so this is the best imageboard software out there? We need an imageboard written in Rust. Lynxchan is javashit...

github.com/bakape/meguca so this is the best imageboard software out there? We need an imageboard written in Rust. Lynxchan is javashit, vichan is PHP and there are some Python boards which sucks.

Attached: basedRust.png (1200x1200, 84K)

>go
no

fagGOt

i made one in nodejs

Attached: 1555296282924.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

can i haz link tho?

it's not on github, just a hobby project

cause i am making one too.. do you use polling or notification system for replies? what about captcha? also, how is it stand out from other chan?

>We need an imageboard written in Rust.
Then make one you lazy mofo

Unless you make something as big as 4chsn, why would you want to use Rust for it?
This is a perfect application for Node.js. it's not even worth it to use React, but if you want single-meme application and know how to use React to create website with nojs support, it might come in handy.

it literally only has thread creation, file upload and posting, no admin tools, expiration, captcha or the backlink shit

Image.
Because its Rust.

Attached: angry.png (500x607, 119K)

Isn't Jow Forums just PHP?

If PHP can handle Jow Forums anything can

Um that's not written in Rust. That's crusty Go code.

Oh just read your post OP. I agree

retard

go stdlib is perfect for this kind of sites.

fucking degenerates everywhere

>Lel, what is Rust, I've heard about it, let's look at a few presentation

>Hello, I'm a cunt, .... 10 minutes later..., so let me talk to you about trains.
OK
>10 minutes later, still talking about trains
Ok, let's try another one

>Starts immediately talking the same shit about trains.

Fuck you, I hate trains.

Oh yes, a hello world in Rocket.rs - 170 dependencies.

fucking node_modules all over again

It's not about whenever it can handle but about picking right tool for given task.

But if you want to practice Rust, why not. Image board sounds like cool webdev project.

I'll probably make one after async settles down. Right now the ecosystem is fucked because of it.

>UNIX way is bad

It has nothing to do with UNIX philosophy you retard.

Do one thing and done it well does NOT imply to have hundreds of amateur crappy modules like leftpad.

Actually, Go's stdlib is the UNIX Way - these components are well-designed and almost orthogonal but compose-able.

Except these modules are not crappy. They do one thing well, are open source and free, easy to integrate, etc.

The problem with leftpad was purely npm fault. They should prevent users from deleting libraries so easily.

Okay C fag.

>We need an x written in Rust.
this is why rust will never take off
trying to force it into things "just because"

Based&Rustpilled.

Because its memory safe and performance is very good. Its not "just because"

>so this is the best imageboard software out there?
Of course not, that would be Monada

It's not portable. If you can't replace C on literally all platforms, you can't replace it at all.

>Monada
*Monaba

What has that to do with web software? >Haskell
Trash.

why not use thread pool and message queue instead?

It's the http libraries that are fucked atm.

Don't you use web-frameworks like actix? It seems to have this ability.

>use frameworks bro
Gross.