What Sacred Text & Bible Software Does Jow Forums Use?

I really dig BibleTime (pic related), but I'd love an interface that was also meant for sacred text and exegesis from traditions and languages outside the Abrahamic world. For instance, it would be hella suite if BibleTime could also rock out Hindu and Buddhist texts in Sanskrit.

Does such software exist? For LiGnux?

What do you use for analyzing and reading sacred texts on your machine?

Attached: biblethyme.png (1920x1038, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

swordsearcher.com/
bibleanalyzer.com/
theword.net/index.php
portableapps.com/apps/education/bpbible_portable
f-droid.org/en/packages/org.hlwd.bible/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xpdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management
github.com/devplayer0/cvos
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/04/24/ransomware-hidden-inside-a-word-document-thats-hidden-inside-a-pdf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TempleOS
/thread

Attached: TempleOS.png (640x480, 29K)

Sorry 4

necroing

a closed

thread,

but I use

TEMPLEOS
E
M
P
L
E
OS
S

I have a bunch of PDF.

No, such software for non semitic texts does not exist.

Why are you rendering satanic signs on your monitor?

VADE RETRO

but i've been toying around with terry's OS for years, and i never found it good for interlinear text display.

are you gnostic or just an edgelord?

Attached: fdhdh.png (1213x866, 94K)

That looks really a lot like Xiphos. Is it some kind of fork?

xiphos and bibletime openly borrow code from one another, so there's a ton of similarities between the two. i think the only major difference is that xiphos employs gtk while bibletime relies on qt. i found text rendering to be a tad cleaner in bibletime, so i switched over from xiphos to it a few years ago.

Works On My Machineā„¢

Also
>having books stored in any format except pdf

Attached: 2019-06-10-165557_2880x1200_scrot.png (1092x1122, 476K)

SwordSearcher

swordsearcher.com/

Attached: ss.png (1089x810, 118K)

Based and redpilled.
Both the version and the verse (even though I like the style of the Douay-Rheims; to each their own).

Attached: IMG_20121031_143508.jpg (1492x1552, 499K)

>unironically preferring pdf to postscript

>unironically using twm and xpdf

>SwordSearcher
moneyware

jesus and abraham would not approve. the word of el should always be accessible to all free of charge.

FREE AND OPEN SOURCE BIBLE RESEARCH PROGRAMS

ALSO PORTABLE INSTALL TO YOUR USB FLASH DRIVE AND GIVE TO FRIENDS!!

bibleanalyzer.com/

theword.net/index.php

portableapps.com/apps/education/bpbible_portable

I'm using CDE on Tribblix (Solaris derivative).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Xpdf.

f-droid.org/en/packages/org.hlwd.bible/

No permissions, offline local, GPL 3.0 as the lord intended.

Diogenes, that is, diogenes-server accessed with the browser. I also use it in tablet so I don't have to sit on the computer when I read.

Attached: diogenes.png (1920x845, 200K)

Now this looks neat and super handy.

Epub is better because it can reformat to any window/screen dimensions, and can convert to plain text in non idiotic ways.

Except having each line 20 miles long is horse shit when you're trying to focus on actually reading a book. There's a good reason for most books being taller than they are wide. It makes them easy to read. Converting to plain text is fucking gay. You have a keyboard and a text editor. Use them.

There's nothing wrong with xpdf as long as you use a patched version that ignores DRM crap.

So you set your epub reader to show everything as as many columns as you like. Or drag its window narrow. Converting to plain text, or at least having a good copy/paste, is amazingly useful for quoting things. With pdf you're stuck with whatever page layout they made, regardless what size screen you view it on.

I always prefer pdfs or djvus because epubs are always full of wrongly printed text. I don't know what it is, but it's always there, some amount of text printed twice and then something missing right after that. Also random weird characted at times. I've never seen an epub that didn't have those.

Probably converted from shitty PDFs

>There's nothing wrong with xpdf as long as you use a patched version that ignores DRM crap.
Not sure what you're talking about. What does DRM even have with PDFs to do?

>reading the KJV
lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xpdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

I've never seen a PDF with DRM. Are you talking about buying ebooks or something?

It exists. Look it up with a search engine of your choice.

I'm sure it "exists", but why would I worry about something that I'm never actually going to encounter?

This.

PDF is only good for printing because it's always the same size on physical paper which is a weakness for viewing on different sized screens.

EPUB can also be transcoded into any other format.

It exists.
Also vulnerabilities because the PDF specification is so loose.

>this is a pdf that can boot as a .iso
github.com/devplayer0/cvos

Literally it just requires those 4 header lines and anything can masquerade as a "PDF"

nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/04/24/ransomware-hidden-inside-a-word-document-thats-hidden-inside-a-pdf/

There's no reason to not use a patched version. The version in the official Debian repos comes patched.

PDF with DRM commonly is used to prevent editing tables and other brackets.

Very fucking annoying shit.
Also used to prevent duplication without evidence.
I deal with it a lot in our finances department.