According to what we learned in an interview with MSI CEO Charles Chiang and from other vendors at Computex 2019...

>According to what we learned in an interview with MSI CEO Charles Chiang and from other vendors at Computex 2019, the platform will also bring higher pricing for the next series of AMD motherboards. As a result, X570 motherboard pricing could be similar to Intel's expensive Z390 motherboards, if not higher. In fact, even the lowest-end X570 boards could cost more than most previous-gen X470 boards, though Chiang stressed that pricing decisions are still not finalized.

OH NO NO NONONONNONONO

Attached: x570.jpg (524x295, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-x470-b450-motherboard-performance
youtube.com/watch?v=qszxxIumJOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shill thread
pcgamesn.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-x470-b450-motherboard-performance

Attached: intel.png (188x268, 9K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 1.07M)

most of the cost is because of pci-e 4. someone screencap this for when intel launch their overpriced locked down piece of shit with half the amount of lanes with higher pricetag

AMD always had expensive motherboards compared to Intel.

Attached: 1487452561666.jpg (192x171, 26K)

Then just get X470...

Everyone already knows that. If you want a budget board, B450 will still be fine and will run a 3900X unless it really has shit VRMs. 3800X will be no problem with overclock. X470 will be fine for mid-high users who don't care about the PCIe 4.0 shit. X570 is basically for people who "need" to have the top of the line shit in every gen and/or possibly high overclocks with the 3900X/3950X although it remains to be seen whether there will be an overclocking advantage with X570 unless you get one of the ridiculous $1200+ boards.

dont forget the increased bandwidth on pci-e 4.0 meaning you can run a fuckton of high-bandwidth nvme or other things off the pci-e

as someone who's main desktop is still on PCI-E 2.0 on an X58 board, I'm sure PCI-E 3.0 will be just fine. I know AMD and all the mobo makers want to push prices up, but, yknow, fuck you, X470 is gonna be plenty, and I'm sure it'll last me another decade. Oh yeah, and no tiny little chipset fan that'll have dead bearings after three years.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUCIDE WATCH

I think I'm going to hold out until x670 xD

>I'm sure PCI-E 3.0 will be just fine.
no shit sherlock.
>I know AMD and all the mobo makers want to push prices up, but, yknow, fuck you
you're fucking retarded. it's more expensive because to get the increased bandwidth the signals need to be better so shit's not corrupted, and that means higher quality components, and higher price for buyer.

if you dont need/want the higher bandwidth on pci-e lanes then yes old chipset will be enough.

and this board runs without any VRM or Chipset cooling at all, dipshit youtube.com/watch?v=qszxxIumJOQ

oh and it's 15 fucking watts. just get an aftermarket passive cooler and dont have a fucking aids shit case with zero airflow

considering that performance has been going up at a snail's pace for the past decade, if that, we shouldn't put up with companies saying "Oh, we want to 'move upmarket' so we can charge more", we should be demanding continual declines in prices - and not buying if they try to boost costs.

idiot

>low-end high tier mobos will still be expensive

buy the b550 then

Attached: 1538842937962.png (1268x943, 1.85M)

>shillshardware
fake & gay

AM4 is a dead socket and won't support DDR5 and PCIe 5.0, if you buy Rypoo 3000 HOUSEFIRES garbage you'll be wasting a lot of money since AMD is changing sockets to replace their dead end platform

Huh, and all the shills on Jow Forums tried telling me that AMD would be cheaper LMAO

This.

AMD is supported 'until' 2020

>AMD has a socket last at least three generations
>Intel can't keep a socket more than one
Trolling is a art.

I'm not going to wait until 2020 for my b550

I'm considering going with MSI b450i for a 3900x. The audio chip is literally garbage alc887 and downgrade from alc1220 found on even the cheapest boards. What USB DAC/Amp should I go with and wouldn't that justify moving up to x570 if I had to get a DAC?

There are no low end x570s. The minimum VRM configurations are like doubled or parallel 8 phases. I think there was one itx with direct 6 phase. On the face it's already on the same level as the Crosshair VI x370 and better than certain x370 and x470 flagships, although we'll have to wait for more info on what components are being used. Although the components on previous flagships are junk now compared to the stuff we're seeing on the high end x570s

which board is sufficient for 3900x?

no

get an audio interface and use the optical to send the signal to your receiver

Yeah and this is generation 3.

Not a cheap one that's for sure.

Lots of pcie 4.0 lines are expensive.

Literally an apple audio USB-c adapter to an amp. You can find tons of cheap amps.

4xx chipset lacks pci lanes and cant even have 2nd nvme at full speed (not that 95% of users care about that)

X570 because you are getting top end chip don't waste money on cheaper mobos and limit potential.

>msi
Dropped

Fuck off. This is probably why AMD artificially blocked ANY FORM of PCIe 4 support on older boards via an AGESA update, even though OEMs like Gigabyte has already updated their BIOS to support the top slot(s). Now that they have the upper hand they can screw the consumers whatever way they like just like Intel did. Zen 2 supports older motherboards simply because 'muh promise' that's all. They might very well block Ryzen 4000 on X370/X470 using the same excuse for PCIe 4 'oh we must be 100% it support, not a maybe', even though many of the higher end boards should be of no problem.

>it's more expensive because to get the increased bandwidth the signals need to be better so shit's not corrupted, and that means higher quality components, and higher price for buyer.
>Being THIS delusional

Even though Intel engaged in some pretty anti-consumer tactics such as the 8700K/Z170 incompatibility, at least they allow newer generation CPU lanes to run on older boards (X79, 6 series chipset). Suddenly this is OK because it's AMD doing it?

Doesn't mean your X370 motherboard will support the final generation.
Also, supported until next year you mean? You know something else that is supported until next year? Windows 7.

At least 3 generations because you count those Excavator APUs which are absolutely cringe tier. Heck you can even consider each Ryzen APU to be of a 'different generation' from the CPU Ryzens.

>There are no low end x570s
You can't make this shit up. The Asus TUF Gaymen X570 for example WILL BE a low end motherboard with shitty VRMs. Probably won't allow PCIe bifurcation just like the predecessors.

Not an argument. Ryzen 2 and 2.1 are the last sockets of am4 you are buying a dead socket.

Fuck off, retard. The PCB needs to meet certain requirements to be able to carry reliable PCIe4 signals, there is absolutely no point in enabling it if it's going to shit itself as soon as you try to exceed PCIe3 limits, it would only result in more "LE AMD UNSTABLE XDDDDDD" maymays.

>The PCB needs to meet certain requirements to be able to carry reliable PCIe4 signals

>implying all the higher end X370/X470 motherboards does not conform to this 'new thing'

>being THIS rarted

This is literally what AMD says. You know what Intel says? Spectre mitigations don't affect performance.

You need to go back to >>>/reddit/r/AMD and stay there