women.

>Why won't these females make their own female-only companies
Because that would be fucking stupid. Every corporate leader (male or female) knows both men and women can bring commensurate value to a company. They're not going to shackle their hiring to prove an angry guy on the Internet wrong.

You don't network much do you

youtu.be/O0MxA9xi_Vk
this will get you even more mad
she didn't even get IT education, she hated coding, she simply 'jumped into start-up world'

Attached: 822p76477ziabAM.png (634x352, 360K)

God I wish that where me.

>10:00 wake up
>11:00 arrive to office
>11:10 browse news
>12:00 am standup
>12:15 go for lunch
>13:00 browse Jow Forums
>14:00 rice desktop or do some shit script for giggles
>15:00 actually work for 1-2 hours
>17:00 go back home
>smoke weed
>play games
>watch anime with friends
>watch YouTube in bed
>go to sleep

Something like this.

Don't think like that user!
You have a ton of untapped potential.
You're not her, but you can be a really great you.

1. What statement do you disagree with?
2. What networking have you done that tells you otherwise?

Does anyone ITT actually work the whole 6/8/whatever hours worth of work? or does everyone here just have impostor syndrome?

there were attempts at female only tech companies - they failed

some 'media' outlettes are pretty much female only

So you don't, as I expected

i dont understand something about these videos, or these companies in general. facebook/twitter/airbnb any of these companies, have made their product already, their product barely changes at all, and barely has changed in the time it has existed, the changes that have been done are simple and were done in one go.

what do these people do all day?
>product design meeting
they literally have no product, its the users of their platform that have a product and manicure the profile page to sell said product., so what do all these thousands of people do all god damn day??

Attached: shoeys.jpg (498x529, 49K)

But I want to be a girl so bad.

Why?

I have no clue. I've always wanted to. It's an irrational impulse.

Please help. I'm 35, and I cannot find a woman who isn't completely obsessed with herself. The girls who are in their 20s are massively narcissistic whores who just want to get wasted and fuck, and the girls who are in their 30s are almost universally single moms who are super fucking bitter and carrying immense baggage from a decade of being a massively narcissistic whore who only wants to get wasted and fuck, but now they also want you to raise someone else's kids.

I just want a humble, feminine woman who isn't constantly in selfie mode, and who hasn't seen more bell ends than weekends. Do such females exist?

>Do such females exist?
They do. I have been with one for almost ten years and we just had our first child together. She's the only one I've ever met.

Are they actually the way you describe them or do you only assume they are?
I know plenty of girls who do not drink and for the most part just go to work and hang with their friends and a few older women who are not single moms. As a matter of fact most women I know are unlike you're description.

It sounds like you're the bitter one projecting your negativity on women and/or simply ignoring any women who do not fit the archetypes you described.

That must be hard to deal with.

There are women like that. They're need to be found, like a scavenger hunt :).

all you gotta do is, move to the midwest.

They are definitely busy developing more advanced botnet.

>software “engineer”
>still at the mercy of a unionized tradesman

Hopefully never. I just wear a dress to work and reap the benefits

why do they eat/drink so much in these crappy videos?
my lunch consists of eating cold chef boyardee out of the can

based provocateur

currently I do, and my last job. but they seem to be out of the norm.
also right now i'm doing a lot of braindead testing that I can do for 8 hours.
if its actually interesting design work more like 2-4 per day
if i had a good nights sleep.

flash news, not everyone in the IT dept us a fecking beckbeard

I'm unemployed right now but i did in all my past jobs.

how about 12hr/6 days during crunch months

you are not wrong.

I've only ever done manual labor jobs designed for the dregs of society and you typically are always doing something other wise you get fired
can't wait for a job where you sit all day doing pretty much nothing

and she is russian :D :D

Yea. Even though Russian women are retarded as well, they are not retarded enough not to realize that they aren't men.

I am pretty sure that there are some people just changing the colour of the buttons of a static page that is accessed by 0,1% of the users, but there also are people who would work on their APIs - facebook devs working on react. Also do not forget about stuff like machine learning - there would be some people literally working on smarter botnets.

Do not look at these companies products as one thing. Thing about the support suit of products that they use and also future products that they plan to use. Google has a search engine + colab + firebase + docs + gmail + youtube + android + ............. 1000 more products. You may only use the search engine, chrome and android, but I am also interested in colab and firebase. A developer working on them would actually have tasks that are meaningful and not just making a gay logo for pride month.

ДA, бaзиpaнo

Something I always asked myself. Why are they called engineers. Do they have atleast a BSc in Science? Have they studied advanced calculus and physics?
Honest question.

>advanced calculus and physics
in uni, you study some advanced maths, but not too much...

I have both BSc and MSc and never ever called myself an "engineer". I never called myself "intelligent" too and my opinion about myself is that I am a brainlet, which is my main motivation to not call myself titles that I expect smart people to use.

>I never called myself "intelligent" too and my opinion about myself is that I am a brainlet
which basically means you're not a brainlet. Anyone who thinks of him as "intelligent" is literally a brainlet.

you have not seen my code...... you too would call me a brainlet in a second.

Let me describe you the following:
It took me 5 days to set up a vue.js + bootstrap front end page that sends post requests to a firebase backend.

By Jow Forums standards I am black.

she eats alone at her desk..that's pretty sad. i think that says it all.

My day is actually similar to this, go to work, code all morning, or maybe the odd meeting once in a while, but rarely. Chef serves lunch and everyone in the company eats together, go for a walk to get a coffee with others, back to our desks for more stackoverflow, maybe take a break and go to the gym, or keep coding and then go home. rise repeat.

>By Jow Forums standards I am black.
you've probably done more than 90% of Jow Forums posers. the majority of posters here just parrot shit.

Based
youtube.com/watch?v=9g-U2-cAUMM

I have years of experience with Java and Scala and I was confused as fuck when I was confronted with modern frontend development. To this day, everything related to node.js confuses me, it's horrible.

Fucking based

I've never seen a female engineer in the office past 6 pm

thank you anons :D . I guess there is some hope for me.

Why are so many software devs salary slaves, surely anyone with a half decent idea and minimly viable product should be able to at least start a subsistence business they can call their own.

It's funny because actual female developers use very little social media. And they're cuter. Pic related was a PhD intern we had.

Attached: CMykUPxWwAArsEL.jpg (795x1200, 149K)

They do, its HR department

wew based.

>are they actually the way you describe them?

yes. that's why I described them that way.

I fucking hate videos like this. I've been trying to see what different careers like this and have been trying to see if there are any videos explaining what people do in their career. But every one of these fucking 'day in the life' videos have nothing to do with their work. I don't care what you eat for lunch or what your morning routine is or how you spend time with friends, talk about the fucking work you do.

is she extremely smart or being an engineer is a meme now?

no user, we need more hackers when the transexual super conglomerates take over the world. WE CYBERPUNK NOW

She hates programming and never studied CS. She basically make mobile apps lmao

Brah you suffer from imposter syndrome. You've done more than 99% of Jow Forums.

based queen of tech

I honestly could, but I get done everything I need to do for the day in like 4 hours and fuck around for the rest

>talk about the fucking work you do
that's the joke