How long should we save the save icon?

Floppy disks are dead and gone, and there's a whole generation of future computer users who will have never seen one in their lives, let alone used one. Why should it still be the universal icon for saving data when the majority of the userbase just views it as "that weird box thing?" In almost every program that has one there's also a text option in the menu somewhere that explicitly says "save," and tutorials/help docs are easy as shit to implement, so there's no reason to act like no one would be able to figure out how to save anything. Why hold on to depreciated iconography? And what should it be replaced with? A usb stick? DVD?
Thoughts?

Attached: save.jpg (1200x771, 30K)

No reason to change it. People know what it means.

Phones haven't looked like an AT&T handset in 40 years but everyone still recognizes the dialer icon on their smartphone as the phone app.

Nothing else looks like it in modern software, and everyone already knows it means "save", even those who're too young to know what they are. It's one of the few button icons that isn't shit and ambiguous.
As far as age, people still sometimes use rotary phones for icons, and that's still perfectly fine.
While I agree that menus/buttons should absolutely be just text, using a different, more ambiguous icon, just for the sake of change, is simply retarded and anyone who suggests it should just neck themselves.

Attached: black-phone-icon-1.png (250x250, 16K)

none of the normalfags know what these symbols mean but we still use them

Attached: 1549083899824.png (3200x2129, 3.63M)

Maybe we should use this one, because Jesus saves

Attached: 09-512.png (512x512, 3K)

What icon do you propose then user

they should replace it with this.

Attached: 34002.png (512x512, 7K)

+1

This.

The way.
The truth.
The life.

No one comes to the Father but through him... dark times, I'd suggest getting right with Christ and repenting for your life of sin...

usb stick or sd card could work

Get over it faggot. Why do you care so much about a dude that got NAILED?

Let's make it a rainbow or an anus

Or
OR
a rainbow anus

They will also be forgotten and obsolete in a blink of an eye

This
The problem is technology moves so fast that for easily recognizable icons it's easier to stick to convention

/thread

what did that dead jew do for me today besides force me to read this fuckshit post from an idiot

He gave you a topic to disagree and to rant over

He paid it all and shed his sinless blood up on that cross, freeing you from original sin. We are born into sin. Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior, and the way, the truth,and the life. No one comes to the father, but, through, him. It is not hard to understand. He paid it all for you, enabling you to choose the path of salvation.

!!

> clicks Jesus save icon
> Computer asks for the "Path of salvation"

This has my vote.

C:\[...]\dir\path
The way.

[filename]
The truth.

.ext
The life.

No one comes to the filesystem but through him.

FOSS faggots hate Christ though. i've seen a few open source projects remove crucifix imagery for no good reason.