Why aren't you using Unraid for your NAS/Server? It has by far the best...

Why aren't you using Unraid for your NAS/Server? It has by far the best, most flexible solutions for redundancy and expanding storage.

You're not STILL using FreeNAS, are you?

Attached: seo-unraid.jpg (664x540, 90K)

Fuck no. Never used FreeNAS. Build your own shitty storage is shitty. I buy Dell/EMC/Compellent, Synology or Buffalo.

snapraid is superior and F R E E ad in freedom

>snapraid is superior
Idiot.

how is it not? it doesnt suffer silent faults and supports up to 6 parity drives
plus its open source, free, and doesnt require you to install some shitty slackware-based os

Snapraid is not an operating system you stupid idiot.

I'm using Gentoo as it's the most flexible as a bare metal OS.

>It has by far the best, most flexible solutions for redundancy and expanding storage.
where are the question about OS?

What do you think FreeNAS and Unraid are, moron?

>muh question about what you think piss and shit are
your the moran
whatever headless gnu/linux distro of your choice with snapraid will be superior to either

You're only further proving your idiocy with each post you make.

>your the moran
Based

I'm using debian 8 and it still works like a charm for my needs. I will replace it with ubuntu server 20.04 next year though.

But snapraid is so heinous it looks like a 12 and year old made it. Why would I ever choose it over freenas?

I mean it looks nice but $$$

I use snapraid+mergerfs.

> It has by far the best, most flexible solutions for redundancy and expanding storage.
Not even close. That's Ceph. Not that Snapraid, Lizardfs/Moosefs, Quobyte and many more arent more flexible too.

Freenas... with ZFS? Because ZFS performs rather poorly and can't grow or shrink or change RAIDZ levels. No management.

>Not running LizardFS on multiple SBCs, using whatever filesystem you want and mounting the volume on whatever OS you want
Honestly I just wanted it to be easy to add additional storage but this shit works really well.
Only problem I've run into is that the mfsmount point sometimes segfaults when used on ARM. Runs fine on x86_64 though

Attached: 1533857402189.gif (432x299, 2.89M)

Does it support snapraid?
I don't want a raid systemfor my nas that has to spin all disks just for accessing an image of a frog.

Attached: 1559254312951.png (262x384, 125K)

You don't need RAID if you're not running a company/enterprise tier setup

I use omv with snapraid

Based Zoomer. Lemme guess, your MacBook air has 256GB local storage?

Have a NAS with 4 TB. But please explain why you need redundancy for your hentai collection.

You haven't even used Unraid, idiot.

im using debian sid with zfs.
only running unstable because some python thing i use required a bunch of libraries that arent available in stable. i rarely update packages though, so nothing broke so far

I don't want to lose images to bit rot

enjoy silent faults and corrupted data over time

>no argument
No problem, mindless idiots like yourself will never learn because your head's too far up your ass.

>not using a miltimode fiber SAN w/ environmental controls
>he probably just uses an external USB hard disk
lmaoing at ur pathetic life

>Multimode fiber
Lol stop living in the past gramps.

Because all the data I care about could fit on an sd card.