Why aren't you using the best server side programming language?

Explain yourselves

Attached: Go-Logo_Blue-trimmed.jpg (1061x455, 34K)

Python is easier and more mature.

Rust is more performant.

I would rather build a backend in Python if developer time is more important, and Rust if compute time is more important. Go is for retards that want an in-between solution.

Do you even know Rust though? It sounds like you're a Python-only fag, and not even a experienced one.

LOL

Go's error handling is really off-putting. It feels like I'm writing C checking return codes.

better than node i guess

Yeah even Java's checked exceptions are better (and that's saying a lot).

Errors should be baked into the data type, like Rust's results.

Attached: 1524819596675.png (300x441, 25K)

It's boring.
Assembler is much more fun and rewarding, and it's the boss that picks the language used on the work, so it's a moot point there.

t. Wage cuck

If i have no boss, why i would use a boring language?

>Python is easier and more mature.
Go is easier because the constructs are simpler and more orthogonal compare to Python's. Plus has better type checking and better parallelism for performance. Maturity isn't really a problem because Go's standard library has pretty much everything in it from a webserver point of view, and can do certain things such as JSON marshalling much easier than Python.
>Rust is more performant.
For the domain that Go works in, the performance for Go is good enough to justify avoiding the extra complexity of Rust.

>using corporate-maintained shit
You never learn do you?

>Go is good enough to justify avoiding the extra complexity of Rust
which means you are a shit programmer

>Rust is more performant.
Golang GC pause times are in the milliseconds, which is about the only thing you might worry about wrt performance in a webserver

GC is not what makes Go slow
and milliseconds is a lot

It is not a lot when the IO is 100 ms already. Add one ms? Nobody notices.
Rust is overkill here.

OK so how do I learn it? I've literally never programmed before but I heard it's fast to pick up. Official documentation seems tailored to seasoned programmers.

why, smart people who make money shilling crypto use Go to quickly build their websites which could handle high traffic.

no node_modules shit is even remotely comparable

It's simple yes but the truth is nobody has bothered writing absolute beginner tutorials for golang yet. It's too new and the only people switching over are people who have learnt several languages before

This is where python has go soundly beat. Your best bet for a first programming language is still python

the truth is nobody knows how to teach complete beginners in short amount of time (few months)

I am using php right now.

ah it's the classic, "I make everything harder on myself and others, what do you mean the right tool for the job?" larper

But when you arent garbage you can write as fast in Rust as you write in Go especially since Rust makes memory management piss easy

Go is a python alternative, Rust is a c/c++ alternative, they are not comparable. The OP is retarded anyway, you wouldn't write server-side applications in Go, you'd write them in Rust and write client-side in Go, or anything that runs at human speed.

look, ma, a retard

Go is a fucking Java alternative designed by people with IQ > 120 (selected into Bell Labs) while java has been designed bu a committee of

I would've been ashamed to say that in public

The tour of go (online) or the little go book (pdf). After that/those, make some thing and google whenever you're stuck.

You should be ashamed for still allowing yourself to live.

>best server side programming language
ScriptBASIC with C modules

nodejs and asp are waaay better in every aspect except memory use.

But I do use C#

Attached: 191.jpg (831x1024, 68K)

ASP.net core is ezpz

no u

I do not work in a sweatshop and ceased to code PHP some a decade ago at version 4.x, after reading the immortal classic The Fractal Of Bad Design.

I have a tiny spark of intelligence which allow me to choose Django or Go some micro-frameworks

I use spring. Literally all it takes is to wire up some shit and I've a complete server running while my manager believes that I'm working super hard and fast. Dumbass doesn't know that I spend 90% of my time watching YouTube and 10% wiring some services.

Go is not even faster than Java.

>inb4 idiots who do not understand how the jvm works posting synthetic benchmarks "look!l

JVM is a multi-threaded user-level process which does byte-code interpreting (yes, hotspot is able to JIT some parts into native code, but it is fucked because of aliasing and shit) and inefficient JNI interface

shall I continue?

But I'm already using Java

>inefficient JNI interface
weird to bring this up when go's ffi is abysmal

Because it has a Garbage Collector. And Garbage Collectors are shit. Remove the GC and then ill take a look at it. Otherwise: Just fuck off with your gay GC language.

but i am, user

Attached: file.png (91x56, 3K)

go stdlib compiles into native code, desu. Go code seldom needs FFI

Currently the fastest web libraries are all written in Rust, C and then C++.

Go language isn't even in the top 10 at all.

it's native but falls apart outside of pure go code

ok reddit, calm down
Also php 4 and php 7 are as similar as html and C++ are

>you'd write them in Rust and write client-side in Go, or anything that runs at human speed
what the fuck are you going on about? Holy shit.

What are you on about? There are absolutely some great beginner tutorials and get you started on a server side web application. Just search for them.