What are the benefits of using fax machines in the 21st century?

What are the benefits of using fax machines in the 21st century?

Attached: dn1knleqnuxblxazqiry[1].jpg (800x600, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/vulnerabilities-in-fax-protocol-let-hackers-infiltrate-networks-via-fax-machines/
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19045837
nytimes.com/2013/02/14/world/asia/in-japan-the-fax-machine-is-anything-but-a-relic.html
bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36385839
research.checkpoint.com/sending-fax-back-to-the-dark-ages/
shop.mfbfreaks.com/product-categorie/occasions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're certified cloud free.

Nothing, japs are retarded.

If you live in a place with spotty internet, you're almost guaranteed that the phones will work. You don't have to rely on anyone's server to send a message

Faxes are still used a lot in healthcare because it's the easiest way to transmit data while making sure you're HIPAA compliant. The rules around other forms of transmission are far more strict.

more skilless knuckleheads get employed to be pencil pushers so that they're kept away from screwing up anything important. Those faxes aren't gonna pick up themselves.

>it's not part of the botnet user

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/vulnerabilities-in-fax-protocol-let-hackers-infiltrate-networks-via-fax-machines/

OOOF

Japs like comfy, comfort zones, comfort women etc. Let them be.

There are no benefits.

As someone who runs a business, I can honestly say fuck you to anybody who uses fax as a method of communication. The only reason it hasn't died out is that all the boomers who use fax machines haven't died out yet.

Attached: 0KOA6.jpg (1274x954, 109K)

I worked for a tech company until 2011. The only way to purchase their products in 2011 was still via fax.

spbp

Sending black faxes to local governments

Secure means of communication. I still use it to send certain things to certain people.

Lots of attorneys transmit documents via fax and courts will accept some filings only in person or via fax. As to your actual question, there are basically no benefits, other than perhaps cost.

it's comfy

This. I work at a drug/alcohol treatment center and used to work with college financials (FAFSA uses FERPA policy which is similair to HIPAA)
Basically because companies still deem it "the only acceptable alternative besides snail mail".
Dumb.

get the fuck outta here lucas

Is the fax even properly encrypted or at all?

It's 100% clear, so anyone who can listen to your phone line can grab it.

well, firstly, it gives you an excuse to be a retard. "oh, i sorry, i own a fax machine," and they'll just be like, oh, sorry sir, handicapped parking right up front for ya."

i mean that's a pretty high IQ play but it's worth a shot

It's 40 year old tech that only still exists due to backwards compatibility. Take a guess.

Thank you government for keeping our data safe with regulations.

its reliable
its secure
its fucking easy to use

>benefits
comfy points

Attached: 1558703490196.jpg (360x359, 34K)

I think I needed to send one fax in the last 20 years, so i just went to my local newsagent and paid $0.50 to send one

Even more fun when you consider that many newer fax machines aren't on POTS lines but use T38 to communicate over VOIP networks.

This
Zoomers don’t fucking get it, not everything newer is easier and I’m saying this as a zoomer
If you need to send a document that is on paper through electronic means, fax is the easiest method
You place the fucking paper, enter a number and you send it
Any other method using a phone scan app, PC with a scanner and email is going to be more involved

>reliable

HAHA hell no its not! 2/3rds of fax lines I've sent to suck and rarely go through

The main advantage is that every single office in the US will have one. They may not like using it, but they will accept a fax for anything. A paper fax copy is more taken seriously than an email (since they have to actively receive it and don't want to lose it). If you own a business, a fax machine is still essential unfortunately. Some companies will ONLY accept faxed certain documents.

>rarely go through

if the other end is fucking idiotic and cant set an auto fax tradeoff its not the machine's fault you know you cant just say it doesnt go through data dont suddenly get lost wtf are you talking about

Based Japs
Fuck tech fetishists pushing new stuff just because its new
fuck "new" "technology", technology is moving backwards in lots of ways with all this IoT bullshit
Streaming is the future for shows and movies unfortunately, but Netflix' """""UHD 4k""""" isn't actually HD or 4k, it has the fraction of the bitrate of a regular blu-ray, let alone an UHD blu-ray. People are buying 4k TVs just to watch their bit starved streams.
Spotify doesn't even offer the quality of a pressed CD, and CD never reached its full potential because the engineers didn't utilize it and the redbook STILL hasn’t been updated to what it should be, even then SACD, DVD audio, blu-ray audio exist but unfortunately the industry wanted DRM on those
All the unneeded electronics added to modern cars because of regulations and so there is 1 more thing to break for planned obsolescence. It took both my dad and I to change a headlight, had to disconnect half of the bumper and I held the bumper back while he changed the light. Only reason it was designed that way was to encourage you to take it to the dealer.
Subhumans pay for digitally distributed games even though digital distribution has done immense undeniable damage to gaming just so the industry can make more profit, the cum guzzlers get mad if you pirate and/or refuse to pay for digital distribution.
Cult of Elon Musk exists even though his companies would not exist without government subsidies, and EV cars are less complex and simpler than ICE and have existed for 100 years.
I am fine with actual technology and am alright with not having an (insignificant) amount of convenience but it doesn't matter since most people want the easiest thing or the newest thing even if the only advantage is an insignificant amount of convenience or it is “new”. I sincerely hope an event happens that causes most people to die since they have ruined it for me, and all they can say is "who cares luddite, its the future!"

Attached: 1537598390852.jpg (835x676, 217K)

>Firstly, the culture of handwriting is firmly rooted here. For example, the majority of resumes are still handwritten because Japanese employers are said to judge people's personalities from their writings.

>Secondly, Japan is obsessed with hard copies. People like to hold actual documents, not just to receive soft copies.

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19045837

>Experts say government offices prefer faxes because they generate paperwork onto which bureaucrats can affix their stamps of approval, called hanko. Many companies say they still rely on faxes to create a paper trail of orders and shipments not left by ephemeral e-mail. Banks rely on faxes because, they say, customers are worried about the safety of their personal information on the Internet.

nytimes.com/2013/02/14/world/asia/in-japan-the-fax-machine-is-anything-but-a-relic.html

U cant get hacked

>planned obsolescence in cars
Fuck off
We live in times where you can exceed 300k miles with nothing but basic maintenance
and all the electronics in cars? not everything is that critical where the car won’t start
Short of a crank/cam sensor or the ECU going out, it’s hard to stop a modern EFI car, if any other sensors go out the ECU is smart enough to go to a fail safe tune

NIPS ARE PERPETUALLY STUCK IN THE 90S, LIKE THEIR FLIP PHONE OBSESSION

THEIR TECH STORE DISPLAYS ARE SO QUAINT

This, and people wonder why they're getting surpassed by chinks and gooks in technology.

It's what happens when you prop up failing and non-innovative companies.

Attached: Capture.png (809x670, 45K)

>Firstly, Japanese people are superstitions retards
>Secondly, Japan hasn't figured out you can print e-mails yet

Some banks will fax us documents but not email them.

It is literally faster to receive a fax, sign it and fax it back than receive and print an email, sign, scan and email it back.
And has legal weight.

EVENTUALLY THIS TECH GETS SO OLD THAT NOBODY RETAINS THE CAPABILITY TO LISTEN TO PHONE LINES ANYMORE

NIPS ARE PLAYING THE LONG GAME, SECURITY THROUGH OBSOLESCENCE

>It is literally faster to receive a fax, sign it and fax it back than receive and print an email, sign, scan and email it back.
Only if you didn't automate the process in any way, which you can
>And has legal weight.
which is besides the points that were being argued

>>And has legal weight.
E-SIGN IS ALSO LEGAL

This.
Fax machines are also cool af if you think about it. They can be rigged to do all sorts of stuff too. It's peer-to-peer dialup.

Somehow I doubt that's the plan, but you're still right.
Like that episode of GitS where the Major ended up with a briefcase full of floppy disks.

>Only if you didn't automate the process in any way, which you can
At worst they'd be equivalent.

>The US nuclear weapons force still uses a 1970s-era computer system and 8-inch floppy disks, a government report has revealed.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36385839

>Like that episode of GitS where the Major ended up with a briefcase full of floppy disks
Fuck, I'm gonna have to rewatch SAC again

Why do people still listen to FM radio or watch TV?

Some arguments that can be made for fax machines:
- They're fucking simple to use
- Their use can be easily automated and controlled with any run-of-the-mill server (ActFax/ActiveFax is some software that comes to mind)
- Phone eavesdropping/wiretapping carries very stiff criminal penalties, hence does not require same stringent encryption standards than using the Internet for things like HIPAA.
- They are much harder to ignore than an email.

Cons:
- (relatively) slow
- Not encrypted (however relying on encryption in-transit is silly if you're paranoid; You can send encrypted messages via fax if they are encrypted before you send them using a one time pad or otherwise)
- Bulky, unless you're using a modem add-in card or USB adapter.

Haven't had to send a fax since i worked at a doctor's office though. Eh.

>FM radio
Because digital radio is and will always be shit
Guberment forces our agencies to move from analog to digital radio so they can sell the frequency band.
Every fire department/police station to adapt so far is eternally cucked with bad radio.
Turns out valley area isnt great for packet based communication
The cherry ontop is they dont even encrypt the talk

>secure

i had this convo some weeks ago with someone and he was insisting that fax machines can get viruses like a pc can from an email

i didnt knew if i should laugh or not

laugh all you want
research.checkpoint.com/sending-fax-back-to-the-dark-ages/

Fuck off.

Those massive buttons makes me think this is for the elderly. So i guess the benefit is that you could communicate with gramps.

What made you think they can't? It's like saying that phones can't be exploited through SMS. Yes, they very much can. You are just dumb boomer.

If you have a 56k modem lying around then you can hook it up to your pc, connect your landline and use it to send fax to whoever you want all around the world. International calling charges may apply.
You can send dick pics to the Queen of England if you have her fax number.

fax are still used for some legal and various shit compliances. Fax is not dead yet, just a matter of time.

nothing to do with what i literally said
>hurr durr you are a boomer
t38 doesnt allow attachments you pathetic excuse of a human being

It's not, but the idea behind using fax for HIPAA is that it's at least not stored anywhere. The connection is p2p. It's not really an acceptable level of security, but it's at least secure at rest compared to cleartext email.
Now, you could just encrypt the email, but imagine trying to get tech-illiterate boomer doctors to do that. Even with Microsoft holding their hand the whole way most fuck it up.

shop.mfbfreaks.com/product-categorie/occasions/

Attached: Minuet_Head.png (522x522, 286K)

I work for a company that owns over thirty nursing homes and they all use fax machines as well. Besides faxes between buildings, sending in certain reports to some of the state/federal overseers requires making a zipped and password protected copy on a CD, then snail mailing with tracking.

Spotted the seanigger

You can send emails even when the internet is down and power is cut, as long as you can power your fax machine and as long as the exchange is on emergency power

Wew, not even putting the nukes on the botnet. The Maericans are tetrarded.