How do electric cars help in protecting us against climate change?

Attached: IMG_20190610_223506.jpg (735x528, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/news/78089-tesla-hating-pickup-drivers-blocking-charging-stations-but.html
sparrowmarine.com/is-it-true-that-the-15-biggest-ships-in-the-world-produce-more-pollution-than-all-the-cars/
industrytap.com/worlds-15-biggest-ships-create-more-pollution-than-all-the-cars-in-the-world/8182
css.umich.edu/factsheets/carbon-footprint-factsheet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

probably by getting power from a source that isn't coal-burning?

They don't, it's a scam to leech on >muh green energy meme.

if you life in a place where most of electricity comes from hidro generators like here in brazil. it quite clean as hidro makes no emmission

They don't unless your power production is actually clean.
Krauts driving electric cars actually run on fucking coal power...

live*

We get the cars produced in third world shitholes like USA so they take the brunt of the pollution.
USA gets to keep fondling shareholders' balls by polluting its own country and we get clean cities without smog. It's a win win.

it's almost as if there are no other benefits to owning an electric car

>a coal power plant can only power one car

this

They're more efficient. Gasonline is a heavy liquid that has to be sucked out of the ground, transported, processed, transported again, and then loaded into your tank. Then your engine is, at best, 20% efficient - the rest of the energy goes to heat.

An electric car can be powered by clean sources like nuclear / wind / solar. Even when your electricity is coming from a coal or natural gas plant, the plants are efficient, and produce far fewer emissions per unit of energy than burning gas in your car does.

but when everyone has electric car, the demand for electricity rises and the hydro plants are no longer enough.

Reading your comment it's like reading a corporate Tesla pamphlet.

Pv energy is perfect for electric cars.

There are other companies making electric cars.

The worst part is that :
1/ It's impossible just for a city to have electric cars only : The electric network won't hold.
2/ Electric cars are dead after 10 years.
3/ Electric batteries are really expensive to recycle.
4/ You use the same amount of coal to produce an electric car than driving a gaz car for 10 years.

electric cars are a meme.
they dont solve any issues and create new ones because of the huge lithium batteries that are needed they would destroy the environment in south america if everyone would drive an electric car
the german automobile industry is pushing this meme to generate a massive sales spike

t. german environmental engineer

>How do electric cars help in protecting us against climate change?

By having 80 % efficiency rate as opposed to 20 % for gas fueled cars.

electric cars where more popular than petrol in the 1910's

Attached: xL_ocOXN2bpkIPl5j0Re7a16uag.jpg (720x480, 52K)

>electric cars are dead after 10 years

Take all the money you would have spent on oil changes, parts breakage, and the general tomfuckery that comes with a machine as complex as a gas engine. Save it for ten years, then get your battery replaced or refreshed, and you'll still have a good chunk of change left over.

Attached: Detroit_Electric_car_charging.png (1280x720, 854K)

So internal combustion engines burn coal?

build more hydro plants. while you have space to build hydro plants you have green energy

Now compare the weight/volume efficiency of oil vs batteries and cry

>south america
Come now Hans, you know that's irrelevant, the entire point of "Green X" is to signal your piety and holiness. Who cares what happens to a bunch of smelly apes in the Third World? It's not like we're actually trying to setup power generation independent of fossil fuels, if we wanted that we'd just switch to Nuclear.

no? what the hell are you trying to say here
electric cars can use electricity from renewable sources and not pollute is the point
gasoline and deisel power for cars is still dirty

>cuts down the whole forest because of solar panels

techspot.com/news/78089-tesla-hating-pickup-drivers-blocking-charging-stations-but.html

Attached: 5c26802ee04d6252c224d24c-1536-768.jpg (1536x768, 145K)

Any how is all that lithium extracted from the ground?

>things that didn't happen
just use nuclear you dumbass

They don't.

>electric cars dont break
ok

Yes i know.

I also know that 99 % of all car trips are to places that are less than 30 km away from you so this is not in fact an issue.

For the other 1 % it sucks donkey balls.

Based as fuck, holy shit.

A good argument for them is that you can remove a big source of pollution (cars) from the big cities and move it to far away places (energy production areas).

cringe

>99 % of all car trips are to places that are less than 30 km away from you so this is not in fact an issue
Unless you turn on the AC and your power consumption is multiplied by 10

Gee, I wonder what happened to them?
>inb4 muh petrol cartel meme

Also you can stop being reliant on oil from horrible places.

And US Dollars needed to buy that oil.

Attached: have-sex.jpg (1200x911, 128K)

Just as well clean alternatives such as nuclear, wind, solar and wave also exist to fill those other gaps in electricity demand.

>Inb4 "b-buh nuclear is no clean111!!!"

You are literally retarded if you believe that.

cringe

Now you're just talking out of your ass.

I'm in the mountains with horrible winters and horrible summers, AC does not increase my energy need 10 fold, maybe an extra 0.2L/100km.

not how AC works, bud

Submerging a forest is worst than burning it. They'll rot under water and produce methane.

so will your mum

imagine having a micropenis

Fun fact: The world's 15 biggest cargo ships produce more pollution than every car on earth combined.
Remember that next time your government tries to increase your taxes to "combat pollution".

Correct. That would not be very economically viable though. She produces wealth alive.

>being this mad about what other people drive

I'm happy to be rid of gas cars just to reduce local pollution.

Civilized countries have rules against that.

You just call the police or towing service, they're happy for every new customer.

yeah and
it's still better to not contribute
agree that the tax increases are bullshit nonsense though

it isn't.
Lithium is highly reactive, and therefore is extremely rare in pure form.
It's usually extracted from brine via electrolysis.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty car emissions don't contribute very much to local pollution. For example, most of China's smog is caused by coal burning.

Yeah but luckily I don't live in China.

Care to share the reference for that?

That was the case years ago. Not anymore.

still though
gas is expensive

SUPER quiet, expect fatalities from car accidents to go up, thereby lowering the population count across the world, therefore slowly removing the biggest contributors to global warming

Attached: car.jpg (735x528, 158K)

sparrowmarine.com/is-it-true-that-the-15-biggest-ships-in-the-world-produce-more-pollution-than-all-the-cars/

There's loads of other articles written on it, including one by the Economist. I'm looking for an actually study for you right now.

"Says James Corbett, professor of marine policy at the University of Delaware: “Ship pollution affects the health of communities in coastal and inland regions around the world, yet pollution from ships remains one of the least regulated parts of our global transportation system.” It sounds serious, but how bad could it be? Staggeringly, if a report by the UK’s Guardian newspaper is to be believed. According to their story, just one of the world’s largest container ships can emit about as much pollution as 50 million cars. Further, the 15 largest ships in the world emit as much nitrogen oxide and sulphur oxide as the world’s 760 million cars."

industrytap.com/worlds-15-biggest-ships-create-more-pollution-than-all-the-cars-in-the-world/8182

Electric cars produce SIX TIMES the amount of pollution, even before you get into lithium production. Suppose I have a gas car that gets 30 miles on a gallon of gas. Now I take the same gallon of gas and put it in a commercial power generating facility that's 33% efficient at turning gas into electricity (a real number). Now that gallon of gas is only good for 10 miles! Then that energy goes over the electric grid that is, seriously, 50% efficient. Look it up, they have to put in 200 watts at one end to get 100 out at your plug. Now that gallon is only worth 5 miles! So, for your electric car to go 30 miles, it needs 6 gallons of gas vs. my car's one! Obviously if your roof was solar cells like Musk is trying to do it would be green, but if you're charging off America's grid it's 60% fossil fuels and the rest mostly nuclear. I live in a town with three coal power plants and three nuclear plants within 10 miles. When you plug your car in a lot of it is going out our smokestacks, asshole!

Attached: Nuclear Blast.jpg (744x685, 86K)

Electric motors are far less likely to fail due to their mechanical simplicity and clean operation.

You retards realize that over time an electric car has a smaller carbon footprint than fossil fuel cars, even if some of their energy comes from coal, right?

i don't live in an american shithole that uses coal

Don't reply. He's either trolling or retarded.

but it's fun and he gets mad when i don't put effort into replies

By reducing transport (no benzin trucks, etc.) Keep it mind that gas powered power plant is a little bit more efficient than car engine, and electric cars are pretty efficient at inching forward.
But in reality, batteries are just questionable things.
Lack of engine in the hood will allow to make an airbag or something like that.

My country is a laughing stock when it comes to immigration, but damn we're clean. Shitholes like the US, that use coal, should just end themselves

Attached: europe-energy-mix-by-fuel.jpg (1950x1800, 1.42M)

diesel is superior for any other engine type anons just deal with it

And yeah, grid has 80-90% efficiency, I'm learning this shit in uni.
Fuck yeah.

> nitrogen oxide and sulphur oxide

Particular pollutants then, not all greenhouse gases.

When you consider all greenhouse gases (pic related): css.umich.edu/factsheets/carbon-footprint-factsheet

Attached: Figure_3_Transportation GHG.png (600x386, 150K)

inga binga borgen?

I have an electric lawn mower and electric riding lawn mower. Awesome shit compared to gas. My car runs on gas but it is far cleaner than my old mower was. Was looking at the Ryobi with the snow plow attachment but went with this instead as it was small in width (30 inch) so fit an area along my garage and fence and $1k cheaper.

Attached: weibang-rear-engine-riding-mowers-wb76e-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 74K)

On an overall scale.... Diesel is actually the least harmful... but it isn't europe/us/etc that's the problem...it's fucking china.

Attached: muslims-protest-publication-of-muhammad-cartoon-in-sweden.jpg (800x532, 108K)

>exaggerating the emissions produced by the electric car so much you draw cooling towers that emit black smoke

You must be 18 years or older to post here

>take some lessons from 9/11
holy shit this cannot be real

Attached: scary nigga.jpg (1920x1080, 837K)

but i'm married

by switching to nuclear power

Attached: 1496253584078.png (1000x815, 676K)

Why don't electric cars have solar panels on the roof and bonnet? I get some people would be bothered by the look but I would totally go for it, it just doesn't seem to be an option.

gasoline is made from coal

>nuclear plant
>dirty smoke
Lol

not nearly enough room for it to matter
solar panels are still really fucking expensive too

retard

Attached: Dmbo0wqXoAEvE-5[1].jpg (735x528, 124K)

>tfw baguette

Attached: 880.png (680x1039, 810K)

Reminder not to trust the German diesel lobby. They're pathological liars who went as far as cheating on emission tests

>omitting the logistics of the panels and the batteries you'd need to make a renewable grid
projecting

Shut the fuck up, exxon employee.

Why are cooling towers emitting smoke? I don't think they're supposed to do that.

Because political commentators are retarded and/or manipulative

One less source of emissions
Electricity could be produced by renewable means so there's another source gone

Also other things that somehow people forget
>environmental costs from lithium mining
>battery disposal and/or recycling

I got so mad at someone doing this one time. I don't even drive electric, but fuck you if you do this. You're a fucking nigger and I'll curbstomp the next faggot that does this

After 3 years of running, an electric car begins to outperform gas cars as far as less pollution goes. It all comes down to how long the batteries last. The instant you need to replace them it starts all over again.

Simple:
1. Ban affordable existing cars
2. Charge 3 times as much for electric cars
3. Repairs are way more frequent and expensive

Result: Poor people can't afford to drive and middle class people that try become poor people

Because even if the grid they're being charged from are partially carbon neutral, that's better than burning gasoline which isn't in the slightest.