ITT: GPU tech that's actually useful and not just shinier reflections and washed-out upscaling. Case in point...

ITT: GPU tech that's actually useful and not just shinier reflections and washed-out upscaling. Case in point, AMD's new anti-lag.

Attached: amd-anti-jew.jpg (725x350, 107K)

>force win10 default prerendered frames from 3 to 1
> show it in sub 100fps scenario because it becomes negligible above that
>call it anti-lag
>drones eat it up

Yeah, so who do I call about getting a volume discount on these things?

Attached: 1543054055568.png (439x248, 112K)

based

>becomes negligible above that
Tell that to fps players/144hz fags.

you are retarded, less delay at any fps is what makes games feel good
also don't pretend you can run anything above 100 fps at real resolution

Ah yes, I too, use a monitor with 17ms lag
because response time doesn't matter in farmville

>nvidia blurs your 4k image
>amd upgrades anisotropy filtering
This is actually way more useful. Anisotropy doesn't do it anymore.

Attached: untitled-1.png (725x364, 361K)

I'm sure If they didn't call is "sharpening", and used some meme term like nvidia does, these faggots wouldn't moan about it as much.
Imagine bitching about cripser textures and shilling for washed out visuals instead for reduced performance.
Nvidiaturds are truly pathetic.

Any monitor you'll buy will have 13ms+ input lag though, and there's nothing you can do about it

mo dx11 support?

>Any monitor you'll buy will have 13ms+ input lag though, and there's nothing you can do about it
>coping this hard
pathetic; is this the power level of nvidia shills?

>have anything but APU
good goy. there is literally no need for discrete GPU these day.
if you have gayming urge it would be much cheaper to just buy used console.

>we added shader bloatware in every game
reminds me forced FXAA option

I will buy AMD just for this. Fuck the Nvidia jew, I can always overclock my GPU to unreasonable levels since it's AMD and have it burn down my house in the process. It's ok since I have a villa upstate, this feature though, makes it all worth it.

>GPU tech that's actually useful
Anything under $100. If you spend more than that on a new GPU, you're probably a fucking/v/toddler who needs to go back.

Don't integrated graphics use the main system memory and CPU, slowing down the system? Because when I switched from Intel graphics to a low end nvidia GPU I noticed a pretty noticeable performance increase for day to day tasks.

I can tell the difference between 2000 fps and 6000 fps in Osu! so I'm not quite sure what are you getting at

>Osu!
Yikes

Surprisingly gaymurs don't seem to understand how latency affects gameplay. They don't even realize the only point in increasing fps is to reduce latency. Pathetic.

Most games are plagued by shit netcode anyway

you are probably a fag who complains about AO too

They never understood what fps or frame times even are. In their mind, it was always "moar=better". That's why these shills always got excited at 5 moar fps about the same fps bracket.

This solution has been needed for quite some time. A final solution, you might say.

Ambient Occlusion? Nigger please, AO is the worst meme in history, just like AA.
>hurr let's render something
>durr now let's render it away again! who needs cycles anyway?

I don't understand anti-lag and that image clarity technology is exclusive for Navi or AMD will support Polaris and older too via drivers?

next thing you say "shadows are a meme" or better "polygons are there just to make you pay more"
Jow Forums is full of luddites

I figuratively don't even have words.

>kike
>anti-jew
>oven jokes
Kill yourself stormcuck

it's open source, so who knows

seething lmao

Shadows aren't a meme, Nvidia PCSS shadows are the most realistic shadows I know. They work on AMD hardware as well, by the way.

Then post anime

Attached: 1556941078668.gif (480x324, 3.91M)

@71373799
>le edgy holocaust joke
Back to your containment board

High AA is unironically a meme though, unlike AO. Polygons are good as long as they aren't thrown in there lazily and shadows have been a shitfest for a long time.

>PCSS shadows are the most realistic shadows I know.
they look almost identically to normal shadows(just like RTX) but murder your performance
this thing doesn't touch your performance(just like pure hair unlike hairworks), why are you complaining again?

>High AA
sure, it needs to be limited to x2 because retards crank it up to x8 then complain games don't run well enough

>>kike
>>anti-jew
>>oven jokes
>>le edgy holocaust joke
What joke?

I never complained, I just feel the urge to shout into peoples faces that AA and AO make them suck GPU company manager dick.

There are stairs? Get a higher resolution display. Smearing everything around is not a solution, it is retarded. The very definition of dumb and retarded. Wasting away cycles to distract from a competely different problem source: The fucking screen.

There are unrealistic shadows? Guess what: After applying Ambient Occlusion it still looks like a videogame. It still doesn't look like a realistic shadow with perfect lighting. So same applies here: It's absolutely dumb and retarded to smear the shadows that were just calculated away and waste cycles. Even worse: Some (small) shadows almost always disappear with AO enabled. That's not realistic, because a straw throws a shadow. The light particles from around the straw don't eliminate the straws shadow 100% in real life. But every AO implementation does exactly that. Look at grass in any vidya with AO enabled and disabled. There won't be any shadows with AO enabled under the grass. That is not realistic in any circumstance, ever. And despite having no grass shadows with AO, you lose FPS. AO is trash with any GPU, even a fucking 2080 or what have you.

>@71373799
back to plebbit

>t.resolution and visual fidelity -pilled
Technology ain't there yet. And tech jews don't want to take technology there. Consumer cucks are satisfied with washed out visuals while everyone wastes the computational potential of beefy cards.

Oy vey

Attached: 1475916463987.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Finally somebody like-minded.

Attached: 1475917086934.jpg (481x481, 81K)