I need a low powered GPU for cheap ($20 or so) probably going to pick off ebay...

I need a low powered GPU for cheap ($20 or so) probably going to pick off ebay, something that can do smooth 1080p playback/modern web surfing. Fanless would be better, but doesn't matter too much. This is for an old dual-core system used for office/internet/youtube. Old intel integrated doesn't cut it, don't want to stick in a HD4870 as it's too loud and uses too much energy.

Any suggestions?

Attached: gpu.png (512x512, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=altq8u5Jp-w
thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/geforce-8400gs-1gb-pci-express-20-video-card-gnulinux-full-low-profile-brackets-tpe-gf8400
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get a job?

Do as said
Buy a 2200G
profit

youtube.com/watch?v=altq8u5Jp-w

>go to ebay
>search ATI or AMD
>click GPU category
>sort by price
>buy $10 beater card
how is this even hard

It's for an elderly person. Their GPU fan is nearly dead and costs $30-$40 to buy new, because old ass low profile GPU. Otherwise the computer is fine and works for them.

I have like 2-3 older GPUs but they would all use too much power for simple video playback.

I'm looking for specific advice on what would be best for low powered and cheap, jeez. There are old ass power hungry cards for $20, which I don't need.

Thank you friend.

so narrow your search like a nontard tard

Unfortunately can't find one for cheap ($40 + 22 shipping), brand new GT 710 would be cheaper/better at $60 CAD. But still too expensive as I manged to get 1050 non-ti with coupons/sale shit for $75 CAD like a year ago.

The search continues.

Okay thanks buddy. I'm looking for a recommendation of something that would generally be available.

Radeon HD 6450

gtx 750 are like 20 bucks buy those

GT710 or GT730 come to mind because they use little power and are available with passive heatsinks.

$20 eh
Sticking with HD4870 might really be your best choice with that budget, just underclock and undervolt it

Kek, another AMDrone doing mental acrobatics to try and defend Faildozer

>GPU
>Bulldozer

Old cards are a fucking pain in the ass dude. Shitty legacy drivers. And they are rarely even that much cheaper.

Just get a shitty $30 mobo and a $50 celeron with HD510 integrated.

Literally just spend $20 more dollars and get an actual modern processor.

even something like a gt 530 will do
do as this user said and pick any low profile card that isn't older than 2010

Buy an old $100 iMac

>ati radeon hd4870
>2008
>ati
>radeon
>faildozer
this is your brain intc*el

Attached: think_fu.png (903x983, 124K)

go see what they have at the thrift store

Careful of the memory scams going on. The whole GDDR and DDR thing with video cards. Make sure it is GDDR and you'll get solid performance.

Look for a GT710 or a Radeon HD 5450, something like those. Both can be had in that price range, have passively cooled variants, and have a TDP under 20W.

do the temps even get bad? just add a case fan and let it be passively cooled

thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/geforce-8400gs-1gb-pci-express-20-video-card-gnulinux-full-low-profile-brackets-tpe-gf8400

Free software video card. No proprietary binary blobs

this

Quadro FX 580. You can get them for basically nothing.

I'm a NEET and sometimes think I'm poor, and then I realize there are anons who struggle to get $20-$40. I've got it pretty good

Hd4850 is the best video card ever released and completely btfo nvidia to the point where they had to cut prices by 66% on the gtx 260 just to remain slightly relevant

Bulldozer was the original fx series

dell optiplex off of craigslist

you're still poor. from up here you look the same as they do.

Try seeing people as I do. I have friends in their late 20s going on 30s that ask me if I have a laptop under $100 for them. Currently had 12 Dell D531 (X1270 graphics) with single core Sempron 1.8 ghz come my way for $40. Just put in a purchase for used Turion 64 x2 2.2 Ghz dual cores for $9 each with free shipping. New SSD will cost $20 and new battery will be $20. Memory I have from older builds to swap to 2-4 gb. Its not about poor as being thrifty to make things work for what you need. These people love older games like Diablo I and II, AoE 2 & Freelancer.

Attached: Running no issues.png (790x507, 89K)

just get an gt 1030.